Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 DGW Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    I’m tempted by him.

Between that or double up on Villa defence with Konsa. They’ve slacked off but the fixtures are great

5.3m defender who we thinking?

Yeah I'm in that market.

Aurier - best fixtures from 26-29, fixture in 29, best attacking threat. Gametime unknown as he's just back form injury - lots of matches for SPurs and Doherty and Tanganga as options

Holgate, Godfrey, Keane - Holgate looks the best for nailedness and price, but Keane is the most likley to score. Probable double in 28 which would include Burnley at home too

Konsa - plays in 29 and maybe has a double in 28 too. Nailed, some aerial threat (2 goals this season and a high xG in the last match). Targett an option too but don't think he's worth the extra 0.3, more running in his role too

Aina - decent enough fixtures, plays in 29, part of a resurgent Fulham defence, good goal/assist threat

I'll be going Konsa I think for sure. And then I think that a further -4 to get in Holgate for Mee is justified. I think he makes it up this week and is a good option in 28 with hopefully 2 plum fixtures. Aurier is really tempting me too however.

Another option is to go EL Mohammedy and Reguilon. Elmo I'm told by a Villa fan is nailed for the double, but I think Cash will likely be back for the 29 game. If it wasn't for that he'd be a temptiong option at 4.3 and with some assist threat

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in that market.

Aurier - best fixtures from 26-29, fixture in 29, best attacking threat. Gametime unknown as he's just back form injury - lots of matches for SPurs and Doherty and Tanganga as options

Holgate, Godfrey, Keane - Holgate looks the best for nailedness and price, but Keane is the most likley to score. Probable double in 28 which would include Burnley at home too

Konsa - plays in 29 and maybe has a double in 28 too. Nailed, some aerial threat (2 goals this season and a high xG in the last match). Targett an option too but don't think he's worth the extra 0.3, more running in his role too

Aina - decent enough fixtures, plays in 29, part of a resurgent Fulham defence, good goal/assist threat

I'll be going Konsa I think for sure. And then I think that a further -4 to get in Holgate for Mee is justified. I think he makes it up this week and is a good option in 28 with hopefully 2 plum fixtures. Aurier is really tempting me too however.

Another option is to go EL Mohammedy and Reguilon. Elmo I'm told by a Villa fan is nailed for the double, but I think Cash will likely be back for the 29 game. If it wasn't for that he'd be a temptiong option at 4.3 and with some assist threat

Thanks I’m going to punt for El Mohammedy I think he could see attacking returns between now and Cash’s potential return.

That transfer takes me to a -8 for the week. But like you I’m also tempted to remove my Burnley defender for one of the above options.

-12 is a big hit though and doesn’t feel right to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Kilman and Grealish out for Konsa and Barnes for a -4, finally got some Leicester cover!

Bench boost activated even though i have 3 single gws, still have 12 DGW and its the last of my chips so no more planning needed. Currently have 7 for GW29so hopefully get to 10 without any major problems in between :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    Thanks I’m going to punt for El Mohammedy I think he could see attacking returns between now and Cash’s potential return.

That transfer takes me to a -8 for the week. But like you I’m also tempted to remove my Burnley defender for one of the above options.

-12 is a big hit though and doesn’t feel right to do

I'm going -12 fwiw. I'm not someone who is reckless with its, but you just have to look at what you expect the players to get over the next few eeks to decide.

Taking into account the following:

- All my transfers AFTER this GW will be to prepare for GW 29
    - The fact that Holgate is likely to double in 28 (and even if he doesn't he has BUR at home)
    - The fact that I won't want to play Mee in 27 or 28

The way I see it is that the extra -4 to go Mee to Holgate is worth it. If he covers the -4 this week (which I predict he will) then it will be worth it even if I'd have only broken even for the week (would be like gaining a transfer). There's a chance he doesn't cover the minus 4 of course (but also a chance he more than covers it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I'd appreciate any feedback on my wildcard team

Martinez
    Stones Pereira Digne
    Salah Gundog Bruno Barnes
    DCL Kane Watkins

Fabri Cancelo Raphinha Dallas

Benching Cancelo is the standout obviously. I'm happy with the team going forward and I just don't think he'll start both games this week. I think I'm well set up for next few gameweeks, especially if Villa Everton is fixed for GW28 and I already have 6 for GW29 before making any transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Cant get Kane without taking out Bruno or Salah which I dont feel too good doing!
    Transfers at the moment which is -4
    Grealish to Barnes
    Raphina to Gundo
    Antonio to Watkins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Maddison & Barnes to Pereira & Kane for a -4 and sticking the TC on Harry, and now the fear kicks in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Klonker wrote: »
    I'd appreciate any feedback on my wildcard team

Martinez
    Stones Pereira Digne
    Salah Gundog Bruno Barnes
    DCL Kane Watkins

Fabri Cancelo Raphinha Dallas

Benching Cancelo is the standout obviously. I'm happy with the team going forward and I just don't think he'll start both games this week. I think I'm well set up for next few gameweeks, especially if Villa Everton is fixed for GW28 and I already have 6 for GW29 before making any transfers.

I would consider Shaw instead of Stones or Cancelo. This will give you freedom to switch to KDB eventually or Sterling if they explode. Shaw is playing incredibly well and genuinely tries very hard as he has to play well to keep his place. takes corners and all indirect free kicks from the left side. Id even play Shaw instead of Watkins then btw. (rumour has it he MIGHT be injured but its a big rumour)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Don't sell Dallas if not gonna use him this week just bench him. He's a defender that more often then not is up front. His points potential in most games is always very good double or not.

yeah I think you're right. Its just I have 3 Leeds from the DGW so didnt want to be over reliant on them. But I cant see any better options than Dallas for the price so think I'll stick. Im playing BB this week so will get his points regardless.
    Id even play Shaw instead of Watkins then btw. (rumour has it he MIGHT be injured but its a big rumour)

Where is the Watkins injury rumour coming from? Hes the other player I was thinking of shifting given Grealishs absence

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who would we say is a better option until end of the season between Bamford and Raphina?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Morzadec wrote: »
    Would Holgate be the most nailed defender/best option for Everton after Digne? I fancied Keane but noticed he doesn't look totally nailed. The only match Holgate missed recently was the home game loss to Newcastle so seems Ancellotti trusts him as the main man at the back

Mina is out so I'd say Keane is nailed on to play. Back 4 would be coleman/Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

After days of procrastinating I've finally pulled the trigger on transfers.

Hit taken for Barnes & Kane in for Maddison & Ings.

The Maddison injury ended any vague notions I had of using BB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Happy with my 3 transfers this week for a -8 hit:

Maddison to Barnes
    Grealish to Lookman
    Decordova Reid to DCL

My team for DGW 26:

Martinez
    Shaw, Dias, Kilman
    Salah, Bruno, Barnes, Gundogan, Lookman
    DCL, Kane (TC)

Bench: Pope, Bamford, Dallas, Cresswell

Only thing I'm unsure about is whether to start Kilman(NEW,City) since he is a rotation risk or start Dallas(AVL) who's in amazing form at the moment and guaranteed to start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Going without Kane madness? My team looks **** with him in it....and I want to BB!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Am leaning towards option A myself, but there is a niggling thought to go with B.

A:
    Ings and Cavani > Vardy and DCL(with Son will have TOT/LEI/EVE for free)

B:
    Son, Ings and Cavani > Kane, DCL and Barnes, for a -4(will have TOT/LEI/EVE for -4).

Could B outscore A by 4, that's what's niggling at me - it's possible.

Anyone care to offer advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

F1ngers wrote: »
    Am leaning towards option A myself, but there is a niggling thought to go with B.

A:
    Ings and Cavani > Vardy and DCL(with Son will have TOT/LEI/EVE for free)

B:
    Son, Ings and Cavani > Kane, DCL and Barnes, for a -4(will have TOT/LEI/EVE for -4).

Could B outscore A by 4, that's what's niggling at me - it's possible.

Anyone care to offer advice?

The hit seems a little unnecessary maybe - selling Son before fairly decent DGW fixtures could be costly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Which of Leicester's Castagne (5.7) or Peireira (5.9) would be favoured for investment here?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Which of Leicester's Castagne (5.7) or Peireira (5.9) would be favoured for investment here?
    Pereira

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Pereira will be more advanced. I'm bringing him or Digne in for KWP

I knew the answer that but I'll have to take a hit as I'm 0.1 off him :pac:

But I feel obliged to remove Adams from my team... so any forward for 5.7 or less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I knew the answer that but I'll have to take a hit as I'm 0.1 off him

But I feel obliged to remove Adams from my team... so any forward for 5.7 or less?

Maja?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    The hit seems a little unnecessary maybe - selling Son before fairly decent DGW fixtures could be costly

Thanks, it's Son, DCL and Vardy or Kane, Barnes, DCL and a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Brought in Barnes and Schmeichel for Mendy and Grealish

Maja?

Ticks a lot of boxes actually

- DGW this week
    - Perfectly acceptable to bench in 27 and 28
    - Plays 29

Pretty sure I'll go for it. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might risk Aurier. Dump Mee. Be fun. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Periera way more craic surely. OOP delights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Going to go Ings and Cavani to Kane and Maja (-4) I think. Kane is a must and then I've 5.7 for a striker preferably with a game in 29

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Torn between stones (have Dias and gundogan) and pereira (Leicester). I reckon stones will probably play 3/5 games over the next 3 game weeks versus pereira probably playing 4. Still think there's a chance stones outscores him with 1 less game given the amount of CSs that city get? Will likely WC in GW30.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

-8 Grealish Mee & Bamford out

Kane (TC), Barnes & Strujk in.

Next decision... Start Raphina or Shaw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Coufal, Lowton, Rashford, A Barnes out

Reguilon, El Mohammedy, Barnes, Kane in

Advertisement