Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 DGW Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

claw wrote: »
    Probably playing the wildcard to build on gains over the last while. Currently on:

Martinez (4.5 keeper)
    Konsa Dallas Cancelo Digne Dias
    Gundogan Bruno Salah Barnes Raphinha
    Dallas DCL Kane

Would have 6 for week 29 with that squad but 11 for the upcoming week. Not sure about double Villa. Any feedback would be appreciated!

We've certainly got similar teams for WC so I am liking yours claw.

One thing with Villa, I've had Martinez for the majority of the season and he's been brilliant. I thought they looked awful v Leicester and thought Grealish injury influenced the team so much.

They've certainly overachieved this season so hard to keep that up, Martinez might be fine but I definitely wouldn't add Konsa to it. West Ham defence maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

We've certainly got similar teams for WC so I am liking yours claw.

One thing with Villa, I've had Martinez for the majority of the season and he's been brilliant. I thought they looked awful v Leicester and thought Grealish injury influenced the team so much.

They've certainly overachieved this season so hard to keep that up, Martinez might be fine but I definitely wouldn't add Konsa to it. West Ham defence maybe?

I had Cresswell and took him out, but am wondering if it is better to hang onto him for GW 29. Ideally I would like a defender that plays two matches this week and GW 29. Options are Fulham, Spurs, and Villa. That's why I chose Konsa, hoping that they keep a clean sheet at Sheffield United.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

All but settled on:

Ederson (Sanchez)

Pereira, Dias, Shaw (Struijk, Mitchell)

Gundogan, Salah, Barnes, Fernandes, Raphinha

DCL, Kane
    (Vyrda)

I'll only have 10 DGWers but I think Raphinha versus IMO, a weaker Villa team without Grealish could get more points than any other MF I'm looking at.

Plan will be to BB in the weeks later and eventually get rid of Sanchez as 2nd keeper.

Anything glaringly obvious I am missing or someone punty anyone fancies for the DGW?

I would recommend Holgate over Shaw and could upgrade Mitchell perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Playing the WC this week as although my team had a number of DWGers, I wasn't totally happy with it. Been stuck around the 100k mark for the last number of weeks so change might be good to start climbing again.

Existing team is:
    Martinez (Button)

Lowton, Cancelo, Stones
    (Coufal, Struijk)

Sterling, Salah, Fernandes, Raphinha, Grealish

Ings, Bamford (Brewster)

I fear the 3 City players will get rotated for their nice fixtures and going for some more nailed. Grealish an issue as is Ings and otherwise defence looks a bit of a mess.

All but settled on:

Ederson (Sanchez)

Pereira, Dias, Shaw (Struijk, Mitchell)

Gundogan, Salah, Barnes, Fernandes, Raphinha

DCL, Kane
    (Vyrda)

I'll only have 10 DGWers but I think Raphinha versus IMO, a weaker Villa team without Grealish could get more points than any other MF I'm looking at.

Plan will be to BB in the weeks later and eventually get rid of Sanchez as 2nd keeper.

Anything glaringly obvious I am missing or someone punty anyone fancies for the DGW?

Your front 7 is what I have at the moment so I like that. Do think Ederson weakens your bb potential though and would also prevent you from getting KDB in one move. I know he's a nailed on way into the City backline but his ceiling is 6 points most weeks whereas Martinez can pull a 12 pointer in any given week. Your bb could potentially end up having 3 players that won't play. With the extra funds from downgrading Ederson you could have a decent bb in 30/31.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What to do with John Stones!? There's no way he's starting the next 4 but is Dias?

• Advertisement

Your front 7 is what I have at the moment so I like that. Do think Ederson weakens your bb potential though and would also prevent you from getting KDB in one move. I know he's a nailed on way into the City backline but his ceiling is 6 points most weeks whereas Martinez can pull a 12 pointer in any given week. Your bb could potentially end up having 3 players that won't play. With the extra funds from downgrading Ederson you could have a decent bb in 30/31.

Are people leaving money in the bank to get KDB in their teams in one move say by having Gundogan? Very hard to have Bruno, Salah, Kane, City defenders, DCL and mid priced midfielders and then getting KDB in with a swap out of Gundogan. If there is a template for that I would be very interested!

Are people leaving money in the bank to get KDB in their teams in one move say by having Gundogan? Very hard to have Bruno, Salah, Kane, City defenders, DCL and mid priced midfielders and then getting KDB in with a swap out of Gundogan. If there is a template for that I would be very interested!

Don't know would it be feasible going with 4 premiums? Would be hard to sell Gundo with his price and form. I'm contemplating going with KDB over Salah. Will see what kind of minutes he gets tonight. His low ownership going into two doubles will probably be too hard for me to resist.

I had Cresswell and took him out, but am wondering if it is better to hang onto him for GW 29. Ideally I would like a defender that plays two matches this week and GW 29. Options are Fulham, Spurs, and Villa. That's why I chose Konsa, hoping that they keep a clean sheet at Sheffield United.

While Villa haven't been great lately, still think Konsa is good option for those with bb left to use later as well. Looking at GW30 they've Fulham at home, not an easy game any more by any means but they haven't exactly been banging the goals in either plus he has a goal threat. Throw in Rudiger at 4.6 and Leeds keeper along with Raphinha and you have a bb of Fulham (h) Sheffield United (h) West Brom (h) that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

What to do with John Stones!? There's no way he's starting the next 4 but is Dias?

Leave him in - he'll start at least 2 and that's all you can hope for almost any City player over these next 4. The league is basically wrapped up now and there are CL games coming up. He's still great value if he only starts 2 of the 4.

Ederson will start 4, I would venture to say that no on else will. Maybe Dias. I'd say Dias probably starts 3. Gundogan, KDB, Cancelo, Stones, Sterling maybe with a chance of 3 also.

But he's said he will rotate a lot and he has the players to do so. I'm going into 26 with 2 City players. Might bring in a 3rd for 27 depending.

While Villa haven't been great lately, still think Konsa is good option for those with bb left to use later as well. Looking at GW30 they've Fulham at home, not an easy game any more by any means but they haven't exactly been banging the goals in either plus he has a goal threat. Throw in Rudiger at 4.6 and Leeds keeper along with Raphinha and you have a bb of Fulham (h) Sheffield United (h) West Brom (h) that week.

I have bench boost left, but at this stage I wouldn't use it till after GW29. Probably would have used it this week if I had wildcarded last week. I think Villa will have to be more defensive now if Grealish is out for a while. Leicester was a hard match for them, plus I imagine the atmosphere probably wasn't great around the club with the Grealish injury leak. Villa's fixtures aren't too bad over the next while to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭startrek56

currently have 12 players playing 2 games, have already made one transfer this week, seriously thinking about making another 2 for -8, Sterling and Antonio out Kane and Barnes in... that would be then 13 players for dgw and i will use bench boost...
    what do ye think about that? sterling could go and score 5 goals in next 2 home games OR he could blank in one and be a sub in the other...not sure what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Near the top of some money leagues now and it seems madness not to get kane in this situation.

Cresswell->Shaw
    Grealish->Pereira
    Ings->Kane

Bench boost of McCarthy, Shaw, Bamford, Dallas...

Really don't want a squad full of this value spread out for much longer so happy to shift the bench boost now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ditched Salah for KDB myself, sacrificed a City defender for Digne and kept Gundog

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Near the top of some money leagues now and it seems madness not to get kane in this situation.

Cresswell->Shaw
    Grealish->Pereira
    Ings->Kane

Really don't want a squad full of this value spread out for much longer so happy to shift the bench boost now I think.

If you can afford the extra 0.5m maybe Wan Bissaka offers better potential for attacking returns? At least thats what Im hoping when I picked between the two of them last week. Regardless their fixture away to Chelsea is a tough one as Chelsea have had loads of clean sheets since Tuchel came in with another one last night. But good potential v Palace in the second game.

Theres still no update on the Grealish injury since Smith said a few days ago that its not a long term injury and he hopes he makes the Leeds game.I dont own Grealish but do own Watkins so one effects the other.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Ditched Salah for KDB myself, sacrificed a City defender for Digne and kept Gundog

Think my reasoning for keeping Salah is away to Sheffield United and the Fulham match at home a week later. Never enjoyed not having Salah in a team with fixtures like that. Has normally ended badly :) I know Liverpool are not playing well but he is still chipping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Muahahaha wrote: »
    If you can afford the extra 0.5m maybe Wan Bissaka offers better potential for attacking returns? At least thats what Im hoping when I picked between the two of them last week.

Of the United defensive options, Shaw is by far the best way into it as an attacking threat.

Assisted 4 goals in Feb, more than anyone else and has created more chances (45) than any other PL defender this season. Plus cheaper than Wan Bissaka.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,857 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cresswell->Shaw
    Grealish->Pereira
    Ings->Kane

I don’t think it’s mad not to have him but those 3 you’re getting rid of do look like they need replacing, so why not really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think my reasoning for keeping Salah is away to Sheffield United and the Fulham match at home a week later. Never enjoyed not having Salah in a team with fixtures like that. Has normally ended badly :) I know Liverpool are not playing well but he is still chipping in.
    Liverpool aren't right IMO. Blanked against Everton, Brighton, Burnley, Southampton, and Newcastle in 2021. I'm sure they'll click at some point, but I've lost patience with them.

Fulham are fairly solid, only conceded 1 in the last 3 and have only conceded more than 3 once this season.

City with back to back doubles, with all 4 games at home - I've never seen that before. Granted KDB isn't going to play all 4, but I suspect he'll outscore Salah in the next 2 GW's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭startrek56

anyone think sterling will play the 2 home games?

Edit: actually the more i think about it, i doubt he will, foden, de bruyne, Torres, Ageuro will all get minutes so he will more than likely drop out for one game

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

KdB has done nothing this year to say he's a must have - at this stage it's just like saying a big name and priced player would look good in the template - one goal in open play i believe - Benteke for instance has score more goals.

If Ageuro was back fit and playing - lads be throwing him into the team despite maybe not scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

This makes Maddison's injury sound a bit more serious than just missing the midweek game.

The obvious transfer is to bring in Barnes, but I already had plans to bring in Pereira for Mee. 2 starts for Periera covers the -4 but I'd nearly rather not have to take hits.

https://twitter.com/ColmVHayes/status/1364580808116297728?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Balls might have to go -4 to bring in Barnes or use my bench and go without one double game week player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

CSF wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s mad not to have him but those 3 you’re getting rid of do look like they need replacing, so why not really

The more I look at his record Vs burnley and Fulham the better an option I think he is. I was all set not to get him last week ha ha. Yeah those three need to go for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,857 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The more I look at his record Vs burnley and Fulham the better an option I think he is. I was all set not to get him last week ha ha. Yeah those three need to go for now.

I think that a lot of things have changed as years go on. Mourinho Spurs are not conducive to peak Kane unless he lets them loose, which feels unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Currently have 9 DGWers, 2m in the bank and starting line up looking like this

Martinez
    Cancelo Stones Mee
    Fernandes Gundogan Salah Son Raphina
    Vardy Bamford

Johnstone Dallas Antonio Coufal

Possibly looking at just replacing Antonio with Dcl and just go with 10 dgwers.

I have a fear of not having Kane, not that he or Spurs have been doing much of late, but if he does click, could be badly punished as I’d imagine he’s likely to be highly owned and highly captained.

Saying that the only way I can fit Kane in is to swap him in for Vardy, who probably has just as much potential to score as Kane. Would it be too much of a sideways a move?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    City with back to back doubles, with all 4 games at home - I've never seen that before. Granted KDB isn't going to play all 4, but I suspect he'll outscore Salah in the next 2 GW's

Plus when we will ever have KDB at <20% ownership ahead of back to back double gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thoughts on the following two independent moves

I’m dead ending in GW29 so have an eye on the next four GWs

Rashford -> Son for a -4
    Pros: Game in 29, better fixtures this week and the following two. Rashford can be hit or miss.
    Cons: United have Palace

Lowton -> Aina for a -4
    Pros: game in 29, think Fulham could get a CS v Palace
    Cons: Very few, Burnley unlikely to keep a CS, no attacking threat, already got his goal

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Green&Red wrote: »
    Thoughts on the following two independent moves

I’m dead ending in GW29 so have an eye on the next four GWs

Rashford -> Son for a -4
    Pros: Game in 29, better fixtures this week and the following two. Rashford can be hit or miss.
    Cons: United have Palace

Lowton -> Aina for a -4
    Cons: Very few, Burnley unlikely to keep a CS, no attacking threat, already got his goal

Cheers

Wouldn't get rid of Rashford, bizarrely I've got a hunch that United will beat City and Rashford's pace in behind is central to that possibility.... and Spurs are awful.

But that's just one crazy man's guess!

I like the Aina move a lot more, even if it's unsexy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Green&Red wrote: »

Lowton -> Aina for a -4

He actually has 2 goals this season, so must have some attacking threat.

I've actually being thinking of starting Aerola ahead of Mendy for this GW, as they have tighten up a fair bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Muahahaha wrote: »
    If you can afford the extra 0.5m maybe Wan Bissaka offers better potential for attacking returns?

Than Shaw? He absolutely doesn't!!

Shaw's attacking stats are nuts and he's been very unlucky not to see a lot more returns.

Edit. I see Fr Hernandez already covered this. :)

Advertisement