Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 DGW Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    One positive thing about Leicester drawing 0-0 in the first game is that if Maddison is anyway fit he'll play some part in that game, which will help us who have him decide what to do.

If he's fit and based on his form, i don't see much sense transferring him out - even for Son, and especially if involves a hit.

Do you prefer him to Barnes? I have Barnes in wc team currently but do like Maddison too. He always seems to pick up niggly injuries though.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Martinez (Johnstone)

Stones, Lowton, Bailey (Mitchell, Coufal)
    Bruno Rashford Gundog Son Raphinha
    DCL Watkins (A Barnes)

What do to with this team? Had previously planned Rashford to Barnes and A Barnes to Kane but doubting that now. 3.2m ITB

Back line and A Barnes the main issues

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do you prefer him to Barnes? I have Barnes in wc team currently but do like Maddison too. He always seems to pick up niggly injuries though.

I've had Maddison for weeks now, it's not really preferring one over the other - it's just a waste of transfer to move to the other. Maddison is on more dead ball situations. All in all i think it's really a coin flip as to who to go for when both fit.

It would make very little sense for me to use a FT to move to Barnes if both are fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

For people holding on to the wildcard, is there a clear week to use it in the future or is it more wait and see how things develop?

I was originally going to use it this week but I'm happy enough with my team so might as well hold off I think. Maybe gameweek 30 during the international break is my latest thought. Set up for the run in then with an eye on form and injuries at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

I'm doing Justin (I know but I had other priorities in the last couple of weeks and didn't want the hit) to someone. I've got Grealish and will wait until later in the week to see how he is. If he is confirmed out then I'll take a hit for Barnes. That would give me 11 DGW players starting

That will leave me with McCarthy, Bamford, Dallas and Ings on my bench. I'm holding my wildcard as there is still too long to go in the season and I think I'll play it around 30/31 to set up for the run in. But I think I might bench boost as those 4 should all play AND when else am I going to play it. Plus getting rid of it means I can probably downgrade a defender to someone like Mitchell and still have two playing outfield subs to cover for Covid etc. Up to now I've not done that because the temptation of the BB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Current panel

Mendy (McCarthy)
    Stones/Concelo/McGuire - (Coufal/Mee)
    Salah/Son/Fernandes/Gundo/Maddison
    Ings/Bamford (Antonio)

I've 2FT; FH; WC; TC left

I was 99% sure I'd play WC. But now from the wise advise above I'm thinking of using the 2FT's to
    A. Mee to Targett (or similiar) & Ings or Antonio to DCL (4-5-1)
    B. Ings to DCL & Antonio to Watkins (3-5-2) - if Grelish is back.
    and possibly playing TC this week?

If I was to WC I'd change Mendy, Salah, Son, Ings, Antonio.
    I want Kane in but as suggested risky week for the TC on him?

Stick and use TC or WC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

2 FTs, Ings out with one of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mr Mister

I’ve a bit of a conundrum and hoping for some help please....

Martinez (McCarthy)
    Dias Stones AWB (Cresswell Dallas)
    Fernandes Maddison Salah Gundo Grealish
    DCL Bamford (Antonio)

2.6 ITB

Thinking of the below for a -4...
    Grealish & Antonio -> Lookman & Kane
    Grealish & Antonio -> Son & Watkins

Any thoughts on the better option? Spurs could be a trap but just don’t want to get caught out without either Son or Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mr Mister wrote: »
    I’ve a bit of a conundrum and hoping for some help please....

Martinez (McCarthy)
    Dias Stones AWB (Cresswell Dallas)
    Fernandes Maddison Salah Gundo Grealish
    DCL Bamford (Antonio)

2.6 ITB

Thinking of the below for a -4...
    Grealish & Antonio -> Lookman & Kane
    Grealish & Antonio -> Son & Watkins

Any thoughts on the better option? Spurs could be a trap but just don’t want to get caught out without either Son or Kane

The first one for me. Grealish is a huge loss for Villa and they are not the same team without him so chances could be few and far between for Watkins.

I also think Lookman is one of the better differential picks this GW and very good value for 5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Burnley don't really concede and Fulham are turning a corner. Is kane or son smart?

• Advertisement

but1er wrote: »
    Burnley don't really concede and Fulham are turning a corner. Is kane or son smart?

That's been my line of thinking all week, Son's ownership though means that whoever you have instead needs to be able to match any potential explosiveness which is a big worry

• Registered Users Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    That's been my line of thinking all week, Son's ownership though means that whoever you have instead needs to be able to match any potential explosiveness which is a big worry

I think it’s a keep whoever you have and leave it at that, probably an idea to have 1 of them considering they tend to share goal contributions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

CSF wrote: »
    I think it’s a keep whoever you have and leave it at that, probably an idea to have 1 of them considering they tend to share goal contributions

Will salah Bruno kdb score more in this double game week? Stressful few days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm almost locked into no Spurs.....almost.

Bruno is my man for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Conundrum for me. General happy with my panel:

Sanchez McCarthy
    Lowton Cancelo Targett Holding Mitchell
    Bruno,Raphinha, Son, Sterling, ESR
    Vardy DCL Maja.

I like the look of DCL's fixtures, and am contemplating doing Son to KDB. But am wary of Kane scoring big so considering Vardy>Kane.

Any other ideas?

Conundrum for me. General happy with my panel:

Sanchez McCarthy
    Lowton Cancelo Targett Holding Mitchell
    Bruno,Raphinha, Son, Sterling, ESR
    Vardy DCL Maja.

I like the look of DCL's fixtures, and am contemplating doing Son to KDB. But am wary of Kane scoring big so considering Vardy>Kane.

Any other ideas?

Guessing you’re not intending to BB right?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭thefa

What kind of hit value do people give a wildcard?

I can take a -8 and have 10 DGW players or go down the route of a wildcard but only need two transfers above the hit to bring me to 11 DGW and avoid having to make a transfer next week. Free hit already used.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

I think as a Son owner you’d feel unlucky if he played less than 180 mins. As a KDB owner you’d be lucky if he played more than 120 mins.

So think of it as a 50% extra free deal!

Same goes for a lot of City players in my opinion. Pep will be targeting the Champions league and derby matches. These two home games squeezed in between are ripe for rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Jesper wrote: »
    Current panel

Mendy (McCarthy)
    Stones/Concelo/McGuire - (Coufal/Mee)
    Salah/Son/Fernandes/Gundo/Maddison
    Ings/Bamford (Antonio)

I've 2FT; FH; WC; TC left

I was 99% sure I'd play WC. But now from the wise advise above I'm thinking of using the 2FT's to
    A. Mee to Targett (or similiar) & Ings or Antonio to DCL (4-5-1)
    B. Ings to DCL & Antonio to Watkins (3-5-2) - if Grelish is back.
    and possibly playing TC this week?

If I was to WC I'd change Mendy, Salah, Son, Ings, Antonio.
    I want Kane in but as suggested risky week for the TC on him?

Stick and use TC or WC?

No point wildcarding with 10 doubles. Assuming FH in 29, id personally look at Ings to DCL for sure. Not much point though until Thursdays fixtures are over, 1 pulled hammy for a heavily owned player and the whole equation changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I think I'll ship Ings this week having only brought him in for a hit last week. Will bring in either Kane or DCL as replacement which will give me 11 DGW players assuming Maddison recovers OK.

Was planning to keep Ings for his DGW next week but as one is against Man City and with him not starting tonight I don't think he's worth holding for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Am I mental for wanting Salah over Bruno to accomadate Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Am I mental for wanting Salah over Bruno to accomadate Kane?

Personally, I couldn’t have Salah over Bruno at the moment.

JPup wrote: »
    I think as a Son owner you’d feel unlucky if he played less than 180 mins. As a KDB owner you’d be lucky if he played more than 120 mins.

So think of it as a 50% extra free deal!

Same goes for a lot of City players in my opinion. Pep will be targeting the Champions league and derby matches. These two home games squeezed in between are ripe for rotation.

Only thing is though, if West Ham pulled a surprise win the gap could be 4 points within 2 GW's, so Pep will want to avoid that

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

daithijjj wrote: »
    No point wildcarding with 10 doubles. Assuming FH in 29, id personally look at Ings to DCL for sure. Not much point though until Thursdays fixtures are over, 1 pulled hammy for a heavily owned player and the whole equation changes.

I pulled the trigger on Ings to DCL. There was going to be price changes in both directions. I can still get in L Dinge or Targett or move Madisson if required.

I've also had the crazy feeling of TC DCL. I'm an Everton fan so I'll find it fun and I'm only just inside 200k and need to make ground on ML leader who is inside 30k.
    TC of Gundo seems a bit risky with the schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Jesper wrote: »
    I pulled the trigger on Ings to DCL. There was going to be price changes in both directions. I can still get in L Dinge or Targett or move Madisson if required.

I've also had the crazy feeling of TC DCL. I'm an Everton fan so I'll find it fun and I'm only just inside 200k and need to make ground on ML leader who is inside 30k.
    TC of Gundo seems a bit risky with the schedule.

I might tc dcl myself. Its not the worst idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Playing the WC this week as although my team had a number of DWGers, I wasn't totally happy with it. Been stuck around the 100k mark for the last number of weeks so change might be good to start climbing again.

Existing team is:
    Martinez (Button)

Lowton, Cancelo, Stones
    (Coufal, Struijk)

Sterling, Salah, Fernandes, Raphinha, Grealish

Ings, Bamford (Brewster)

I fear the 3 City players will get rotated for their nice fixtures and going for some more nailed. Grealish an issue as is Ings and otherwise defence looks a bit of a mess.

All but settled on:

Ederson (Sanchez)

Pereira, Dias, Shaw (Struijk, Mitchell)

Gundogan, Salah, Barnes, Fernandes, Raphinha

DCL, Kane
    (Vyrda)

I'll only have 10 DGWers but I think Raphinha versus IMO, a weaker Villa team without Grealish could get more points than any other MF I'm looking at.

Plan will be to BB in the weeks later and eventually get rid of Sanchez as 2nd keeper.

Anything glaringly obvious I am missing or someone punty anyone fancies for the DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Probably playing the wildcard to build on gains over the last while. Currently on:

Martinez (4.5 keeper)
    Konsa Dallas Cancelo Digne Dias
    Gundogan Bruno Salah Barnes Raphinha
    Bamford DCL Kane

Would have 6 for week 29 with that squad but 11 for the upcoming week. Not sure about double Villa. Any feedback would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Guessing you’re not intending to BB right?

Not yet but will use it shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Playing the WC this week as although my team had a number of DWGers, I wasn't totally happy with it. Been stuck around the 100k mark for the last number of weeks so change might be good to start climbing again.

Existing team is:
    Martinez (Button)

Lowton, Cancelo, Stones
    (Coufal, Struijk)

Sterling, Salah, Fernandes, Raphinha, Grealish

Ings, Bamford (Brewster)

I fear the 3 City players will get rotated for their nice fixtures and going for some more nailed. Grealish an issue as is Ings and otherwise defence looks a bit of a mess.

All but settled on:

Ederson (Sanchez)

Pereira, Dias, Shaw (Struijk, Mitchell)

Gundogan, Salah, Barnes, Fernandes, Raphinha

DCL, Kane
    (Vyrda)

I'll only have 10 DGWers but I think Raphinha versus IMO, a weaker Villa team without Grealish could get more points than any other MF I'm looking at.

Plan will be to BB in the weeks later and eventually get rid of Sanchez as 2nd keeper.

Anything glaringly obvious I am missing or someone punty anyone fancies for the DGW?

Team is pretty good, I am going for 11 DGW players on my wildcard and trying to negotiate gameweek 29 in the upcoming weeks as I don't have my free hit left. I would put Shaw in but United have a habit of letting in goals when you don't expect to them too!

Advertisement