Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 DGW Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

PARlance wrote: »
    Looking for a 4.3m or under defender, how nailed on is Nat Philips now with Henderson out?

If you're looking for a short term punt then Elmohamady could be a good pick while Cash is out injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking for a 4.3m or under defender, how nailed on is Nat Philips now with Henderson out?

Cooper at Leeds, should have scored in the last two games but their fixtures aren't great. Burn at Brighton, probably not nailed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    Aina is 4.5. could be an alternative?

Not sure if Philips will play. Kabak will play and if he is fit, Fabinho will start. Not sure if he is fit though. If he is not fit, then Philips will probably play alright.

But a possible Liverpool CS is in even more jeopardy now if Alisson is missing for a prolonged period of time.

Was thinking he probably won't go back home for the funeral - travel to Brazil is banned so be just very difficult and like you say would miss a lot of gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Was thinking he probably won't go back home for the funeral - travel to Brazil is banned so be just very difficult and like you say would miss a lot of gametime.
    He can fly but would need to quarantine for 10 days on his arrival back to England. Probably the reason why Klopp didn't travel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thomas at Leicester perhaps? Played last week with Justin's injury.

Fair chance Perreira and Castagne playe tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thanks lads, you really helped clear that up by suggesting every option that had my head fried in the first place :)

Can some just tell me Phillips will play both games 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Thanks lads, you really helped clear that up by suggesting every option that had my head fried in the first place :)

Can some just tell me Phillips will play both games ��

Doubtful. Fabinho is back in full training and will probably slot straight back in at CB with Kabak. There's also Davies who Klopp might have a look at in the next couple of games though he's most likely to go with Fab and Kabak against Chelsea.

Can some just tell me Phillips will play both games ��

Unfortunately I don't have Klopp's phone number!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

ML is so tight that I don't want to take a hit, so should I go:

Son > KDB (or another recommended midfielder)

or

Vardy > Kane (although I like Vardy's fixtures).

All advice appreciated.

Have gone completely different and brought in Holgate for Holding. Bringing in Kane next week.

Everton have two decent fixtures, and it means I can bench Lowton and not adversely affect my team when he is up against Son and Vardy.

Sanchez (1 game)
    Holgate Cancelo Targett
    Raphinha (1G), Bruno, Son, Sterling
    DCL (capt), Vardy, Maja.
    McCarthy, ESR, Mitchell, Lowton.

Happy enough with the balance, notwithstanding the potential City rotation.

Still no closer to figuring out what to do for this GW, I have 13 DGW players as it stands, but no spurs coverage. Got to assume that Maddison is a doubt for the game at the weekend. I can do the below for -4.

Maddison, Werner and Bamford to
    Son, Kane and Brewster

Given that the cancellations over Covid seem to be over, and I've already played by BB, having Brewster shouldn't negatively affect me. It will also give me coverage for GW29. However I do still have my FH and WC, so not sure if I really need to plan ahead for GW29. Other options would be to keep Werner, he's turned a corner recently and although on paper Chelsea playing United and Pool doesn't sound easy - neither team is keeping much CS so should be plenty of chances for them. Downside of Werner is such low ownership if he blanks I'll be punished.

Ricky or DCL are other plausible transfers with decent games going forward.

All in all this GW is a bit of a head wreck and one that if your one the wrong side, your going to feel it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Unfortunately I don't have Klopp's phone number!

I don't think even Klopp knows himself who will play CB in any upcoming Liverpool game, given the constant injuries in the position this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone suggest a cheapie playing DEF for dgw?, will be using BB

Also thinking of bringing Coleman in, do we think he is nailed to start both games?

I'm thinking of getting Maitland Niles 4.6 playing midfield

The all important press conference times today.

https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1365214029627719685

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

2pm is the one I'm waiting for

Could do with some clarity on the Grealish situation before I decide whether to put Watkins in my wc team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

On a -4 already getting DCL and Martinez so I can BB but going to make 1 more change, any thoughts on the below?

A. Grealish to Barnes
    B. Cresswell to Pereira
    C. Holding to Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

looking to bench boost with .5 in the bank and willing to take a -8 but dont think i have to.

Nyland to Sam Johnstone

I want out Antonio out for a double GW striker and i think Maja off fulham. Two games this week and one in 29 is the plus.

Then in midfield Maddison (is he fit) Salah Bruno KDB and Raph - its not worth taken a -4 to take Raph out because i lose a game in 29.

what to do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭startrek56

i think i only have 2 players currently that will be playing in gameweek 29 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rikand wrote: »
    2pm is the one I'm waiting for

Same....I hope B-Rod is crystal clear on Maddison one way or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Probably:

Ings --> Kane
    Bamford --> Maja. For a -4 to fund Kane.

I'll start Maja too and keep him for GW29

Done. Now the captain conundrum.

• Advertisement

Could do with some clarity on the Grealish situation before I decide whether to put Watkins in my wc team.

There is tweet in the injury thread saying something about him being out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Same....I hope B-Rod is crystal clear on Maddison one way or the other

Ya if he's out he's out just bloody say!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Any thoughts on Serge Aurier at Spurs?

Mourinho is quoted as saying he thinks he'll be back for Burnley. Mou doesn't seem to fancy Doherty, flipping between him and Tanganga lately. Aurier gets really far forward when he plays. Has a fixture in 29 too.

It feels like a bit of a risk coming back from injury but he has a high ceiling.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Serge Aurier at Spurs?

Mourinho is quoted as saying he thinks he'll be back for Burnley. Mou doesn't seem to fancy Doherty, flipping between him and Tanganga lately. Aurier gets really far forward when he plays. Has a fixture in 29 too.

It feels like a bit of a risk coming back from injury but he has a high ceiling.

I was thinking of getting a spurs defender - two decent fixtures for CS, but who is guaranteed to play (other than Lloris?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’m tempted to get back into the Vardy Party. Although I’m not sure whether funds would be better spent on Madison or Barnes.

There is tweet in the injury thread saying something about him being out

Cheers, think I will go with him anyway. The carrot of an extra dgwk plus good fixtures over the next 6 weeks is probably enough to swing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Still undecided if to use the wildcard or not this week. If I knew the Villa Everton game was going to be in GW28 I'd pull the trigger now. Just finding it hard to justify using it as I had 11 DGW players now with no hits if Maddison is fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I was thinking of getting a spurs defender - two decent fixtures for CS, but who is guaranteed to play (other than Lloris?)

No one really.

Reguilon probably the safest, he's fully back from injury now and is just better than Davies particularly going forward. I think you could feel good about him, but he's 5.8, that bit too much for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Going to take a -4 to take out Coufal, Grealish and Wood.

Would you prefer Shaw, Son and DCL or Digne, Pereira and Kane? I’d probably captain either DCL or Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Benimar wrote:
    Would you prefer Shaw, Son and DCL or Digne, Pereira and Kane? I’d probably captain either DCL or Kane.

Probably the first but maybe thats because I already own them all! :)

Advertisement