Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,737 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lads im not convinced with all this cardio talk,

Have you ever seen a lad get beat up and not look tired ?

This is not boxing where you can be outpointed and losing ,
    In MMA 90% of the time your losing because your taking BIG shots or being bumped on your head and man handled, You can be the fittest man in the world but get an arse kicking ,

Look at Dustin v Justin
    Gaethje is know for his output and being a wild dog in there but the wheels came off when Dustin started to bash him up and no one question Justin gas tank , he just got beat up

Conor just got beat up

All valid points..

But Conor I don’t think I has a good has engine, hence it can be questioned here a bit more..

And, the beating he took to end it was about 10 seconds in duration..

In round 2

After about 7 mins of total action..he looked spent during the final 10-15 seconds. His energy wasn’t there, and he was not getting beaten up...his leg was hurting..

If it wasn’t cardio and leg combined, what was it? Glass chin? Because he wasn’t hit hugely heavy, nor that much..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Homelander

walshb wrote: »
    If it wasn’t cardio and leg combined, what was it? Glass chin? Because he wasn’t hit hugely heavy, nor that much..

Honestly it's really not worth these deep-dive conspiracies.

His leg was gone. And with his leg gone, his spirit crumpled because he knew he was done.

It pretty much starts and ends there, it really wasn't a cardio issue. As he said himself, he went in there unprepared and got the legs kicked off him.

Better fighter won, better figher won convincingly. That's all there is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Homelander wrote: »
    Honestly it's really not worth these deep-dive conspiracies.

His leg was gone. And with his leg gone, his spirit crumpled because he knew he was done.

It pretty much starts and ends there, it really wasn't a cardio issue. As he said himself, he went in there unprepared and got the legs kicked off him.

Better fighter won, better figher won convincingly. That's all there is to it.

Exactly. I'm not sure what the obvious signs of fatigue are that people are seeing. When he gasses, his face sags (thats the only way i can describe it). You can see it in both Diaz fights, and towards round three of the Mayweather fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,703 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta agree, I didn't see any cardio issues. He just couldn't move and got tagged too many times. He was honest about it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

eagle eye wrote: »
    Gotta agree, I didn't see any cardio issues. He just couldn't move and got tagged too many times. He was honest about it himself.

He was a sitting duck getting hit with punches in bunches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I have to say sometimes McGregor is gas when he's not being a complete toe rag,

Diaz interview with Ariel today and he was sitting in one of those kids gaming chair's that are you know like racing car bucket seat ,
    McGregor tweets under it Look out we got a bad ass in a race car chair, Cool Chair bro, Vroom Vroom beep beep, (with laughing faces)

I have to say thats funny Irish humour taking the piss out of him ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I have to say sometimes McGregor is gas when he's not being a complete toe rag,

Diaz interview with Ariel today and he was sitting in one of those kids gaming chair's that are you know like racing car bucket seat ,
    McGregor tweets under it Look out we got a bad ass in a race car chair, Cool Chair bro, Vroom Vroom beep beep, (with laughing faces)

I have to say thats funny Irish humour taking the piss out of him ,
    Many of us have those chairs.

Tazzimus wrote: »

Cool chair Tazzimus. Vroom vroom beep beep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Diaz interview with Ariel today

Unlistenable. Too stoned, too thick, too beat up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Tazzimus wrote: »

That the beauty of the humour after you get embarrassed & laugh at yourself you say " hey there comfy ,there's nothing wrong with them , what's the problem "

Maybe I'm alone but I thought it was funny ,

Although I still think Diaz came up with the best one liner when he said to McGregor " Your about playing touch butt in the park with the guy with the pony tail " :D:D:D (Ido Portal)

Made even funnier by the fact Diaz probably didn't mean to be funny ,

• Advertisement

What time frame we talking about Conor maybe returning

I think he needs to get cracking soon.....

May-June time for a fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

What time frame we talking about Conor maybe returning

I think he needs to get cracking soon.....

May-June time for a fight?

Yeah, I'd guess that. Allows for another year end fight if so. Just wonder if he still ploughs ahead with this Manny fight. It will make him money for sure, but I think his next three fights at least should be UFC. Maybe fight Manny next year or something.

All the talk now seems to be about Conor bringing the attitude back. If his next fight is the Dustin rematch, and he starts acting like 2014 Conor after being completely cordial, and taking the loss on the chin, it's a sub WWE level of story telling.
    Would anyone really buy in to the angle that he now hates Dustin with a passion?
    If he goes down that road, I hope he waits for a fight with Gaethje, Tony, or RDA. He's had a bit of back and forth with all of them. I'm not buying the Charles Oliviera or someone like that is now his nemesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

He can't bring the attitude back, he will be torn apart now with the allegations against him.

And he's been knocked out and choked out since then so he isn't 'invincible' anymore.

He was in prime condition, got beat on the night because he couldn't check the leg kicks. Their was people actually thinking he would beat Khabib in the summer as well because he wasn't focused last time they fought...

It's folks searching for excuses and reasons for why he lost

Conor went in there to destroy Dustin, and nothing he a did or didn't say before that had any bearing on what his intentions were on fight night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I still think Full Camp Mendes would of beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

It's folks searching for excuses and reasons for why he lost

Conor went in there to destroy Dustin, and nothing he a did or didn't say before that had any bearing on what his intentions were on fight night

This is true. He was nice to Cowboy as well & left him a bloody mess.

However, while it’s true it had no bearing on Conor, how about Dustin? If he play mind games, was nasty before the fight, how would it have affected him? Not saying the outcome would be different but that’s the question.

Saw couple interviews with Dustin & he is annoyed with people going on about why Conor lost. The conversation should be about why Dustin won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Watched it again for the first time on iptv......so reminiscent of the first Diaz fight, while he connected with a few in that first round he also threw so many wild haymakers that missed

if as he said before the fight this was the best version of him ever, he was way off the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

XsApollo wrote: »

And motivated BJ Penn would beat both

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Was full camp Mendes on PEDs? If not I can’t see it.

• Advertisement

I dunno but if he sunk in that guillotine he would of won.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

If my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

If only McGregor hadn't escaped the sub attempt, damn him..

If Conor McGregor knocked out Khabib then Conor McGregor would have knocked out Khabib.

If only Dustin didn’t kick his leg eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,703 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Conor needs to change teams and make it a big deal when he does. That'll make people believe he can come back from this defeat. I think he should go with Stanford MMA personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Stupid rematch. Won’t sell much

Nonsense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'd prefer see them put him against someone else, he's never going win title again. Superfights/spectacle fights is all his good for now. Just fun fights

Advertisement