Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 DGW Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Morzadec wrote: »
    No one really.

Reguilon probably the safest, he's fully back from injury now and is just better than Davies particularly going forward. I think you could feel good about him, but he's 5.8, that bit too much for me

Just checked, he actually only 5.5m, so straight swap for AWB is possible. hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just checked, he actually only 5.5m, so straight swap for AWB is possible. hmm

Ah yes sorry just realised the error.

I'm still considering Aurier despite being advised against it by my friend who's a Spurs fan. If he could start 2 of the next 3 and the blank 29 it would likely be worth it for me.

Otherwise I could bring in Reguilon, and then bring in El Mohamedy instead of Konsa. These hits are probably only worth it if the player plays in 29 too .Trying to get an update on Cash's injury and Smith has said he'd be back either for the Spurs game in 29 or the week after. Then there's also Engels who's back fit and I believe can play right back.

Any Villa fans care to comment on El Mohammedy as an option for GWs 26-29?

Or generally whether Aurier and Konsa is better than Reguilon and El Mohamedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Anyone tempted to bench Cancelo? A lot expected him to be rested last weekend but he played full game and again midweek. I fully expect him to be rested for one game. I can start another DGW player in his place (no Bench boost)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

Played my wildcard. So its
    Martinez
    Digne, Cancelo, Dias
    Lookman, Bruno, Son, Gundogan
    Kane, DCL, Watkins

Subs-Pope, Aina, Raphinha, White (Brighton)

All starting 11 have double games and 2 on the bench.... Now, who do I pick as captain??!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So no proper update on Maddison then!

Gonna have to swap him for Barnes can't take the risk. So annoying I didn't want to have to go -4 this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

R11 wrote: »
    Played my wildcard. So its
    Martinez
    Digne, Cancelo, Dias
    Lookman, Bruno, Son, Gundogan
    Kane, DCL, Watkins

Subs-Pope, Aina, Raphinha, White (Brighton)

All starting 11 have double games and 2 on the bench.... Now, who do I pick as captain??!

I like it, particularly if the Villa Everton game gets fixed for GW28. The only negative I would have is how often would you play Pope in the next say 6 gameweeks? If not very much I would maybe download to a 4.5m keeper or even a 3.9m non playing keeper. It would give you more room to maneuver for future transfers.

Klonker wrote: »
    I like it, particularly if the Villa Everton game gets fixed for GW28. The only negative I would have is how often would you play Pope in the next say 6 gameweeks? If not very much I would maybe download to a 4.5m keeper or even a 3.9m non playing keeper. It would give you more room to maneuver for future transfers.

Thanks, swapped Pope out for Areola. Any other changes you recommend? Bit unsure about Lookman....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

R11 wrote: »
    Thanks, swapped Pope out for Areola. Any other changes you recommend? Bit unsure about Lookman....

Look man, dont do anymore transfers or may just regret them.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sheffield United have some amount of injuries. All those going without Salah will have a nervous evening on Sunday

Look man, dont do anymore transfers or may just regret them.

:pac:

Ba dum tish!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No one really.

Reguilon probably the safest, he's fully back from injury now and is just better than Davies particularly going forward. I think you could feel good about him, but he's 5.8, that bit too much for me

I got Regulion in this week in my Wildcard too. Had him for the FH week and he was great fun to own. Should have had a huge haul, looked very attacking against West Ham last week too

Sheffield United have some amount of injuries. All those going without Salah will have a nervous evening on Sunday

For this reason alone is Salah the right captain choice?

Mourinho's comment on Kane are annoying as last thing i want to do is bring him in and then he doesn't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ace2007 wrote: »
    For this reason alone is Salah the right captain choice?

Mourinho's comment on Kane are annoying as last thing i want to do is bring him in and then he doesn't start.

Im not worried about Kane starting. Even if he to rest him he wouldn't give an indication of it during a presser

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I keep looking at Bamford -> DCL and thinking that 2 appearances will cover the -4. DCL probably has a good chance of outscoring Bamford too.

But a -8 is so different to a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Any suggestion for a Dallas replacement that has a DGW? Was thinking Lookman for the same price. Or given it doesnt sound like Grealish will start is it better to move on Watkins and leave Dallas there?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Any suggestion for a Dallas replacement that has a DGW? Was thinking Lookman for the same price. Or given it doesnt sound like Grealish will start is it better to move on Watkins and leave Dallas there?

Don't sell Dallas if not gonna use him this week just bench him. He's a defender that more often then not is up front. His points potential in most games is always very good double or not.

Im not worried about Kane starting. Even if he to rest him he wouldn't give an indication of it during a presser

I didn't see the presser, just this comment,
    CSF wrote: »
    Mourinho on Harry Kane

"In the Premier League he [Vinicius] is going to play because we have so many matches that Kane cannot play every match."

Its almost as if Mourinho has more interest in playing mindgames with FPL managers than the lad in the opposition dugout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

On a -4 already getting DCL and Martinez so I can BB but going to make 1 more change, any thoughts on the below?

A. Grealish to Barnes
    B. Cresswell to Pereira
    C. Holding to Evans

Any thoughts on this? tempted by A now that Grealish is definitely out for this weekend and Maddison looks to be out also

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

So no proper update on Maddison then!

Gonna have to swap him for Barnes can't take the risk. So annoying I didn't want to have to go -4 this week.

Maddison looks like he’s out for a few weeks.

https://twitter.com/colmvhayes/status/1365308553343418372?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Any thoughts on this? tempted by A now that Grealish is definitely out for this weekend and Maddison looks to be out also

Why dont you do holding to a Fulham defender? like Aina?

Issue with your proposals is that none of the new guys play in gw 29.

for this DGW I would probably want to have pereira > Barnes > Evans, in that order. but personally would only want to sell Holding as he is useless (but does have a game in 29)

• Advertisement

Maddison looks like he’s out for a few weeks.

https://twitter.com/colmvhayes/status/1365308553343418372?s=21

Ya it's the same thing Rodgers has been saying since last weekend. It's like they don't care about FPL! Ha .

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ya it's the same thing Rodgers has been saying since last weekend. It's like they don't care about FPL! Ha .

I think the fact he says he’ll see how it goes over the next few weeks means we won’t be seeing Maddison in a league game until the middle of March.

I think the fact he says he’ll see how it goes over the next few weeks means we won’t be seeing Maddison in a league game until the middle of March.

Ya if he's talking like that he won't risk him surely.

Starting to think should I try Son over Barnes to replace Maddison?

Everything of late is telling me no way but what if Kane and Son click against two of the bottom teams!

I already have Kane so again it's making me wanna stick with Barnes but still! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Really annoyed but did Maddison to Barnes. Didn’t want to have to do a sideways transfer like that but I really feel the need for a piece of the Leicester attack.

Honestly, even though I have Son I’ve a good feeling for Bale this week. Would like to have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Bamford and Justin out for DCL and Digne. Everton have two great fixtures and should be confident after the derby win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

-4 taken bamford, ings and awb to kane , Maitland Niles and Brewster. Have moved away from a strong front as BB played and have FH for 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Would Holgate be the most nailed defender/best option for Everton after Digne? I fancied Keane but noticed he doesn't look totally nailed. The only match Holgate missed recently was the home game loss to Newcastle so seems Ancellotti trusts him as the main man at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bamford and Vestergaard to DCL and Holgate -4. Bench boost locked and loaded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Would Holgate be the most nailed defender/best option for Everton after Digne? I fancied Keane but noticed he doesn't look totally nailed. The only match Holgate missed recently was the home game loss to Newcastle so seems Ancellotti trusts him as the main man at the back

I’m tempted by him.

Between that or double up on Villa defence with Konsa. They’ve slacked off but the fixtures are great

5.3m defender who we thinking?

Advertisement