Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The fact that DPD texted me this morning saying my new coat would be delivered between 9 and 10am. Yet here we are, heading for 1pm, and I remain coatless...

Any minute now they will update the status as "delivery attempted" and when you call to say you were in all the time and delivery attempted was thirty seconds ago therefore can they ask the driver to try again since he can't have got that far in half a minute, they will tell you they have "no way to contact their drivers". Don't forget the driver will also "ring" you i.e. literally let the phone ring once and hang up, so you've no time to answer it but if anyone checks, it looks like they called and you didn't answer.

Shower of pr*cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Antares35 wrote: »
    Any minute now they will update the status as "delivery attempted" and when you call to say you were in all the time and delivery attempted was thirty seconds ago therefore can they ask the driver to try again since he can't have got that far in half a minute, they will tell you they have "no way to contact their drivers". Don't forget the driver will also "ring" you i.e. literally let the phone ring once and hang up, so you've no time to answer it but if anyone checks, it looks like they called and you didn't answer.

Shower of pr*cks.

I can't believe they are still trying the "we tried to deliver but nobody was in" nonsense. I avoid any online sites that use couriers.

I can't believe they are still trying the "we tried to deliver but nobody was in" nonsense. I avoid any online sites that use couriers.

There was a place I used (pre Brexit) that had two choices. You could either get free delivery with DPD or pay for delivery with DHL or Yodel I think. I always opted to pay because I can't deal with DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

On one hand, need to buy a new couch but will take months to arrive.
    On the other i could attempt to fix up the old one, am handy but cant find any definitive guides.
    TA that i cant make up my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA jobs categorised as work from home that actualy fuucking ARENT upon reading the job description.

TA i want to go for a walk,, but the rain keeps stopping and starting, so i cant tell whether im gonna be caught out if its pissing down and im half way down the walk route where i'll be soaked if i go on and soaked if i come back.

• Advertisement

People posting on social media and (in case I want to ignore those) also sending me videos of dancing gardaí. Just fúck off. I don't want to see your stupid video.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People getting offended and put out by the Garda dancing video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

I'm not offended by the Garda video but I do think they look like a shower of eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭AxleAddict

I (usually) park my car on the street directly outside my house and I get TA'ed when my next-door neighbour will literally spend 5-10 minutes trying to squeeze their car into the tightest of spaces in front of my car (even when there is enough space to park their car immediately opposite on the other side of the street, or a few cars up on the same side of the street) - and the amount of engine revving as they alternate between forward and reverse and only moving a few centimetres at a time - they would rather spend 10 minutes parking their car and saving themselves a few metres walk to their front door than park more quickly in a much easier location elsewhere on the street. Needless to say, I then have to spend a couple of minutes in the morning trying to inch my car out of its parking space as a result of their inconsiderate parking. Give me strength!

People getting offended and put out by the Garda dancing video!

I'm not offended I'm just TAd by it! And I've actually managed to not watch it yet and intend to keep it that way :) And it's more the incessant posting and sending it. Like ok we get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Those teachers in the ads for the home school hub thing on RTE 2. It must be painful to be that bubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Shower of pr*cks.

DPD must have designated drivers on different routes. Our driver is excellent, is always within the two hour time frame and always very pleasant.

Goes out of his way to ensure delivery to a nearby family member if delivery address doesn't answer.

Rural area, so often family live close together. I think he is probably Polish but he surely understands our ways.

Several people gave him a token of thanks at Christmas.

When people post those "predictors" about who is going on a foreign holiday this year, who is going to get engaged etc. Usually a list of about thirty girls names and they'll start tagging their friends and giving their partners hints.

wildwillow wrote: »
    DPD must have designated drivers on different routes. Our driver is excellent, is always within the two hour time frame and always very pleasant.

Goes out of his way to ensure delivery to a nearby family member if delivery address doesn't answer.

Rural area, so often family live close together. I think he is probably Polish but he surely understands our ways.

Several people gave him a token of thanks at Christmas.

That's great.

We are rural too and still have an abysmal service so I don't think it turns on that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

The scrutiny that female presenters are under for their physical appearance is unreal. No one seems to care how male presenters dress but will actually start threads here to slag off Miriam O Callahan over how she dresses!

This really TAs me as well. People critique what a female presenter wears, but not a male.

An Australian presenter wore the same suit for a year as an experiment and no one noticed!

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/karl-stefanovics-sexism-experiment-today-presenter-wears-same-suit-for-a-year-20141115-11ncdz.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Those teachers in the ads for the home school hub thing on RTE 2. It must be painful to be that bubbly.

In fairness muinteoir Cliona is looking well

Speedsie wrote: »
    This really TAs me as well. People critique what a female presenter wears, but not a male.

An Australian presenter wore the same suit for a year as an experiment and no one noticed!

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/karl-stefanovics-sexism-experiment-today-presenter-wears-same-suit-for-a-year-20141115-11ncdz.html

That's hilarious but also quite worrying! I find females in the spotlight in general are subject to so much scrutiny from the media for every choice they make. So many click bait headlines about what so and so eats in a day. Or have you seen your one sporting a cute bump. Or worse, speculation that she might be pregnant without any confirmation from the female in question. And god forbid any celeb decides to have a baby over 35.

I wouldn't be one to follow or have huge sympathy for the Royals in the spotlight but I do think it's ridiculous how the media goes on about what Kate Middleton wears all the time, how her hair looks and what she eats, and their treatment of Meghan Markle was nothing short of reprehensible IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

PsychoPete wrote: »
    In fairness muinteoir Cliona is looking well

Give her a clip of the ‘foot ruler’ me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That's hilarious but also quite worrying! I find females in the spotlight in general are subject to so much scrutiny from the media for every choice they make. So many click bait headlines about what so and so eats in a day. Or have you seen your one sporting a cute bump. Or worse, speculation that she might be pregnant without any confirmation from the female in question. And god forbid any celeb decides to have a baby over 35.

I wouldn't be one to follow or have huge sympathy for the Royals in the spotlight but I do think it's ridiculous how the media goes on about what Kate Middleton wears all the time, how her hair looks and what she eats, and their treatment of Meghan Markle was nothing short of reprehensible IMO.

The thing is many women want to know (excluding me), that's way there are so many of those brain dead womens mags and daytime tv gossip shows. Can't blame the media if the demand is there and lets be honest we have all heard our mothers, sisters and their friends talk about very person in the neighbourhood and what they are wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It used to be a TA but now it really bugging me , for some reason. The DeNiro ad for the Nero car. I’ve lost all respect for Robert DeNiro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

On a related note there's a car ad, Nissan I think, that randomly activates my Google yokie and she says 'sorry I don't understand'.:D

Thought the place was haunted when I first heard it from another room :eek:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Perhaps the second time only since I joined months and months ago, GoMo is having problems with the mobile internet. But with the Eir network still having problems, it's hardly surprising. :| At least I got a full day's work done on it... hopefully it'll be back up and running tomorrow, or else I'm in trouble.

https://downdetector.ie/status/gomo/
    https://downdetector.ie/status/eircom/map/

spookwoman wrote: »
    The thing is many women want to know (excluding me), that's way there are so many of those brain dead womens mags and daytime tv gossip shows. Can't blame the media if the demand is there and lets be honest we have all heard our mothers, sisters and their friends talk about very person in the neighbourhood and what they are wearing.

Agree. I was actually going to put that in an another paragraph but figured I had shíted on long enough and didn't want to TA anyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

lucalux wrote: »
    I just found my first actual grey hair, a big glinty silvery thing in my otherwise boring brown hair

Not even sure is it a TA, maybe I'll go full Storm with it, who knows.

Or Cruella.. probably more Cruella in fairness
    I've a feeling I'm going to take on a Cruella look. At the moment I'm dark from a distance but up close there's some nice grey starting to fill in.
    Going to embrace it, I can't be arsed with hair dye. The poodle perms my mother thought were nice in the 80s put me off hair chemicals for life.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

lucalux wrote: »
    I just found my first actual grey hair, a big glinty silvery thing in my otherwise boring brown hair

Not even sure is it a TA, maybe I'll go full Storm with it, who knows.

Or Cruella.. probably more Cruella in fairness
    Aglomerado wrote: »
    I've a feeling I'm going to take on a Cruella look. At the moment I'm dark from a distance but up close there's some nice grey starting to fill in.
    Going to embrace it, I can't be arsed with hair dye. The poodle perms my mother thought were nice in the 80s put me off hair chemicals for life.

Ladies, if silver foxes are foxy, I can't see why silver vixens can't be foxy, too.

New Home wrote: »
    Ladies, if silver foxes are foxy, I can't see why silver vixens can't be foxy, too.

True but the badger look is horrific. I wonder if Mary Lou was Taoiseach would she allow the hairdressers to open under humanitarian grounds, there's only so much the L'oreal spray can do..😂

Then you need to review your eye makeup, more than anything else. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

spookwoman wrote: »

Its not only presenters. You look at any female singer and what they wear.
    Dolled up and in killer heels. And then you get Ed Sheeran just turning up in a hoody.And nothing is said.
    If it was a female singer they would be torn to shreds. Hypocrisy still alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭AxleAddict

When you ring a company and the person on the other end of the line answers it like they're either an Air Traffic Controller or an auctioneer at a livestock market and they just rattle off their greeting message at 100mph and you've no idea what they've just said - a bit like those radio adverts where they speak the 'small print' really really REALLY fast at the end - I know they're probably tired of saying the same old greeting over and over again all day, but its no good to me if I can't figure out if I've got the right number and who I'm talking to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Listening to the radio earlier...Niall Boylan who I normally wouldn’t listen to, was having a discussion ( I use the term loosely) about assisted dying...which I am very interested in . One of his opening lines was something like “and is it just a case of someone saying, here just put a pillow over my face” and if that’s not bad enough he adds “ and I don’t mean that in a bad way”

The man is a clown!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement