Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

alan0387 wrote: »
    To me, those that go out in arms defending the 2a in the USA, have the right idea in that they stand up to gov and say no that's not what we elected you for. Now the caveat is that they can portray a negative image with some of their actions but the end result is a strong recognition of their rights and that they are willing to come together and keep gov in check. However I don't condone the Capitol storming they did.

I used to think the 2A guys n gals in the States were a pack of nutcases. I'm changing my mind though. Seeing how things are going, I've one foot firmly planted in their camp and the other foot isn't too far away either.

Regarding the bit in bold, it was Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol because they wanted the election results changed, not 2A people storming it because they were going to lose their guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I used to think the 2A guys n gals in the States were a pack of nutcases. I'm changing my mind though. Seeing how things are going, I've one foot firmly planted in their camp and the other foot isn't too far away either.

Regarding the bit in bold, it was Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol because they wanted the election results changed, not 2A people storming it because they were going to lose their guns.

One of the most surreal things to ever happen in the history of politics.

Every rational person I know was just so relieved that he didn't cause more damage before he was turfed out of the White House.

Hopefully he ends up in jail where he belongs.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

One of the most surreal things to ever happen in the history of politics.

Every rational person I know was just so relieved that he didn't cause more damage before he was turfed out of the White House.

Hopefully he ends up in jail where he belongs.

I'm amazed that the police didn't start shooting people as soon as they started storming the building. FFS, you couldn't storm a McDonalds over there without getting shot.

I don't think they have enough on Trump to blame him for the storming of the Capitol. I've looked at his speech word for word (fcuk it was long) before the crowd attacked the building and I don't think there is enough in there to get a conviction.

Can't see him being jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

There was a programme on the UK telly the other night about London knife crime. Its rife and the police's hands are tied. If they stop and search a certain demographic, they are accused of allsorts of bias. If one of that demographic group gets shanked or slashed, the police get accused of not caring. No matter what they do they get stick.

A chilling fact was in one relatively small area in south London there are 70 knife assaults a month ! Like everything else, it'll start here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭alan0387

I should have clarified that I knew they were Trump supporters and not there for 2a protest! But due to the images circling because of it, people in full military equipment and even during the election, trump supporters standing outside count stations fully armed up, I was trying to seperate the genuine 2a supporters vs those other folk who use the 2a for different reasons.

• Advertisement

Not at all...I was speaking of the general "unity and healing comments " addressed to some 70 million Americans that were aimed at by those who disapproved of their political choices.
    Delightful healing and unity comments like Rep Evan Mc Mullen [D]

“We should keep and publish a list of everyone who assists Trump’s frivolous and dangerous attacks on the election. Name and shame forever.”
    Echoed by Oscario Cortez "Smollett"[D}

Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future? I foresee decent probability of many deleted Tweets, writings, photos in the future
    8:16 PM · Nov 6, 2020

Or such healing words from the old Maxine Waters [D]
    If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,

Of course Nancy Pelosis "I just don’t know why there aren’t uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be" is no doubt very peaceful and healing too with reference to BLM

And lets not forget the VP Kamela Harris saying inrelation to burning down half of Washington DC last year by her mostly peaceful followers " The protesters should not let up.
    Or ol baldy Ayanna Pressly calling for violence in the streets last year .

And lets nor forget Hillatys comments on "bitter clingers tp their guns and bibles" ,"deplorables" and the like

There is a new right of centre news channel opening in the UK, called "GB news". Already the lefty shriekers over there are calling for a boycott on any advertisers who take airtime with that new channel or anyone who appears on it. Not very tolerant are they ?

alan0387 wrote: »
    I should have clarified that I knew they were Trump supporters and not there for 2a protest! But due to the images circling because of it, people in full military equipment and even during the election, trump supporters standing outside count stations fully armed up, I was trying to seperate the genuine 2a supporters vs those other folk who use the 2a for different reasons.

To be honest, it looked like you were trying to do the opposite. Anyway, wires now uncrossed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Biden's Press secretary Jen Psaki mocks reporter who questioned the impact of shutting down the Keystone pipeline and asked where the redundant worker would go for their "Green Jobs"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9239485/Jen-Psaki-mocks-reporter-1-000-people-work-president-decision-cancel-Keystone-XL-pipeline.html

Meanwhile in Europe, it's evident that any benefit from "Green Jobs" is pretty much exclusive to China.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/02/09/delingpole-green-jobs-collapse-in-germany-and-go-to-china-instead-what-a-surprise/

Quelle surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,955 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

[QUOTE=BattleCorp;116220970
    ]I'm amazed that the police didn't start shooting people as soon as they started storming the building. FFS, you couldn't storm a McDonalds over there without getting shot.

Probably because they were caught with their pants down like most major country changing events in the US, where they had plenty of advance notice that the sht would go down...And chose to ignore it... Things like Pearl harbour...30 min radar warning...Nah! It will be fine!...
    Israeli Mossad 10 day warning that AQ was planning something big in the USA involving aircraft..."Nah it will be fine!"
    3 month warning something will happen in DC with the elections. ANTIFA and the FBI set up Proud boys are discussing this....Nah it will be fine!
    https://www.npr.org/2021/01/15/956842958/what-we-know-so-far-a-timeline-of-security-at-the-capitol-on-january-6?t=1612906467121

I don't think they have enough on Trump to blame him for the storming of the Capitol. I've looked at his speech word for word (fcuk it was long) before the crowd attacked the building and I don't think there is enough in there to get a conviction.

Have you listened to a Castro or Kim speech? Trump was short and to the point in comparison.:D Nothing in that speech that can be taken as an incitement to go and cause a riot Unless you happen to be some lad wearing a bovine onesie,and what looks like a bunch of extras from Duck dynasty.
    Can't see him being jailed

Unless they want to make a complete martyer out of him that is.T
    hey want him gone and the DC swamp returning to normal boring dual party politics not having to worry about either Trump 2024,or him becoming the kingmaker in the Republican GOP,and heads rolling from those who backstabbed him.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Have you listened to a Castro or Kim speech? Trump was short and to the point in comparison.:D Nothing in that speech that can be taken as an incitement to go and cause a riot Unless you happen to be some lad wearing a bovine onesie,and what looks like a bunch of extras from Duck dynasty.

Unless they want to make a complete martyer out of him that is.T
    hey want him gone and the DC swamp returning to normal boring dual party politics not having to worry about either Trump 2024,or him becoming the kingmaker in the Republican GOP,and heads rolling from those who backstabbed him.

Googled it and couldn't find it.

You surely know how to spell martyr and know what it means so what are you on about this time?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Googled it and couldn't find it

Couldn't find what exactly??
    You surely know how to spell martyr and know what it means so what are you on about this time?
    Spell check nazism your newest string to your bow?:D

Point 1
    http://worldwar2headquarters.com/HTML/PearlHarbor/PearlHarborAirFields/radar.html

Point 2
    https://freerepublic.com/focus/fr/524650/posts article Sunday Telegraph 16 Oct 2001,as it is paywalled on the ST site.

Point3
    Already covered in a previous post.

Any other difficulties you might have feel free to ask.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Must have been the shortest investigation into a possible pandemic scene EVER:eek:
    3 hours...And it's the CCP party line on this... It came from imported frozen food:rolleyes:
    The same crowd who last year were saying the CCP party line of" no risk of human to human transmission "up until Jan 14th of this year.
    WHO has lost all creditability.
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/who-team-visits-wuhan-research-lab-at-centre-of-coronavirus-speculation-40045375.html

Spell check nazism your newest string to your bow?:D

Deflection, your one and only form of defence.

Deflection, your one and only form of defence.

:rolleyes:

Must have been the shortest investigation into a possible pandemic scene EVER:eek:
    3 hours...And it's the CCP party line on this... It came from imported frozen food:rolleyes:
    The same crowd who last year were saying the CCP party line of" no risk of human to human transmission "up until Jan 14th of this year.
    WHO has lost all creditability.
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/who-team-visits-wuhan-research-lab-at-centre-of-coronavirus-speculation-40045375.html

I'll tell you something Grizz, a further look through the courts pages is a sobering read. No wonder the gardai are so reluctant to licence firearms, everyone seems to be half an inch off assaulting someone or diddling someone out of money.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Any wonder tort law in America needs reform.

This is why there are instructions on shower caps.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 39,133 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Considering how much critiques the Republicans also get when in office...Don and Eric enjoying hunting and guns,as to what kind of horrible deaths they should suffer??? Media describing Brandon Trump looking like the next school shooter,to be upbraided,in all fairness to her by Chelsea Clinton as being a below the belt punch....Sauce for the goose and all that...

If somebody made those comments there I'd call them also. And frequently have done.
    I'm calling out your post because that's what was said on this thread.
    Crying "wah wah wah, looks what they said" is the defense a scolded child relies on.
    It you make comments stand behind them on their own, don't use whataboutery as a shield imo.

If I criticised somebody for doing X, but gave Y a pass for the same. I'd expect to be called on it.

Why? you set yourself on the public parapet, expect to draw fire for your actions. Just too bad Hunter has a worse record than Don,in every aspect of his life...but of course, if you have Stephen King raaa raaa ing your work of fiction, which most bios are anyway. Which one is going to get the most publicity or notoriety? Not like either of those two was sitting in front of a blank screen at 3 AM living off fags and coffee, or something illict in Hunter's case no doubt.Celebs "writing books" are a different league to working authors.
    I don't see the relevance to any of this.
    You've criticised Hunter Biden for profiting with off the presidency with a book.
    You haven't criticised Don Jr. for doing the same. (if you weren't aware, you are now).
    That's hypocrisy plain and simple. I don't think you can dispute that. The quality of the ghost written books up for question (and I agree with you on that).
    No I don't think a self-confessed junkie and bagman deserve that benefit of the doubt because he writes a sympathy work of fiction. You might have a different opinion depending on your political outlook and morals?
    Can you link to where he confessed to being a bagman? Genuine question, he's not a guy I've paid much attention to in all honesty.
    I assume you have something more concrete that a story Rudy ran in the NY Post.

Stormy Daniels... A rather expensive call girl,but then again true to her profession she got what she was due..Can you name all the rest of this "half dozen"?...I'll wait...
    Stormy Daniels didn't accuse him of sexual misconduct afaik.
    She was a stripper that he had an "affair" with. (he was 60 she was 26 so figure it out ;) ) Nothing illegal there*.
    He paid her to keep quiet a decade later. That's what the scandal was about.

*well depends on your definition I guess.

But as you asked for the actual accusations. The following where disclosed in court.

His ex-wife accused him of rape and assault. They reached a settlement that included a gag order.

Jill Harth sexual assault allegation and lawsuit in the 90s. Trump settled out of court.

Jean Carroll - I believe that's the Macy's reference you made above. Case pending.

Summer Zervos (2007) apprentice contestant. Current lawsuit.

Alva Johnson (2016) Campaign employee. Current lawsuit

15 other women have made public accusations. Which seams to be sufficient evidence for you on other matters.
    As I saidm I don't think they are all true. But there's a lot of smoke and out of court settlements do not paint a good picture.

His own statements indicate he knew his history was an issue;
    “Can you imagine how controversial I’d be?...You think about (Bill Clinton) with the women. How about me with the women? Can you imagine?”

A 404 page???
    Nope. Works for me.

Wonder can the same irony be used for Trump derangement syndrome?
    You'd have to give an example. I'm sure the other side aren't immune to irony.
    Again, if it's not in this thread its irrelevant. My issue is hypocrisy not one side or the other.

I was referring to crying about Dems name calling. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,133 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cass wrote: »
    Any wonder tort law in America needs reform.

This is why there are instructions on shower caps.

That would surely get laughed out of court.
    I think the company are choosing their words carefully. Knowing that if they (rightfully) call her an idiot, it will be come a lawsuit about something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭alan0387

To be honest, it looked like you were trying to do the opposite. Anyway, wires now uncrossed. :)

That tends to happen when I try read or reply on a forum when the 3 kids are running round like headless chickens in the house :D

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    That would surely get laughed out of court.
    I think the company are choosing their words carefully. Knowing that if they (rightfully) call her an idiot, it will be come a lawsuit about something else.

Unfortunately it costs an awful lot of money to even get as far as court in the first place.

There have been some strange victories over the years too. Not much is guaranteed in court.

If somebody made those comments there I'd call them also. And frequently have done.
    Crying "wah wah wah, looks what they said" is the defense a scolded child relies on.
    It you make comments stand behind them on their own, don't use whataboutery as a shield imo.

If I criticised somebody for doing X, but gave Y a pass for the same. I'd expect to be called on it.

You've criticised Hunter Biden for profiting with off the presidency with a book.
    You haven't criticised Don Jr. for doing the same. (if you weren't aware, you are now).
    That's hypocrisy plain and simple. I don't think you can dispute that. The quality of the ghost written books up for question (and I agree with you on that).

Can you link to where he confessed to being a bagman? Genuine question, he's not a guy I've paid much attention to in all honesty.

She was a stripper that he had an "affair" with. (he was 60 she was 26 so figure it out ;) ) Nothing illegal there*.

*well depends on your definition I guess.

But as you asked for the actual accusations. The following where disclosed in court.

His ex-wife accused him of rape and assault. They reached a settlement that included a gag order.

Jill Harth sexual assault allegation and lawsuit in the 90s. Trump settled out of court.

Jean Carroll - I believe that's the Macy's reference you made above. Case pending.

Summer Zervos (2007) apprentice contestant. Current lawsuit.

15 other women have made public accusations.
    Which seams to be sufficient evidence for you on other matters.
    As I saidm I don't think they are all true. But there's a lot of smoke and out of court settlements do not paint a good picture.

“Can you imagine how controversial I’d be?...You think about (Bill Clinton) with the women. How about me with the women? Can you imagine?”

Nope. Works for me.

You'd have to give an example. I'm sure the other side aren't immune to irony.
    Again, if it's not in this thread its irrelevant. My issue is hypocrisy not one side or the other.

I was referring to crying about Dems name calling. :pac::pac::pac:

I only knew of the pay off to Stormy Daniels, those other cases were kept well hidden somehow by a press that his cult following would have you believe are only out to spread lies about him.

I didn't think it was possible for him to go lower in my estimation but he sure has now.

Glad to hear it!
    It you make comments stand behind them on their own, don't use whataboutery as a shield imo

YOUR Opinion...:)

That's hypocrisy plain and simple. I don't think you can dispute that.

As I said..!st I'd have to know about it, which I now do,as it was hardly featured on Oprah or whatever passes in Ireland for book reviews.:rolleyes:

So if you want to call out hypocrisy,you have to know there is something to be
    hypocritical about nr 1 and wouldn't you also say that MSM is being hypocritical in touting one book more than the other?

The quality of the ghostwritten books up for question (and I agree with you on that)
    FACT!

Unless he is really thick and writes it in his novel.He hasn't self hung himself yet, and as neither of us I presume has read his book yet, however, there is enough smoke about this since 2018 to not suggest a fire, and if the Feds and IRS are subpoenaing your business records from that period with his time in Burisma...As well as being now very interested in these laptops again. Not to mind his EX wife selling him out about an incorrectly declared gift for tax from the Chinese. Burisma seems to be now drawing in John Kerry and Obama. not good publicity for Mr Mullett ,Kerry preaching on global warming and being involved in a natural gas company... Another day work

She is was a Porn star[name is a dead giveaway] and it was Trumps lawyer Cohen who paid up 130K for the "worst 90 seconds of my life" As Daniels stated in an interview. Whether Trump authorised that or not,is another question as Cohen is in jail ASFIK for various frauds and whose main excuse is "Orange man told me to do it!"Guess professional ethics was written small in his life?

But as you asked for the actual accusations. The following where disclosed in court

You missed a few
    There are at least 24 allegations.
    Strange that all these come to light in a period between 2016/20?

Who also recanted on both of the allegations
    I referred to this as a "rape", but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.
    She also violated a confidentiality clause,not a "gag" order, two different things, of which Trump successfully sued her for breach of contract and then won a subsequent gag order on her.

An interesting one,with her then-boyfriend being involved in some business deal with Trump,and then the lawsuit being withdrawn when Trump and her boyfriend George Houraney settled out of court??? THEN this woman goes back to work for the person who "raped" her as his makeup artist in 2015 to peddle her line of makeup products. Her comments on tht time
    I'm a makeup artist. The guy is a mess, OK? He really needed my services, and I'm a makeup artist that needs a job. Why would, if I was on friendly terms, why wouldn't I try to get that job?" Seriously?????
    [
    QUOTE]Jean Carroll - I believe that's the Macy's reference you made above. Case pending.

E Jean Carrol can't even remember what year it happened in 95or 96,or any pertinent details of the event and has only taken until 2019 to make accusations..!

S
    ummer Zervos (2007) apprentice contestant. Current lawsuit.

Cases pending... Not proven.....

15 other women have made public accusations. Which seems to be sufficient evidence for you on other matters.

Not at all. As you said yourself in a previous statement on another thread here"You can file lawsuits until you are blue in the face" Proving them is another matter.So kind of a moot point that 16 other women file lawsuits.A common affliction of celebs it seems.
    As I said I don't think they are all true. But there's a lot of smoke and out of court settlements do not paint a good picture.

UH huh, but that's why we have courts and a presumption of innocence,not judging people by previous actions or suppositions.
    “Can you imagine how controversial I’d be?... You think about (Bill Clinton) with the women. How about me with the women? Can you imagine?”

He also said he could walk down 5th ave and shoot people and get away with it too. Just for balance...:p

]

Unfortunately it costs an awful lot of money to even get as far as court in the first place.

There have been some strange victories over the years too. Not much is guaranteed in court.

Future Caution label on adhesives...Not to be used on your body hair or other parts.:eek:

Future Caution label on adhesives...Not to be used on your body hair or other parts.:eek:

Tell me about it. My job involves working with dumb fcuks who do exactly what you'd expect intelligent life not to do. And unfortunately here in Ireland, the thicker you are, the more the courts are willing to reward you.

Tell me about it. My job involves working with dumb fcuks who do exactly what you'd expect intelligent life not to do. And unfortunately here in Ireland, the thicker you are, the more the courts are willing to reward you.

About time that was all stopped. Lad next door hasn't worked since 1982, and he is far better off than me. Every year he is off to court with some nonsense claim.

tudderone wrote: »
    About time that was all stopped. Lad next door hasn't worked since 1982, and he is far better off than me. Every year he is off to court with some nonsense claim.

It breaks my heart to have to accept PIAB awards of between €15k and €20k for lads who had minor injuries and were only out of work for one or two weeks on full pay.

The sad part is that it's cheaper to accept the awards than to go to court.

There was a time when I had the patience for a job like that and I did it for a good few years too, it's only when you step away from it you realise how stressful it actually was.

Nowadays dumb fcuks can have 5 minutes of my time max, I reckon anyone with a bit of life experience should be able to weed out a dumb fcuk in the first five minutes of face to face conversation, I'd usually suss them out a lot quicker but give them the extra few minutes to remove any doubt so I don't have to give them a second thought.

It's different online, online dumb fcuks amuse me when I'm bored.

Seen an news article the other day where some silly cow had covered her hair with a pretty potent 2 part adhesive. She had mixed it up with conditioner or something like that. Hospital job i'd wager.

• Advertisement

Is there no end to this blasted virus ? Four more months of this lockdown carp.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/lockdownireland-restrictions-enddate-level5update-leovaradkar-19806639

Advertisement