Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 DGW Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He actually has 2 goals this season, so must have some attacking threat.

I've actually being thinking of starting Aerola ahead of Mendy for this GW, as they have tighten up a fair bit

Green&Red was referring to Lowton with that comment not Aina.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

FHFC wrote: »
    Than Shaw? He absolutely doesn't!!

Shaw's attacking stats are nuts and he's been very unlucky not to see a lot more returns.

Edit. I see Fr Hernandez already covered this. :)

yeah thats why I was asking the question. Ive only seen Utd for a full 90 twice this season so was going by their points
    Bissaka 97, Shaw 71
    Last 5 games Bissaka 33, Shaw 26
    Shaw has missed 4 games, Bissaka has missed 2
    Unlikely Shaw would have gotten 26 more points had he played a further 2 games
    But I defer to others who watch them every week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gonna have to take another hit to move on maddison now. Raging

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah thats why I was asking the question. Ive only seen Utd for a full 90 twice this season so was going by their points
    Bissaka 97, Shaw 71
    Last 5 games Bissaka 33, Shaw 26
    Shaw has missed 4 games, Bissaka has missed 2
    Unlikely Shaw would have gotten 26 more points had he played a further 2 games
    But I defer to others who watch them every week

Shaw is way more attacking and an awful lot better at attacking than AWB. United also attack down the left hand side and Shaw and Rashford have struck up a good understanding.

However, this one sidedness leaves a lot of room for AWB on the right and he has benefited from this of late.

So on an ability or attacking sense, Shaw is miles ahead but I wouldn't completely dismiss AWB. AWB has a very low risk of rotation, United don't really have cover for him. Shaw has been having a great season but Telles is looked on as someone who is trusted at this stage so there's a higher chance of rotation.

I'd still pick Shaw, definitely at 0.5 less, but it would be a close call.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Green&Red wrote: »
    Thoughts on the following two independent moves

I’m dead ending in GW29 so have an eye on the next four GWs

Rashford -> Son for a -4
    Pros: Game in 29, better fixtures this week and the following two. Rashford can be hit or miss.
    Cons: United have Palace

Lowton -> Aina for a -4
    Pros: game in 29, think Fulham could get a CS v Palace
    Cons: Very few, Burnley unlikely to keep a CS, no attacking threat, already got his goal

Cheers

I have a similar dilemma. I have both but very much want to get Kane. The only way of affording this is downgrading Rashford/Son to Barnes.

Which should be done? Kane would be replacing A Barnes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    I have a similar dilemma. I have both but very much want to get Kane. The only way of affording this is downgrading Rashford/Son to Barnes.

Which should be done? Kane would be replacing A Barnes.

I think Rashford & Barnes -> Barnes & Kane is a no brainer. Could be a 20 point swing there

In addition to those moves I’m definitely doing
    Grealish & Ings -> Smith Rowe & Kane

Bank is in the toilet, would prefer Saka but can’t reach him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Just took a -8 to do
    Robbo > Aina
    Grealish > Barnes
    Ings > Kane

So have 13 Dgws with Bamford and meslier for BB & 7 starters for 29 (will cost me -4 to get to 11)

Team is
    Pope (Meslier)
    Cancelo Dias Lowton (Konsa, Aina)
    Bruno Son Gundo Barnes Lookman
    DCL Kane (Bamford)

Out
    Salah
    Grealish
    Brewster

In
    Kane
    Gundogan
    Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Am I Mad going without Son and Kane?

I have

Raphinha, Salah, Bruno, Sterling, Gundog

Antonio, DCL, Bamford

Like I already made transfer to get DCL in and have 2.7 ITB.

This season has been so much about "ohh lets get him in case he does really well" and it never really materialised for me. Like premium picks apart from Bruno rarely returned, and Son is having like the worst patch of run for a long time. Kane did look sharp v West Ham but like Burnley will likely park the bus while Fulham may very well give Spurs a game as they are fighting for survival...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Am I Mad going without Son and Kane?

I have

Raphinha, Salah, Bruno, Sterling, Gundog

Antonio, DCL, Bamford

Like I already made transfer to get DCL in and have 2.7 ITB.

This season has been so much about "ohh lets get him in case he does really well" and it never really materialised for me. Like premium picks apart from Bruno rarely returned, and Son is having like the worst patch of run for a long time. Kane did look sharp v West Ham but like Burnley will likely park the bus while Fulham may very well give Spurs a game as they are fighting for survival...

I'm going with Kane, not Son and for kind of the reasons you've mentioned "in case he does well."

Son's ownership is pretty big, not sure of EO in top 1 million and feel if Spurs do well this weekend it'll be more likely to be Kane rather than Son.

Burnley and Fulham will give them a game and will be close IMO, easier to knick a goal through a penalty from Kane.

Even if Son does have an involvement, great chance it'll be Kane assisting him.

That said, Spurs are in woeful form so you could argue for neither player to transfer in but the tide has to turn at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Unlikely to have anything concrete on Maddison by the deadline so think I'll move him on but only have 6.1 to spare as getting Kane in for Barnes. Any thoughts? Possibly Traore from Villa, not much in that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

bantee wrote: »
    Unlikely to have anything concrete on Maddison by the deadline so think I'll move him on but only have 6.1 to spare as getting Kane in for Barnes. Any thoughts? Possibly Traore from Villa, not much in that price range.

Lookman could be worth a punt and plays in GW29.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fitz* wrote: »
    This makes Maddison's injury sound a bit more serious than just missing the midweek game.

The obvious transfer is to bring in Barnes, but I already had plans to bring in Pereira for Mee. 2 starts for Periera covers the -4 but I'd nearly rather not have to take hits.

https://twitter.com/ColmVHayes/status/1364580808116297728?s=19

I like the Periera pick as he was playing right wing, I'm considering getting him in for -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Going against my values of never taking a -4 hit unless i absolutely have to with no subs coming in etc...but took a -4 for maddison to barnes....even with bamford on the bench....defiantly gonna be kicking myself over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

bantee wrote: »

I'm going with M Pereira from WBA. Decent fixtures and can easily swap for a GW 29 player when the time comes, enables me to get kane as well.

Neto is a consideration too but slightly above price range for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Probably:

Ings --> Kane
    Bamford --> Maja. For a -4 to fund Kane.

I'll start Maja too and keep him for GW29

I'd love Barnes especially with both GunDog and Foden currently in my midfield but I'm 0.1 short for a Foden swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Have Dias, Cancelo and Gundogan. I fear some rotation will be inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just done Ings to Kane and Grealish to Pereira.

Once united game over tonight I'll do cresswell to Shaw for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bla.bla.b

Rookie to FPL here and am planning to take a -12 on below

Out: Meslier / Coufal / Cresswell / Lacazette

In: Loris / Pereira / Aina / Kane

13 DGW players with Raphina and Bamford on a single. Will play BB. Crazy plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

bla.bla.b wrote: »

I wouldnt transfer out meslier. Villa might not even score without Grealish.

Other 3 transfers look very good.

PS Spurs are woeful at the back so I would forget about any defenders from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Keep in mind GW 29 you are transferring out 4 players that are playing in the blank GW

Edit - Granted you are transferring in 3 players that are playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Soucek to Barnes
    Wilson to Kane

Considering using bench boost despite only having one DGW player benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody considering Mahrez? He's had an upshot in form and more importantly he has started 4 of the last 5. He was rested last night so should be good to go for Saturday and possibly Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

ML is so tight that I don't want to take a hit, so should I go:

Son > KDB (or another recommended midfielder)

or

Vardy > Kane (although I like Vardy's fixtures).

All advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Anyone suggest a cheapie playing DEF for dgw?, will be using BB

Also thinking of bringing Coleman in, do we think he is nailed to start both games?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Anyone suggest a cheapie playing DEF for dgw?, will be using BB

Also thinking of bringing Coleman in, do we think he is nailed to start both games?

Defo not nailed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looking for a 4.3m or under defender, how nailed on is Nat Philips now with Henderson out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

PARlance wrote: »
    Looking for a 4.3m or under defender, how nailed on is Nat Philips now with Henderson out?

Struijk or Mitchell prob the best bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Aina is 4.5. could be an alternative?

Not sure if Philips will play. Kabak will play and if he is fit, Fabinho will start. Not sure if he is fit though. If he is not fit, then Philips will probably play alright.

But a possible Liverpool CS is in even more jeopardy now if Alisson is missing for a prolonged period of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

bla.bla.b wrote: »

I like the look of all four. Three of them play in 29 also which helps lessen the -12

Advertisement