Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

fryup wrote: »
    will Trump be making an appearance at this impeachment?

Nope, as strong and powerful as he claims to be, he chickened out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,011 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Tony EH wrote: »
    At best, it shows that this gobshite has an extremely poor grasp of history and really shouldn't be talking about things she has no clue about. Hitler's basic concept for making "Germany great" involved aggressive expansion eastward. There is no making "Germany great" without that in Hitler's mind and his political goals, in their entirety, are based on that.

At its worst, she's knowingly trying to make an unbelievably dangerous equation to appeal to a certain demographic.
    So now the poor woman is a Nazi bigot Gob****e.

You guys are good real good.

I see you failed to understand the point of the post spectacularly. Well done you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Great to see Trumps Tweets and words being shown up for what they are and how he manipulated the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Great to see Trumps Tweets and words being shown up for what they are and how he manipulated the whole thing.

Its actually quite amazing when you go back over it all. There was so much of it, for so long, that it is easy to forget just how determined and consistent Trump was about driving his base.

How any senator can listen to that and not convict is beyond belief (I know they won't but still).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So now the poor woman is a Nazi bigot Gob****e.

You guys are good real good.

Put your pearls away for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Its actually quite amazing when you go back over it all. There was so much of it, for so long, that it is easy to forget just how determined and consistent Trump was about driving his base.

How any senator can listen to that and not convict is beyond belief (I know they won't but still).

They're doodling and not paying attention: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1359257012601716743

They know how they're going to vote. Why do more than pay minimal attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Igotadose wrote: »
    They're doodling and not paying attention: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1359257012601716743

They know how they're going to vote. Why do more than pay minimal attention?

It shouldn't even be called a trial. A trial implies an unbiased jury or an unbiased Judge.
    If what Trump did, since the election, isn't impeachable then nothing is.
    Not just the riots but his whole undermining of the American democratic system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Put your pearls away for the day.

I'm a manly man remember no pearls here my friend.

Any kind of man shouldn't be calling a young woman names either as has been done today in this thread maybe candace isn't too far wrong.

Any kind of man shouldn't be calling a young woman names either as has been done today in this thread maybe candace isn't too far wrong.

If someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Candace can report any posts she has an issue with.

joe40 wrote: »
    It shouldn't even be called a trial. A trial implies an unbiased jury or an unbiased Judge.
    If what Trump did, since the election, isn't impeachable then nothing is.
    Not just the riots but his whole undermining of the American democratic system.

Six republican senators voted that the second impeachment trial is constitutional.

In all likelihood, it will also only be those same six republican senators (give or take a senator or two) that vote that Trump should be convicted.

Those two votes should have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The first is a general vote about the law and constitution, and the second is about the alleged crimes of a particular individual. And yet by some mad coincidence the voting pattern will end up being similar. Almost as if the trial for that individual means nothing, some might say.

44 republican senators believe that it's fine for a president to commit whatever crime they like, as long as it's in the last few weeks of their term. And we all know damn well those 44 senators would not feel that way if it was a democratic president.

Those 44 senators have absolutely no backbone and should be ashamed of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I like it when Trump supporters come out with sentences like the above

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Where is Trump?

He is playing golf. Sure what else would he be doing? It's not like he has anything important to be doing if he ever did.
    I would say he is trying to play as much golf as he possibly can lol before he gets thrown into prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thanks but the last person I'd be taking advice from on how to treat women is a Trump fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again – just watch. He can do much better

Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.

If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say “Rosie, you’re fired

Donald J Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Nothing better then a well oratated story being laid out in front of you.

Just a fcuking shame that it is all in vain, the outcome is known the ladies in red are not for turning. I'm wondering how the defense lays out their story, will it be true trumpian story, of bullet points?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,277 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Nothing better then a well oratated story being laid out in front of you.

Just a fcuking shame that it is all in vain, the outcome is known the ladies in red are not for turning. I'm wondering how the defense lays out their story, will it be true trumpian story, of bullet points?

I imagine crayons will be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

I actually read the option as 'political farce'. Could that be added?

I really can't see how he can survive politically, even with his huge following. Common sense says many of them will drift away. But common sense often has no part to play.

I think he'd have to leave the Republican Party and start his own. Would be interesting, and hopefully a complete failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Livvie wrote: »

I really can't see how he can survive politically, even with his huge following. Common sense says many of them will drift away. But common sense often has no part to play.

I think he'd have to leave the Republican Party and start his own. Would be interesting, and hopefully a complete failure.

Of course it would be a failure, everything Trump touches fails, unfortunately he getsnout with all of the other peoples money before declaring it a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,137 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Pence had a lucky escape. The models showing just how close he was to the riotors.

Literally metres on different sides of a wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

will Trump be making an appearance at this impeachment?
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Nope, as strong and powerful as he claims to be, he chickened out

could he be forced to?? by law?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Mitch McConnell saying that the vote is a vote of conscience. I know a number of reps aren’t engaging but is McConnell setting the groundwork for a yes vote.
    Everything that is being shown is damning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

could he be forced to?? by law?

You've seen the video of trump giving a video deposition before right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,137 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1359635955389509638?s=19

Forget Trump - call Mike pence to give evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Tippex wrote: »
    Mitch McConnell saying that the vote is a vote of conscience. I know a number of reps aren’t engaging but is McConnell setting the groundwork for a yes vote.

He voted yesterday that the trial shouldn't even go ahead. McConnell has no spine and will vote to acquit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭dam099

Livvie wrote: »

He only has to win 50% of Republican primary voters (and probably not even as winner takes all in many/most states). Right now he is well above that threshold so if he decides to run it will be as a Republican. To win as a 3rd party candidate I can only see it being doable as a centrist peeling off votes from both parties, he is toxic to Democrats and he would surely split the Republican vote (he might get most of it but losing a sizeable minority would be fatal).

Also to run successfully as a 3rd party candidate he would probably need to kick in some self funding and I doubt he would spend much of his OWN money. He does seem to be able to get gullible members of his base to donate quite a bit to his PAC but without RNC and affiliated PACs I doubt it would be enough. Plus I think he is probably more interested in using it as his own personal slush fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭dam099

Tippex wrote: »

I think its the other way, he has laid the groundwork for a no vote i.e. "What Trump did was high crimes but the trial is unconstitutional so unfortunately I have to acquit him on a technicality."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

namloc1980 wrote: »
    He voted yesterday that the trial shouldn't even go ahead. McConnell has no spine and will vote to acquit.

I personally doubt he will too. The two votes are very different tho (to anyone with half a brain)
    America is on trial they will be laughed out of international relations if they don’t convict especially if its a republican involved in the relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Those 44 senators have absolutely no backbone and should be ashamed of themselves.

Why are so many Republican Senators sticking with Trump though? Surely he's a busted flush at this stage, why wouldn't more of them be eager to distance themselves from Trump? Do they actually believe that he's going to be back running again and they're just covering their own arses? They surely can't support what he has done, the toxic nature of the man, unless some of them aren't much better themselves???............

• Advertisement

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Why are so many Republican Senators sticking with Trump though? Surely he's a busted flush at this stage, why wouldn't more of them be eager to distance themselves from Trump? Do they actually believe that he's going to be back running again and they're just covering their own arses? They surely can't support what he has done, the toxic nature of the man, unless some of them aren't much better themselves???............

Because there are 74M voters watching them. They know 40M of them will vote for them anyway, 10M might not be bothered voting in a non-contentious election but about 10M or so actually bought his BS that he was lied to and they want to be able to tell them they did what they could.

The Democrats know this and that is why they are proceeding with the trial with such intent, they want to force the Republicans to put their names to supporting insurrection. And they're doing a good job of it so fat.

Advertisement