Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

My point is, I think your wrong, and proven by the source you linked.

What?! :confused:

The source literally says 32%, i.e. roughly one third, of Republicans believe that the election was fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

What?! :confused:

The source literally says 32%, i.e. roughly one third, of Republicans believe that the election was fair.

I'll type slowly, your source states that 35% of ALL VOTERS, believes that the election was NOT free and fair.

I'll type slowly, your source states that 35% of ALL VOTERS, believes that the election was NOT free and fair.

Yes, I have not denied that. What does that have to do with anything?!

My source states that 92% of Democrats, 60% of Independents, and 32% of Republicans believe the election was fair. When you work that out, that means that 65% of Americans believed it was fair, i.e. 35% of Americans do not believe it was fair.

I stated that 32% of Republicans believe the election was fair. You said I was wrong. Would you like to explain what on Earth you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

That 35% are the remaining Republican voters ie Trump’s base but that’s not enough to win an election.

Trump lost with 100% of Republican voters, what chance has he with approximately 65% of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    That 35% are the remaining Republican voters ie Trump’s base but that’s not enough to win an election.

Trump lost with 100% of Republican voters, what chance has he with approximately 65% of them?

Candace Owen, announced her run for 2024.

Doesn't have to be Trump.

So you've decided not explain what your back and forth nonsense was about then?

In a thread about Trump’s political future, it doesn’t have to be Trump?

You are on a roll of nonsensical posts.

Have you figured out yet that 2/3 of half a number is equal to 1/3 of the full number?

You seemed very excited by that a few posts ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

However bad Trump was, and he was, I don't think America is anywhere close to considering someone who made excuses for Hitler.

Not with a Jewish lobby as strong as it is.

She's the newest version of Ann Coulter.

Over one in three, think the election was NOT free and fair, you took glee in saying one in three Republicans thought it was fair and free.

• Advertisement

However bad Trump was, and he was, I don't think America is anywhere close to considering someone who made excuses for Hitler.

CNN brainwashed.

He doesn’t understand fractions and didn’t realise that he was just stating the inverse of your claim that 1/3 Republicans think the election was free and fair.

CNN brainwashed.

Who?

You, Candace Owens or Ann Coulter?

Over one in three, think the election was NOT free and fair, you took glee in saying one in three Republicans thought it was fair and free.

Have you completely lost it?

I said 32% of Republicans said it was fair, you said I was wrong. Would you like to explain how I lied rather than bringing up completely irrelevant information?

Let me make it simpler for you. Let's ignore the independents for a second and assume 50% of people are democrats and 50% are republican. According to my source, 92% of democrats and 32% of republicans believed it was fair. That would mean that 92*0.5+32*0.5 = 62% of people believed it was fair, i.e. 38% believed it was not fair. The reason it's in fact 35% rather than 38% is because independents exist, the majority of which believed it was fair.

I have no idea what you are talking about or what point you are even trying to make. You seem to be implying that me stating that 32% of Republicans saying it was fair is different to saying that 35% of Americans saying it wasn't fair, which just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of basic maths.

Someone asked if Trump was done, I said he is because 32% of Republicans disagree with him, you went off talking about something completely different for no reason.

What nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

One in three Republicans believe that the election was fair, i.e. one in three Republicans think that Trump is a compulsive liar, and that number is growing with time now that Republicans have had had time to think for themselves. So, yes Trump is a spent force.

https://morningconsult.com/form/tracking-voter-trust-in-elections/

After last week’s rebound, Republican confidence in the 2020 election outcome ticked down again this week: 32 percent of GOP voters say the election was free and fair, down 4 percentage points from last week. The movement has also driven further distrust in general confidence in the U.S. elections system.

My old friend your statement and what is written in your article aren't adding up.

I suspect its a genuine mistake you have made.

After last week’s rebound, Republican confidence in the 2020 election outcome ticked down again this week: 32 percent of GOP voters say the election was free and fair, down 4 percentage points from last week. The movement has also driven further distrust in general confidence in the U.S. elections system.

My old friend your statement and what is written in your article aren't adding up.

I suspect its a genuine mistake you have made.

The quote you quoted says it is currently 32%, down from 36% last week. I stated that it is currently 32%, which is correct.

Edit: Ah, you're focusing on my point about the trend, which I've addressed below.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

I saw a video where she was discussing the definition of the term nationalism and how people associate it's meaning with Hitler. If that's what you mean I wouldn't call what she said making excuses for Hitler.

Oh my God, this is one of the reasons I am a former teacher rather than a current teacher. I could not deal with students like this, drove me mental.

The quote you quoted says it is currently 32%, down from 36% last week. I stated that it is currently 32%, which is correct.

I cannot believe I am actually having to type this out. You're not even aware that you're saying something different to Sweetemotion are you?

You claimed that more Republicans are seeing the election results as fair but the article says the opposite less Republicans are seeing as fair going from 36% to 32%

You claimed that more Republicans are seeing the election results as fair but the article says the opposite less Republicans are seeing as fair going from 36% to 32%

Yes I did say that, and I am correct. There are more republicans that believe the election was fair now than on election day. I would have thought all of the coronavirus graphs in the news would have made the average person aware that an increase or a decrease from only one data point to the next does not suggest what the global trend is.

Yes I did say that, and I am correct. There are more republicans that believe the election was fair now than on election day. I would have thought all of the coronavirus graphs in the news would have made the average person aware that an increase or a decrease from only one data point to the next does not suggest what the global trend is.

You would make a great politician my friend.

• Advertisement

You would make a great politician my friend.

No, I'm too honest. I'd make a great scientist, and thankfully I am.*

*A scientist I mean. Whether I'm a great scientist or not is still up for debate.

I saw a video where she was discussing the definition of the term nationalism and how people associate it's meaning with Hitler. If that's what you mean I wouldn't call what she said making excuses for Hitler.

There can be no ambiguity about Hitler, there is no confusion as to what he was responsible for.
    If you say that 'If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well — OK, fine', you cannot expect people to simply focus on the idea of nationalism. This statement implies that it was only when he went in to Poland and beyond that there was an issue.

We've had a few years of people making excuses for Trumps statements and it culminated in the events of January the 6th with many of the people he 'supported' in attendance, at his behest. Enough of that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭francois

CNN brainwashed.

You're not even trying now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Here is what she said for anyone curious.

Her reaction to her own words being played is quite telling, as is her essentially claiming to have not said anything wrong in the comments she had already publicly walked back on (in which case why walk back on them)?

Here is what she said for anyone curious.

Her reaction to her own words being played is quite telling, as is her essentially claiming to have not said anything wrong in the comments she had already publicly walked back on (in which case why walk back on them)?

Oh ya cos she really seems like your typical nazi.

Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Another trump mouth piece thankfully told to STFU

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1359343695586234372?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Oh ya cos she really seems like your typical nazi.

Unreal.

Why, because she doesn't have a swastika tattooed on her neck? She's a bigot so might attract some support from similar minded Republicans, the ones who aren't racist of course.

Why, because she doesn't have a swastika tattooed on her neck? She's a bigot so might attract some support from similar minded Republicans, the ones who aren't racist of course.

Candace owens the nazi bigot..
    I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,494 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I give up.

The problem is that she doesn't seem to see the link between nationalism played out in extremes and what happened in Germany in the 30's and 40's, she is advocating the former, and doesn't understand how it can lead to the latter, had trump "succeeded" in his insurrection, we would probably have something similar playing out in the states right now (now the chance of success was 0, but trump doesn't understand numbers).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I give up.

Please do

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement