Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Teams is only for internal calls. Zoom will let you setup a phone system that does the Teams bit AND gives you 01 numbers for customers

I'm sorry to say this but you're actively misleading people at this point. VOIP and PBX integration is a core component of Teams for years.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-teams-gets-calling-to-external-phone-systems-functionality/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/calling-plans-for-office-365

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    Boards.ie pump and dump lol?

Dammit maybe I was right ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Timmaay wrote: »
    Dammit maybe I was right ha.

Looks like it, wouldn't have expected a few Boards buyers to have such a dramatic impact, had a little nibble at €0.575

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

PERI more than doubled since i bought it around a month ago, pity I sold half of it and lost a lot of the other half on bloody MARA, oh well, live and learn.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Anyone looking at STPK as a possible renewable energy / tech stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭TheBetsy

crushproof wrote: »
    I've been in LMND since it was around 45. My star performer last year but kicking myself for not getting out when it was higher. I believe it reached 185. Terrible drop today but hopefully it will rebound. Still a great business in my opinion.

Yeah in hindsight I definitely should've taken some off the table at the 180s. Will probably hold on to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

UWMC up 11.6%.........CLOV down 11.6% :o

Supercell wrote: »
    PERI more than doubled since i bought it around a month ago, pity I sold half of it and lost a lot of the other half on bloody MARA, oh well, live and learn.

All them digital advertising stock's saving my portfolio at the min, Apps peri mgni knbt etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

pioneerpro wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say this but you're actively misleading people at this point. VOIP and PBX integration is a core component of Teams for years.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-teams-gets-calling-to-external-phone-systems-functionality/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/calling-plans-for-office-365
    "actively misleading"? I wasn't aware Microsoft do that, that's not "actively misleading" ya clown. Good for you pointing it out.

Are there any customers in Ireland that use Microsoft for incoming/outgoing calls? I've been in a meeting recently where Zoom are trying to get us to ditch our telephony provider, nobody mentioned Microsoft as an option (and we use the whole Microsoft suite including Teams).

I was replying to jams100 comment "can someone enlighten me, what am I missing with this one? It's a video conferencing platform". I think it's more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Teams is only for internal calls. Zoom will let you setup a phone system that does the Teams bit AND gives you 01 numbers for customers

Nope. Use it daily for external activity

ITs all on the MS Teams page

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-overview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Shedite27 wrote:
    "actively misleading"? I wasn't aware Microsoft do that, that's not "actively misleading" ya clown. Good for you pointing it out.

^ That's actively misleading. A 10 second google would have told you as much, but you were more interested in trying to make an argument out of it.

And yeah, I could name a dozen Bluechip MNCs based in Ireland who have the fully integrated system for incoming/outgoing calls since the Skype For Business days, but why the **** would I bother when this is the sort of response I can expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Looking at Covid-19 vaccines.
    NVAX is down 16% and MRNA is down 6%. Should I add these to portfolio?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

I use the MS suite at work but we also used the likes of Slack beforehand. In small, especially tech startups the likes of zoom and slack are king. These companies, and to a large degree, staff, have no interest in getting locked into the MS ecosystem.

Most of them will use a combination of Slack, possibly zoom too for calls although slack had that functionality, Google docs and a local Git install (I know it's owned by MS) and whatever other tools they need to operate.

This is exactly my point. If Microsoft say tomorrow they want to increase their operating margins by 5% they can, people are locked in and will pay it and importantly they have the big enterprise customers, that's where the big money is. (Ultimately these small enterprises get to a point where they'll probably need the Microsoft suite of products anyway, so that wouldn't worry me too much)
    As a previous poster pointed out that's not true.
    Are there any customers in Ireland that use Microsoft for incoming/outgoing calls?
    I'm not aware of many using it for external calls right now, but Skype for business is going to be deprecated from 31st July this year, so you can guess where those calls will now be taking place.

I don't think Zoom are going anywhere, I'm not suggesting that, I'm just pointing out how overvalued I think it is currently and how I think they will struggle to increase margins in the long term and that's what they are going to have to do to justify their current valuation.

And look Zoom won't be stuck for capital so they can and will likely diversify into other areas but as I said, even putting my optimistic hat on I can't get anywhere near their current valuation. I just wanted to see whether I was missing something on this one seems not :cool:

Opening position in LMND, it's down 14%

bish76 wrote: »
    Opening position in LMND, it's down 14%
    BEP 112.99

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

BEP 112.99

What are you planning to do with it? Sell in the short term or hold it?

What are you planning to do with it? Sell in the short term or hold it?[/QUOTE]
    It is recommended by Motley fool and some others as long term investment. Me planning to sell it at around 150 when it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

cc87 wrote: »
    UWMC up 11.6%.........CLOV down 11.6% :o

Sold some of my QS & UWMC at a small profit (finally!) to open a position in LMND and average down on CLOV & FROG

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

It is recommended by Motley fool and some others as long term investment. Me planning to sell it at around 150 when it comes.

I bought one for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Rocket getting short squeezed, up 60%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭TheBetsy

circadian wrote: »
    Anyone with Rocket shares? Their short interest has gone up to 40%+, watch out for a potential squeeze. It's certainly gaining.

Just been halted!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Rkt up to 26 now, geting a good bit of attention on r/wallstreetbets too...
    Getting fomo after holding it while it was stagnant the past 7 months

$40 up 60% today...
    Great company but looking like a possible short squeeze.
    Got back in at $29 and will be placing stop losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Looking at Covid-19 vaccines.
    NVAX is down 16% and MRNA is down 6%. Should I add these to portfolio?

I added some NVAX but my initial purchase on a dip was 285 😔. My average is about 240 now, and I may even be overweight due to SPACs in my portfolio slumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

bish76 wrote:
    Looking at Covid-19 vaccines. NVAX is down 16% and MRNA is down 6%. Should I add these to portfolio?

NVAX is in a downtrend, so there's a possibility of it dropping more...I would be more comfortable getting it around 150-160, at that range risk of downside is less...may be buy half now n if it drops to that level you can buy another half. Same with MRNA buy half around 130's n other half around 110's if it drops...it has bounced back from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

^ That's actively misleading. A 10 second google would have told you as much, but you were more interested in trying to make an argument out of it.
    "actively misleading" is knowing that Teams allows customer calls and claiming it doesn't to mislead people on purpose (aka lying)
    "being incorrect" is not knowing that Teams allows customers incoming calls and saying it does (aka being wrong)

I'm incorrect loads of times. You can correct an incorrect point without using phrases that make it seem like I am going out of my way to mislead people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

Hey, I'm totally with you on the 'big bad microsoft' thing up to the last 24 months. And Slack is a fine product, nothing wrong with it. But you get into SSO and compliance concerns for companies above 5,000 employees and it presents some brickwall problems from a management and deployment point of view. That's nonwithstanding the issues with maintaining and patching software from 5-6 different vendors... and the OpEx costs quickly overcomes the saving in CapEx, which is written off anyway.

If I was bootstrapping? Absolutely I'd patch together a system like you described. But Powerpoint and Excel pivot tables/db hooks are going nowhere, and Sharepoint in particular is a superb community product that 'just works' in a way that a lot of its competitors don't. Integrated with Teams it's honestly a no brainer.

I use Slack and Discord a lot day to day. I also use **** like Trello. But there's a reason the Atlassian stack and the MS stack are so common - and it has a lot to do with SLA and support contracts ensuring a significant uptime and responsiveness in adverse conditions, as well as developer and 3rd party support. Look at something like Avepoint for example - there's a reason they've built such a massive business around facilitating the 'last mile' bits of O365 support.

I don't disagree on the whole. I'm a cloud architect, I have to deal with these types scenarios day in day out. I personally prefer Azure over AWS despite being a Linux head. It's just all laid out better, but horses for courses, I'll use whatever suits the job.

Atlassian is another one, I love it. I've beent hrough Christ knows how many iterations of Jira and Confluence over my years. Many of my colleagues are a bit less enthusiastic, in fact many just want open source/free software whereas I'd much prefer pay for someone else to maintain or fix it freeing up our engineers time.

My point was, and I understand you saying that larger companies will be in on MS and much less likely to go for the likes of Zoom but there are a hell of a lot of small businesses doing remote working for the first time and relying heavily on Zoom to do business. Zoom has a place in the market, I agree the current share price is way overvalued for what it is, that's a reflection of the pandemic. If Zoom can capitalise on the name recognition and innovate then this price might be more appropriate long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

C3.Ai almost at its IPO price,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

Everything started crashing around 3pm ET, Rocket on the other hand, took off then.

If you're red today, well, everyone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

circadian wrote: »
    Everything started crashing around 3pm ET, Rocket on the other hand, took off then.

If you're red today, well, everyone is.

My Copper ETFs are the only green in my portfolio.

• Advertisement

I was gonna post this on the NIO thread because there are 2 posters there who are like 30% down, but its probably more relevant in here. For several investors here who only started investing in the last few months this current pullback is probably your 1st major correction, especially if you are heavy in growth stocks like EVs etc. This is a whole new set of emotions that yous are going to have to face, the prospect of having a negative account balance for an unknown amount of time, weeks or months, and when do you cut your losses? I had to go through all this last March during the Corona crash, and I've no issues admitting that I bottled it and sold nearly everything when the pain of losing money got too great (at around a 25% loss). I sold both good and bad then, NIO at 4.50 and APPs at 5.90, God they were 2 that I really missed out on ha. So anyways all I'll say to anyone who is suffering at the minute, the golden rule still is find good companies that you'd be happy to own no matter what the share price is, make sure you don't make any rash decisions right now and sell something that you might well regret later, however equally so if your getting a serious reality check that you've invested too much of your savings into the market on the bases that stonks only go up, then simple fact is you need to get a plan to reduce your market exposure, the best place to start here would be to trim them companies that you bought on a whim and didn't really have any conviction on, next best to them are the companies that you really cant see much of an upside potential. Sit down and be honest with yourself, plan it all out and don't do anything too quick, and certainly don't waste any energy on regrets about not timing the top, it is absolutely impossible to time the top or bottom, all you can do is have your ground rules in place and improve them over time.

Advertisement