Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 DGW Transfer Thread

Options
  • 22-02-2021 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

So we’ve a double gameweek which people could not prepare properly for as the fixtures were not announced until after the previous GW deadline, surely a first for FPL!

Despite this plenty wildcarded with a view to bench boosting. My conundrum is as follows:

I have Salah, Sterling, Gund, Bruno & Raphina. One of my three premiums needs downgrading, probably to Barnes so that I can upgrade Antonio to Kane, who I intend to TC.

In my mind I had decided Bruno out but the man will absolutely kill me in rank if I sell. He keeps returning and it’s actually senseless for me to get rid.

So that leaves me with Mo/Sterling. I don’t care what anybody says but selling Salah before Sheff United away, Chelsea & Fulham at home does not seem like the move to be making. I know what people will say but the more people that sell the better because having Mo as differential is a good position to be in. That leaves Sterling who I think the axe will fall on. I just feel Pep is going to rotate and it’s risky business especially as I have Gundog already. But selling Sterling before 2 home games in a gameweek doesn’t seem right either!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So we’ve a double gameweek which people could not prepare properly for as the fixtures were not announced until after the previous GW deadline, surely a first for FPL!

Despite this plenty wildcarded with a view to bench boosting. My conundrum is as follows:

I have Salah, Sterling, Gund, Bruno & Raphina. One of my three premiums needs downgrading, probably to Barnes so that I can upgrade Antonio to Kane, who I intend to TC.

In my mind I had decided Bruno out but the man will absolutely kill me in rank if I sell. He keeps returning and it’s actually senseless for me to get rid.

So that leaves me with Mo/Sterling. I don’t care what anybody says but selling Salah before Sheff United away, Chelsea & Fulham at home does not seem like the move to be making. I know what people will say but the more people that sell the better because having Mo as differential is a good position to be in. That leaves Sterling who I think the axe will fall on. I just feel Pep is going to rotate and it’s risky business especially as I have Gundog already. But selling Sterling before 2 home games in a gameweek doesn’t seem right either!!

Bruno/Salah could go and score 2/3 goals a game or get soft penalties - Sterling doesn't give this - despite all his chances this season, he has never scored more than 1 goal in a game in the league. Yes he could go mad and score bucket load in next two games, but equally he could be benched. Bruno/Salah aren't getting benched. So if your set on selling I think it has to be Sterling.

However having said all that, I don't see why your set on Kane as TC. Burnley aren't a team leaking goals, in fact they seem to remembered how to defend in last few games. Equally Fulham have 3 CS in last 4 games, they have given themselves a great shot of staying up - so Parker will want to ensure that they don't get hammer as goal difference could be big come end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Grealish out for Barnes.

Looking at -8 then Bamford & Mee to Kane & fodder, only going with this if captaining Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Grealish is a quandary alright. What to do? £0.5 itb. Barnes seems to be the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

worth -8 to use BB? Will likely sell Grealish/Holding anyways and then could get MArtinez in as my 2nd playing GK for -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

McCarthy, Grealish, Bamford to Martinez, Elneni (sp), Kane. Will have to act quick, it loves nothing in the bank.

FH in 29 so not concerned losing Leeds players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pope and Mee on bench this week. Fixtures aren't great but would love to get rid of bb so I don't have to waste money on bench when I wc. Coufal and Brewster being the other two subs isn't ideal though and I'd rather focus my transfers on first XI.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Atm im thinking Antonio to Calvert Lewin once again! That will leave me with ten doubles starting.

I'll decide after the next two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is getting rid of Sterling, in order to strengthen my team for BB, madness?

My plan would be below, for -8:

Sterling > Barnes
    Brewster > DCL
    Coufal > Dias

Gives me 11 DGWr's (12 if Mitchel plays). Plus my other two single GW players are Dallas and Bamford who I'm happy to keep and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Grealish to Son or a Leicester mid. Problem with the latter is going backwards for 29 though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Never thought Id say this but Is anyone considering Jesse Lingard? He's in great form, 3 goals and an assist in his four games for West Ham, 34 points total. They've Man City next but after that he might be worth a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is getting rid of Sterling, in order to strengthen my team for BB, madness?

My plan would be below, for -8:

Sterling > Barnes
    Brewster > DCL
    Coufal > Dias

Gives me 11 DGWr's (12 if Mitchel plays). Plus my other two single GW players are Dallas and Bamford who I'm happy to keep and play.

No it's exactly what I'm planning. I think he'll be rotated and while he's returning consistently he's not putting up scores that will punish you. You're getting Dias in as further City cover and he's got a better chance of starting all 4 og the doubles, or surely at least 3. Funds are tight now (especially for those of us planning to use the BB) and with City rotating a lot i do think the likes of Foden or an extra defender represent better value over the two doubles than Sterling.

Fwiw I'm likely to do:

Sterling, Brewster, Coufal out for Barnes, Kane and Konsa.

So similar plan to you.

Didn't want to resurrect the wildcard thread. Just doing a few drafts and considering bb in 27

Martinez
    Digne Pereira Dias
    Bruno Salah Barnes Gundo
    Kane DCL Watkins

McCarthy Dgwk 27
    Pereira Newc (H)
    Konsa Wolves (H)
    Rudiger Everton (H)

Any thoughts? Not sure about holding on to the wc much longer. Have FH so will likely use it in 29. Only issue would be not being able to use tc this week or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Grealish to Barnes
    Ings to Kane

Debating a BB with Raphina, Bamford, Dallas and McCarthy, though seems a bad idea. Just want rid of it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 32,857 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Never thought Id say this but Is anyone considering Jesse Lingard? He's in great form, 3 goals and an assist in his four games for West Ham, 34 points total. They've Man City next but after that he might be worth a look

After Man City they’ve Leeds but then Man United and Arsenal. He arrived on the wrong side of those fixtures for FPL purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gone for Soucek out for Bertrand Traore of Aston Villa. He looked to be fairly attacking when I've seen him play and just scored last weekend. He has Leeds and Sheffield to play this week and he's also another player with a game in 29 so I will probably hold him until then anyway. Soucek makes way because of having some tough fixtures. Only two in my squad now with just the one game this week but one of the double game week players is Mitchell who is being rotated a lot so I think the move gets me a better chance of having 11 with two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had set for a -8 BB with Aina and Mee as my only DGW players on the bench (with Bamford and Meslier), so have reevaluated and gone for the Wildcard and will BB later.

Martinez (Meslier)
    Digne Cancelo Regulion (Aina, Dallas)
    KDB Son Bruno Gundog Son
    DCL Watkins (Bamford)

Even typing it out it sounds a bit bland, but it's 11 with tasty DGW fixtures, 7 with games in 29, and a decent squad to BB in GW30 if I make it that far. 1m left in the bank too for Grealish to come back in for Barnes if needed.

CSF wrote: »
    After Man City they’ve Leeds but then Man United and Arsenal. He arrived on the wrong side of those fixtures for FPL purposes.

Lingard can't play V United in 2 weeks too

Didn't want to resurrect the wildcard thread. Just doing a few drafts and considering bb in 27

Martinez
    Digne Pereira Dias
    Bruno Salah Barnes Gundo
    Kane DCL Watkins

McCarthy Dgwk 27
    Pereira Newc (H)
    Konsa Wolves (H)
    Rudiger Everton (H)

Any thoughts? Not sure about holding on to the wc much longer. Have FH so will likely use it in 29. Only issue would be not being able to use tc this week or next.
    Just posted my own team before I read yours, very similar, but do like Pereira too.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Had set for a -8 BB with Aina and Mee as my only DGW players on the bench (with Bamford and Meslier), so have reevaluated and gone for the Wildcard and will BB later.

Martinez (Meslier)
    KDB Son Bruno Gundog Son
    DCL Watkins (Bamford)

Even typing it out it sounds a bit bland, but it's 11 with tasty DGW fixtures, 7 with games in 29, and a decent squad to BB in GW30 if I make it that far. 1m left in the bank too for Grealish to come back in for Barnes if needed.

Do you have a bit too much Son in that team?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Just posted my own team before I read yours, very similar, but do like Pereira too.

Yeah I've the two Pereiras! Would be tempted to play the West Brom one ahead of Watkins this week if Grealish is out. Just to have a bit of a differential. Kane over Son and Salah over KDB are the main differences I think but I'd probably do Salah to KDB in 27 depending on how he gets on in the double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah and maybe Lingard isnt allowed to play v United given they loaned him to West Ham?

His fixtures do turn a bit alright which is a pity given his blistering form, which no one would have predicted. Ive a feeling he will outscore Ollie Watkins who I own but will leave it a few weeks at least before considering moving.

macraignil wrote: »
    Gone for Soucek out for Bertrand Traore of Aston Villa. He looked to be fairly attacking when I've seen him play and just scored last weekend. He has Leeds and Sheffield to play this week and he's also another player with a game in 29 so I will probably hold him until then anyway. Soucek makes way because of having some tough fixtures. Only two in my squad now with just the one game this week but one of the double game week players is Mitchell who is being rotated a lot so I think the move gets me a better chance of having 11 with two games.
    Not 100% convinced he will start both games. I love Trezeguet on the right. The only thing though is that he might play on the left if they decide not to play El Ghazi there.

Not 100% convinced he will start both games. I love Trezeguet on the right. The only thing though is that he might play on the left if they decide not to play El Ghazi there.

Hoping his recent goal will help Traore get to play more but I suppose it is a risk alright. Did not see much from Trezeguet when he came on in the last game to make me think he would push Traore out of the starting team but I suppose he is more of an established player at the club. I liked the work rate and ability to keep the ball that Traore showed and he was the furthest forward Villa player at times so I'm thinking he's worth a run in my squad anyway.

Hoping his recent goal will help Traore get to play more but I suppose it is a risk alright. Did not see much from Trezeguet when he came on in the last game to make me think he would push Traore out of the starting team but I suppose he is more of an established player at the club. I liked the work rate and ability to keep the ball that Traore showed and he was the furthest forward Villa player at times so I'm thinking he's worth a run in my squad anyway.

Trezeguet is poor on the left, but very solid on the right (much less of a FPL option than Traore) and makes me feel more comfortable about having Elmohamady at RB. Traore not so worried about what is going on behind him which is obviously the reason you want him in the first place. I see him being on some more set pieces now with Grealish out though so swings and roundabouts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

On -8. Tempted to hold on to my Wildcard.
    Martinez
    Dias, Cancelo,Mee,Shaw
    Raphina, Salah, Bruno,
    Bamford, Kane, DCL
    Forster, Ayling, JWP, Grealish
    9DGW could treble captain Bruno or Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Would have planned to remove Dallas for a DGW defender, but with Grealish gone im gonna move him for Son, still giving me 11 DGW players, but would rather have mee on the bench, still, not taking a -4 hit on it.

Martinez
    Stones - Dias - AWB - Mee
    Son - Maddison - Salah - Gundogan - Bruno
    Watkins

Areola - Bamford - Dallas - Antonio

Do you have a bit too much Son in that team?

Thanks

Martinez (Meslier)
    KDB Barnes Bruno Gundog Son
    DCL Watkins (Bamford)

I’ve done a very rare thing and done my transfers early to avoid being priced out of them (I would be, not really much maybe about it).

I’ve done very well out of my ultra safe approach so naturally I am bricking it that news is going to destroy everything and I’ll have to wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

BB is my plan.
    Small issues I have are serious value in bamford and Cresswell. I really want to be sure that I don't want them back if I sell as I won't be able to afford it easily.

Initial plan though, was cresswell and Dallas to maybe Shaw and Pereira / cheap defender doubling. And do Ings to Kane or DCL. I just can't decide between them. My gut says kane may struggle in these 2 games where as DCL has looked good. But will DCL play.

Then grealish got injured. So now it is going to be Dallas or cresswell out for Shaw, grealish to someone a small bit cheaper or else upgrade to Son and Ings to either DCL or Kane.

Anyone any other thoughs? I am hoping to wait till later in week to do it. It would leave me with a bench boost of McCarthy, cresswell, bamford and probably Shaw. Not ideal but with 12 doublers it's my best chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

One positive thing about Leicester drawing 0-0 in the first game is that if Maddison is anyway fit he'll play some part in that game, which will help us who have him decide what to do.

If he's fit and based on his form, i don't see much sense transferring him out - even for Son, and especially if involves a hit.

Advertisement