Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Where is Trump? You would think he would be front and center at the hearing giving his version of events, why isn't he on OAN, Newsmax, Fox all day giving interviews?

Don't tell me the man, the Alpha male so loved by so many of his zealots on here is in hiding? Not a peep out of him since inauguration day, off hiding in his bunker (ironically this is what Biden was accused of) hoping all of this will just blow over. Muzzled by his handlers and told to shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Candace owens the nazi bigot..
    I give up.

Anyone who can see merits in the any of the ideals of Hitler should have no place in a modern democracy.
    It doesn't matter that she dresses it up as; I don't agree with the genocide or invading countries but some of his other ideas were OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Candace owens the nazi bigot..
    I give up.

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1358882341939253250?s=19

Definitely not a bigot... Hope you're a "manly man", she won't like you otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Definitely not a bigot... Hope you're a "manly man", she won't like you otherwise

I better stock up! :)

41uGLNiizJL._AC_SS350_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,365 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Candace Owens is a serial liar and publicity seeker. Apart from that, she is a person of no substance whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

Where is Trump? You would think he would be front and center at the hearing giving his version of events, why isn't he on OAN, Newsmax, Fox all day giving interviews?

Don't tell me the man, the Alpha male so loved by so many of his zealots on here is in hiding? Not a peep out of him since inauguration day, off hiding in his bunker (ironically this is what Biden was accused of) hoping all of this will just blow over. Muzzled by his handlers and told to shut up.

Maybe the massive lawsuits against those channels for peddling his fraud theories have influenced their motivation to give him any airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Apart from Trump lawyer yesterday repeatedly saying that Trump was beaten fairly, the other really odd line he took was that Trump shouldn't be impeached until he had been convicted in court.

Of course, that is nonsense as the Constitution doesn't say that and it never applied to Clinton, but surely that will just raise the issue of a court trial in the minds of Dems and ordinary voters that are ah=ghast at what happened?

It was real Lional Hutz territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

joe40 wrote: »
    Anyone who can see merits in the any of the ideals of Hitler should have no place in a modern democracy.
    It doesn't matter that she dresses it up as; I don't agree with the genocide or invading countries but some of his other ideas were OK.

But she didn't say she saw any merit in his ideas.

On Trump, I saw a bit of his defense yesterday. Bruce Castor Jr I thought was particularly terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Oh ya cos she really seems like your typical nazi.

Unreal.
    I see her words being played in front of Congress is making you defensive, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,001 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So none of us caught the first day of impeachment? Apparently Trumps impeachment managers totally fumbled their opening arguments already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Overheal wrote: »
    So none of us caught the first day of impeachment? Apparently Trumps impeachment managers totally fumbled their opening arguments already

I missed the house managers, but trump's defense was all over the place. Won't matter for sh!te though as the 'jury' have already got their minds made up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

But she didn't say she saw any merit in his ideas.

On Trump, I saw a bit of his defense yesterday. Bruce Castor Jr I thought was particularly terrible.

"If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and things work well then fine"
    Her exact words. So happy enough with Hitler apart from his expansion plans.

Hitler became a dictator but if his motive was nationalism then that is fine. No democrat should have Hitler and fine in the same sentence.

But we have seen Trump supporters are not democrats (as in support democracy) they want to overturn a free and fair election.

Overheal wrote: »

Yeah, Bruce Castor Jr was the worst. I've seen his defense referred to as a stream of consciousness.

The defense just seems to be 'it's unconstitutional' and 'if you impeach him you're setting a precedent to impeach a private citizen'. But the impeachment was initiated while he was in-office. It's not really much of a precedent, and Trump shouldn't be saved by the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Sean Hannity couldn't even say anything positive about Castor he was that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 33,192 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So, he's pretty much got to the point where the people who started it claimed it was him, senior heads in the party are admitting it was him, his defnese is a shambles before he;s even starter...

.... and he's still going to get off, isn't he?

I'd say it was worse than the WWE when it comes to bad story telling and predictable endings pretending to be real, but the WWE were at least honest and entertaining about it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

duploelabs wrote: »
    I missed the house managers, but trump's defense was all over the place. Won't matter for sh!te though as the 'jury' have already got their minds made up

yeah Trump acquittal is as good as assured. But I did read a good point that Reps needed his lawyers to put up a good defence so they would at least have something to hide behind. Because his defence by Castor was so rambling and has been reported widely as such it gives them no political cover whatsoever. Even Castor himself said in his speech he was surprised at how robust the Dems House Managers prosecution was. CNN reported that Trump was watching events unfold in Mar a Lago and was literally screaming at the tv

Its surprising that he hasnt done any media for weeks now especially for someone like him who lives off the oxygen of publicity. When Reps vote to acquit him Id say we'll see him back out in front of the cameras telling us "I won this witch hunt of a trial, BY A LOT"

So, he's pretty much got to the point where the people who started it claimed it was him, senior heads in the party are admitting it was him, his defnese is a shambles before he;s even starter...

.... and he's still going to get off, isn't he?

I'd say it was worse than the WWE when it comes to bad story telling and predictable endings pretending to be real, but the WWE were at least honest and entertaining about it.

tenor.gif

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its surprising that he hasnt done any media for weeks now especially for someone like him who lives off the oxygen of publicity.

Tweets could be posted from the couch. That might be factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Day 2, here we go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Day 2, here we go

Is there an internet link that I can get it on?

Got it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

What is wrong with being a manly man?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,053 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

joe40 wrote: »
    "If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and things work well then fine"
    Her exact words. So happy enough with Hitler apart from his expansion plans.

Hitler became a dictator but if his motive was nationalism then that is fine. No democrat should have Hitler and fine in the same sentence.

But we have seen Trump supporters are not democrats (as in support democracy) they want to overturn a free and fair election.

At best, it shows that this gobshite has an extremely poor grasp of history and really shouldn't be talking about things she has no clue about. Hitler's basic concept for making "Germany great" involved aggressive expansion eastward. There is no making "Germany great" without that in Hitler's mind and his political goals, in their entirety, are based on that.

At its worst, she's knowingly trying to make an unbelievably dangerous equation to appeal to a certain demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

will Trump be making an appearance at this impeachment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

lol

Nothing, however the far right have chosen to fetishize it to the point where they're claiming men are secretly being feminised or some such nonsense. See also how the alt right tend to love to use terminology like alpha, beta and cuck. It's all rather weird. Also the implication of non hyper masculinized men not being "proper men" strikes me as not so subtle homophobia tbh.

Men are far more likely to kill themselves than women. There can a multitude of reasons for this but one is definitely the idea that men don't cry. Men need to know it's okay to be vulnerable and to talk about it. The stereotype of manly men and that it's something to strive for is literally killing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Tony EH wrote: »
    At best, it shows that this gobshite .

So now the poor woman is a Nazi bigot Gob****e.

You guys are good real good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Day 2, here we go

Joe Neguse is very very good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement