Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

The flock of sheep worshipping connors feet will pay

The flock of sheep worshipping connors feet will pay

Pay who? I always need to find a dodgy stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Pay who? I always need to find a dodgy stream.

@danawhite he's here

dave1982 wrote: »
    @danawhite he's here

We got him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

xtal191 wrote: »

I'm happy to see McGregor fighting again so soon (obviously still not guaranteed) but FFS have these guys fighting someone else first. Have the re-re-match after a few more fights if you insist on having it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'm happy to see McGregor fighting again so soon (obviously still not guaranteed) but FFS have these guys fighting someone else first. Have the re-re-match after a few more fights if you insist on having it.

100%, is getting knocked out by Poirier after a round and a half, gonna knock off the “ring rust” and improve him enough to win a rematch?? Very doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Do the fans want this re-match?

Do fans even want Conor and Pac man?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cloudatlas wrote: »

Definitely not pac man , cringe even hearing it mentioned

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cloudatlas wrote: »

This rematch, maybe at some stage but not now. Pacman, nope, not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

Conor lost because it just wasn't the right time to win rn, Conor will beat Dustin then Khabib will come back and Conor will get revenge, then he'll defend against Dustin and Tony and go on to take on the winner of Usman and Burns to do the double again.

• Advertisement

Conor lost because it just wasn't the right time to win rn, Conor will beat Dustin then Khabib will come back and Conor will get revenge, then he'll defend against Dustin and Tony and go on to take on the winner of Usman and Burns to do the double again.

I'm going to award this a 6/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

The thing that baffles me is how did John Kavanagh not stop Conor and say "Look the way you are doing this boxing stance, we are going to be get dismantled exactly like how we dismantled Diaz in the 2nd fight"?

They were at odds about the game plan for the Khabib fight and that they were beaten by the most obvious strategy in this fight, maybe better if McGregor went and worked with someone who would actually tell him exactly what to do?

crybaby wrote: »
    The thing that baffles me is how did John Kavanagh not stop Conor and say "Look the way you are doing this boxing stance, we are going to be get dismantled exactly like how we dismantled Diaz in the 2nd fight"?

They were at odds about the game plan for the Khabib fight and that they were beaten by the most obvious strategy in this fight, maybe better if McGregor went and worked with someone who would actually tell him exactly what to do?

Maybe the problem is Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Maybe the problem is Conor.

Exactly, I think Conor feels so badly burnt on the advice he took in preparation for the Khabib fight that he took it apon himself to train for the Dustin fight the way he wanted to, while taking into account a fight with Manny later in the year. The result is he underestimated Dustin and we all know what happened then.

The man who chases two rabbits catches none. Focus on boxing or MMA, but you can't do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

crybaby wrote: »

Because Conor is surrounded by yes men. He needs to move to a team in America

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Because Conor is surrounded by yes men. He needs to move to a team in America

Where ? Which teams does he move to that will improve him at this stage ?
    Which team does he not have a direct rival at ?
    IV heard people say Tri Star but they haven't really had much success bar GSP .

Conor is 32 year old with 3kids and more importantly a millionaire ore than a few times over, he seems to be loving his life floating around on yachts in the med ,

Not sure he would be arsed moving somewhere the states to be training full time and grinding day in day ,Them days are well and truly gone ,

Conor has achieved what there all still chasing and thats the cash ,no ones interested in the title anymore its just the money fights,

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Maybe I'm wrong here but given the amount of money/prestige Conor would bring with his clientele, would most new training gyms who want to work with Conor not also turn into yes men, in order to keep him onside?

I imagine the ones who would be prepared to treat him like every other fighter would also not touch him with a bargepole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The mental gymnastics in this thread. McG only lost because (insert excuse).

He lost because Dustin dustin is better pretty simple really.

McG doesn't need people to come up with excuses he is perfectly capable of making up his own excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

JJayoo wrote: »
    The mental gymnastics in this thread. McG only lost because (insert excuse).

He lost because Dustin dustin is better pretty simple really.

McG doesn't need people to come up with excuses he is perfectly capable of making up his own excuses

So there's no way he could possibly beat him in a rematch? MMA doesn't work like that.
    Cormier beat Stipe because he's better?
    Stipe beat Cormier because he's better?
    I don't see many people 'making excuses'. People are discussing the fight. It's an MMA forum. What else should they be discussing? I don't see anyone saying McGregor deserved to win. Poirier won fair and square. Better man on the night. Who knows what happens in a rematch?
    I don't even think there should be an immediate rematch FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

JJayoo wrote:
    McGregor said he was beaten fair and square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

eagle eye wrote: »
    McGregor said he was beaten fair and square.

"I was beaten fair and square, no excuses. But here's a list of my excuses........."

giphy.gif

MrStuffins wrote:
    "I was beaten fair and square, no excuses. But here's a list of my excuses........."
    Did he say that? Have you links to his comments?

Did he say that? Have you links to his comments?

I'm sure you can find them.

MrStuffins wrote:
    I'm sure you can find them.
    If you are claiming it you should be posting links.

If you are claiming it you should be posting links.

D10-gZKF4LN_R7lN7WVCxwtP9UU=.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

In fairness, I heard him give reasons why he lost, as opposed to excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

Tazzimus wrote: »
    In fairness, I heard him give reasons why he lost, as opposed to excuses.
    Some people don't know the difference it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Some people don't know the difference it seems.

Yeah, it's like a football manager saying after a match- 'We lost tonight because we gave the opposition too much time on the ball, they were sharper than us and capitalised on our poor defending' and people saying - 'STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!'

To be fair, you're right. He gave reasons as to why he lost and not excuses.

I was wrong here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

MrStuffins wrote: »
    To be fair, you're right. He gave reasons as to why he lost and not excuses.

I was wrong here.

I wish more people were able to make posts like this so fair play.

Advertisement