Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

duploelabs wrote: »
    By withdrawing of arm sales to the uae and the Saudis?

Paused for review...

By withdrawing of arm sales to the uae and the Saudis?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/27/politics/us-pauses-saudi-uae-arms-sales/index.html
    Secretary of State Tony Blinken confirmed that pending arms sales are under review, as is typical at the start of a new administration, "to make sure that what is being considered is something that advances our strategic objectives, and advances our foreign policy."

A bit of a misrepresentation there from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Paused for review...

But still not happening in contrary to your statement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,053 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

At least now Biden is in office the US can get back to the business of war.

It never left it.

But still not happening in contrary to your statement

He's only getting started.

• Advertisement

He's only getting started.

They've withdrawn their support of the Saudi/uae sectarian war on Yemen, but sure they're only getting started according to your twaddle

I personally belief without evidence that he's only getting started.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

At least now Biden is in office the US can get back to the business of war.

Trump did he best to start a civil war, increased drone bombing use but prevented reporting and antagonized Iran and contemplated escalating things with them further.
    Or did you not watch the last 4 years?

No misrepresentation, I just have more up to date news as your link is nearly two weeks old
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/04/us-end-support-saudi-led-operations-yemen-humanitarian-crisis

Trump did he best to start a civil war, increased drone bombing use but prevented reporting and antagonized Iran and contemplated escalating things with them further.

Civil war my arse.

You think the media would not squeeze every negative thing they could out of the Trump story? How did he prevent it?

Very selective memory you have.

Trump deescalated a lot of US aggression around the world.

• Advertisement

Fixed that for you.

Also, remember Libya? Who was VP then?

Civil war my arse.

You think the media would not squeeze every negative thing they could out of the Trump story? How did he prevent it?

Gonna need proof of that.. He nearly started a war with Iran after the previous administration improved relations with them. He also severely damaged relations with US allies. Also helped enable the Saudis to commit war crimes by arming them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Civil war my arse.

How did he prevent what?

Stop trying to distract with cries about 'the media'? No other President had so much of their thoughts, words and actions broadcast live, is it the media's fault for doing so?
    Which member of the media stole his phone and tweeted LIBERATE MICHIGAN', 'LIBERATE VIRGINIA' 'LIBERATE MINNESOTA'?

Did the media hold him hostage and make tell people in a speech that the liberal democrats were coming for all their rights, and their guns, and they needed to stand up to them and fight?

Did the media force him to beg governors to use the national guard and to be more forceful on BLM protestors?

How did he prevent what?

Stop trying to distract with cries about 'the media'? No other President had so much of their thoughts, words and actions broadcast live, is it the media's fault for doing so?
    Which member of the media stole his phone and tweeted LIBERATE MICHIGAN', 'LIBERATE VIRGINIA' 'LIBERATE MINNESOTA'?

Did the media hold him hostage and make tell people in a speech that the liberal democrats were coming for all their rights, and their guns, and they needed to stand up to them and fight?

Did the media force him to beg governors to use the national guard and to be more forceful on BLM protestors?

We are talking war here.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

It has been enjoyable seeing the Trump supporters deal with him losing and Biden and Harris in office

We are talking war here.

Do you think Trump contributed to this war crime?
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/19/us-supplied-bomb-that-killed-40-children-school-bus-yemen

The democrats are very good at deception. They fool lazy people easily.

It has been enjoyable seeing the Trump supporters deal with him losing and Biden and Harris in office

I'm not a Trump supporter I just think he was better than Biden.

That's horrific. Doesn't change the fact that Trump was withdrawing troops and trying to deescalate conflict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭dublin49

History may reflect that the Trump reign was as benign as could have been hoped for when his personality and madness are fully revealed.He literally could have started WW3 on a whim and given alot of his odious legacy can be reasonably easily reversed we should be relatively happy with the outcome of his presidency.

dublin49 wrote: »
    History may reflect that the Trump reign was as benign as could have been hoped for when his personality and madness are fully revealed.He literally could have started WW3 on a whim and given alot of his odious legacy can be reasonably easily reversed we should be relatively happy with the outcome of his presidency.

More projection. Fact is he did a lot less harm than Obama or Bush or Bush Senior or pretty much any US president in decades.

That's horrific. Doesn't change the fact that Trump was withdrawing troops and trying to deescalate conflict.

Trump withdrew troops from Syria because he was personally blackmailed by the Turkish administration over the kasshoggi killing, nothing to do with deescalting conflict

More projection. Fact is he did a lot less harm than Obama or Bush or Bush Senior or pretty much any US president in decades.

Trumps administration actively hid drone kills during their 4 years so I'd like to know how you can make that assertion

Trump withdrew troops from Syria because he was personally blackmailed by the Turkish administration over the kasshoggi killing, nothing to do with deescalting conflict

Afghanistan - Iraq - North Korea - Israel - must I go on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Be careful talking sense in here my friend its not a trait welcomed.

Trumps administration actively hid drone kills during their 4 years so I'd like to know how you can make that assertion

Obama was the king of drone strikes...

How did they actively hide it? A guardian writer's ESP doesn't count as proof.

Be careful talking sense in here my friend its not a trait welcomed.

I know - I get weary quickly and run out of stamina. Just need to leave before they hen peck me into getting banned.

Eh, he almost started a war with Iran and destabilised Iraq too via it. Drone strikes didn't go down. It was under his watch that MOAB was used and he armed the Saudis and boasted about doing so to boot. Also outright pulling out troops tends to destabilised regions. So vaguely pretending he's a peacemaker is nonsense.

Oh, he also egged on people who are now up on terror charges over the Capitol Insurrection. So he created both domestic and international instability.
    Obama was the king of drone strikes...

How did they actively hide it? A guardian writer's ESP doesn't count as proof.

Drone strike numbers are no longer public knowledge. For a person accusing others of being lazy, you're pretty poorly informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭dublin49

I kinda said that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement