Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Shedite27 wrote: »
    To all the posters that told is in Feb that they were moving to cash, interested to hear if ye've started buying or waiting for further falls.

Much like the market all logic/learning went out of my mind and I cleverly thought to myself that I had bought the dip last week Thurs/Fri but it kept dipping so I cleverly again, bought more of the dip.

To my intelligence, It kept going this week so I transferred more on wednesday.. and would you believe, it got even worse yesterday.

I didn't think it would go for this long and I thought Monday was the turning point, usually its a 3-5 day, not two weeks straight.

My cash reserves are now completely shot, bar if I transfer over some crypto profit but I'm just going to let it run. I'm back in the red - I was here for 2 years so its not unfamiliar territory
    "hello old friend came into my mind yesterday"

DutchYurt wrote: »
    "hello Redness my old friend"
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

bish76 wrote: »
    LMND is Tom's best buy few times
    We're turning to a recent recommendation to fill out our latest Best Buy Now list, picking AI-driven insurance provider Lemonade (NYSE: LMND) for the second time in three months. After earning its spot on our BBN list this time around, Lemonade has appeared as either a recommendation or a Best Buy Now every month since Tom first recommended it in December of last year. That track record should give you some idea of how excited Tom is about this company.

RDFN is also recommended by Tom Gardner and Tim Beyers few times in 10X discovery team interviews, latest one on 8th Feb

Both of these are also on Our Stocks list by mywallst.

ooops, noticed now, I have mixed up Jfrog with Lemonade. I have positions in all of these though.
    Yeah Lemonade has been on stock advisors. RDFN and Jfrog haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

To all the posters that told is in Feb that they were moving to cash, interested to hear if ye've started buying or waiting for further falls.

Over a third of my portfolio - what I would have used to dip in and out of purely speculative picks (Fastly, SQ, pharma stocks etc) - is now cash. The rest is in consumer defensives and oil (and a small amount in 4d pharma). For me, I don’t see that changing for quite a while. If anything, I may start beginning to sell off some oil soon to lock in those profits.

It’s about two weeks off the year mark of my first trade. I’m up ~40% and I’d rather not risk wiping out the profits than making a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

BT looks like it's worth an investment at the moment.

After the investment tax in the budget on Wednesday they can offset a large amount their current investment in fibre.
    https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/943104/bt-group-upgraded-as-credit-suisse-expects-one-of-the-strongest-post-covid-rebounds-943104.html

Has been a consistent gainer for me since October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭1percent

That's the most witty thing I've read on Share Picks 2021 (or any of the other Share Picks years). Keep it up

Haha thanks, I've been told I have a way with words. Now just to sweet talk those wallstreet bet guys to pump Mastercard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

I bought Gold, shiny shiny Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Whenever this stops, The trade desk looks a good buy. It monstered the way up to 1k at points, now at 639.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

TheW1zard wrote: »
    I bought Gold, shiny shiny Gold
    You mean GOLD or bullion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

bish76 wrote: »
    You mean GOLD or bullion?

Shiny Gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Whenever this stops, The trade desk looks a good buy. It monstered the way up to 1k at points, now at 639.

Yes but it was around $250 at the start of 2020 so goodness knows what it's true value is. $1k was well overvalued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

My biggest earner has been SM Energy (bought at $1.78 in November) and now its up to $18.13. Its been going up the last two weeks whereas everything else is going downhill.

No profits overall though as down big on Novavax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I stayed in cash for all of 48 hours, then got back in. That was a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I love (and hold) the Trade Desk, but they have a big problem coming with Google's new approach to Ads. It makes a big problem for the software TTD uses to track users
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/04/the-trade-desk-stock-drops-20percent-in-two-days-after-google-policy-update.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Well, I'm getting the 'opportunity' to continue averaging down on Alteryx... I buy a share every 2 dollar drop from here, not sure how much further I want to go.

PSTH premium is evaporating rapidly too. Reluctant to pick up much more as it's already a fairly sizeable holding for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

robman60 wrote: »
    Well, I'm getting the 'opportunity' to continue averaging down on Alteryx... I buy a share every 2 dollar drop from here, not sure how much further I want to go.

PSTH premium is evaporating rapidly too. Reluctant to pick up much more as it's already a fairly sizeable holding for me.

Trying to talk myself out of liquidating everything else and going all in on PSTH at these levels.

Reckon if I call Joe Duffy to complain it might help fix the market?

Bill Ackman better pull the finger out soon for PSTH - the faith is getting wobbly

SQ taking a serious beating I expect alot of stop losses at $200 currently $201 - I hope I'm right and it bounces from this or it may got to $175, my BEP is $250

Edesa - continues to be a fickle mistress

Atleast its nearly the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Feck. Arse.

giphy.gif

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Mmmm....nope! Next week.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

GameStop is the only show in town.

• Advertisement

GME up 12%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

We're entering a full blown crash territory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

GME up 12%

GME is just the new crypto currency now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Everything but BWA in the red for me today. What a terrible week. Ah well, I held everything. I'll ride this out, wait for the turnaround and buy in some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭jams100

GME up 12%

GME up 12%

Amazon down 1%
    Apple down 1% (195 billion in cash, pays a dividend, share buyback, 27* forward earnings)

:o :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :(:D

Looking at getting in on Tesla, long term they are going to do well, just such a hard company to value!

Halved position in Shell today, up 50% from lows, tech is where the future is long term

Valhallapt wrote: »
    We're entering a full blown crash territory

We're in a crash it just wasn't as sudden. Companies have worse SPs then when the crash happened in March. Only difference is this is a slow bleed so no halts.

If this continues on Monday I see no reason for it not to continue through the week, I'll be pulling out most of my money bar a few if it does. I'm in the red and I'm not going back to where I was. Id rather wait with the loss of my gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭jams100

DutchYurt wrote: »
    We're in a crash it just wasn't as sudden. Companies have worse SPs then when the crash happened in March. Only difference is this is a slow bleed so no halts.

If this continues on Monday I see no reason for it not to continue through the week, I'll be pulling out most of my money bar a few if it does. I'm in the red and I'm not going back to where I was. Id rather wait with the loss of my gains.

That's where the hedge funds (and hopefully me and a few boardsies come in an hoover up those shares) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

GME booming ahead.

Bring it on, I'll take whatever wins from that to spend on anything that hits the bottom. Look at AMD, bought some a few days back at around $75, I'll scoop up as much as I can if it goes sub $70. Chip shortages will eventually be dealt with, just in time for RDNA3 which if the leaks are true, will be a game changer.

Let's not forget their probable move to RISC, next generation CPUs will be a battle between AMD and Nvidia at this rat, unless Intel can get their **** together.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    GameStop is the only show in town.

I miss the Gamestop week. That seemed less volatile than this week

• Advertisement

Quick Maths says I'm down about 27% in 2 weeks, but still up 5% for the year. That buffer is quickly disappearing tho!

Advertisement