Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

We often get people ring up in work looking for recommendations for tradesmen, the amount of people who then ask you to wait while they get a pen to take down the number. (We are a builders provider)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

For years, I always got dressed in our extremely untidy & junk-filled spare room as I could turn on the light, iron clothes etc.

However we finally got round to tidying it at Christmas and my eldest child has moved into it as they were tired of sharing room with sibling.

As my wife is not an early riser, I am now having to get dressed in semi-darkness in our room. Fumbling around for clothes and often picking the wrong ones. Can't wait for the mornings to get brighter.

Set your clothes out the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Spent ages yes, doing the maths and racking my brains to find words to fill out a part of my project. This took a few hours and a lot of editing never mind the number of times I had to rejig the figures.
    Now that I have the second part sorted, can I find the work I did yes? the hell I can,

I now have so many copies saved I'm confused and the date stamp on the memory doesn't help!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

In the current climate having any little sniffle or cough means that you have behave as if you have the the covid.

I have a little cough for the last while (nothing major) but know if I went out and about with it eyebrows above masks will be raised.

It annoys me that I am careful and appreciative of others reactions in the current climate. Yet there are yahoos who could not give a damn and break every guideline under the sun.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

In the current climate having any little sniffle or cough means that you have behave as if you have the the covid.

I have a little cough for the last while (nothing major) but know if I went out and about with it eyebrows above masks will be raised.

It annoys me that I am careful and appreciative of others reactions in the current climate. Yet there are yahoos who could not give a damn and break every guideline under the sun.

At least people will respect the 2m distance around you if you cough in their vicinity. I might actually start doing this :)

• Advertisement

This new person in our office, using all these "psychological power tools" to try to get her own way. When I asked her for something last week, she made a big hoo-ha about it not being reasonable etc. (even though it's her job) then left a deliberately long, awkward silence so that I'd fill in the gap. I'm more than TAd that I filled it, and offered to help even though it's not my responsibility. You know the kind, if you send an email about anything, you can set your clock that you'll get a phonecall about it and not just an email response. God damn you. Your silly tricks will not work on me again! She's obviously done some kind of how to manipulate your co-workers course :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you enjoy eating food but it doesn't agree with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

When you live in an area with crap broadband AND mobile signal. Can't even stream stuff.

I'd rather read a book than watch awful native tv offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Fell asleep yesterday around 8 and woke up a few hours later, hopped straight into bed. Woke at 9 this morning and have done absolutely nothing since. Such a waste of a weekend

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Fell asleep yesterday around 8 and woke up a few hours later, hopped straight into bed. Woke at 9 this morning and have done absolutely nothing since. Such a waste of a weekend

That's not called a waste of a weekend, that's called allowing your body to recuperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Extraordinary isn't just any word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

That my microwave's turny-knob timer is marked in 5-minute increments. I'd love to put the designer's eyeballs in it for... a few seconds.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The middle-mouse button on my desktop mouse is barely responding. Eventually it's gonna not work at all. This is the exact same thing that happened with the mouse I had beforehand, both of them lasted just over a year. The mouse I had before those two lasted me about 6 years before I gave it to my fiancée (with the previous computer) and it still fúcking works to this day.

TA that modern desktop mice are useless.

also TA that I used the word "mouse" four five times in this post and that's way too much.

Thee TAs-in-one if I mention that this is not something I want to be dealing with at this time in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Have a Lifestyle Sports gift card from xmas and emailed them if I could use it online. They said no, but if I wanted to send on photos of the card they will convert it to an online gift voucher. Grand. Do that. Get an email from them then saying "Sorry, you cant use instore gift cards online, however, you can redeem this into an online voucher by forwarding photos". Oh my days. This has happened a couple times over the last few days. Actually spelling it out to them at this stage in the email and they keep fobbing me off with info I already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Got myself all geared up for a lunchtime walk, shoes on, gloves and coat on, 5 steps out the door and it starts raining. Forget it so.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Got myself all geared up for a lunchtime walk, shoes on, gloves and coat on, 5 steps out the door and it starts raining. Forget it so.

Oh this was me between September and Christmas before heading off to work. Be sunny all morning - or at least dry - then the moment half 2 hits, it starts pissing down, and my work is about a 20 minute cycle away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Boss in the US sent me a One For All gift card for xmas.

Unfortunately, she got it from the UK site, not the Irish one.

Checked with One4All Customer Service, and after a week they came back and confirmed that UK cards won't work here.

The list of UK stores that accept them is pitiful to begin with, but then when you whittle it down to the ones that accept it online, and then the ones that will ship to Ireland, and then down further to the ones that will do the VAT and customs duty correctly, the card is pretty much useless.

£50 gone to waste.

Boss in the US sent me a One For All gift card for xmas.

Unfortunately, she got it from the UK site, not the Irish one.

Checked with One4All Customer Service, and after a week they came back and confirmed that UK cards won't work here.

The list of UK stores that accept them is pitiful to begin with, but then when you whittle it down to the ones that accept it online, and then the ones that will ship to Ireland, and then down further to the ones that will do the VAT and customs duty correctly, the card is pretty much useless.

£50 gone to waste.

I'm potentially..... POTENTIALLY trivially annoyed that your boss may have mistook Ireland as part of Britain??? :pac: Retracted if my brain is gone off on one :D

I'm potentially..... POTENTIALLY trivially annoyed that your boss may have mistook Ireland as part of Britain??? :pac: Retracted if my brain is gone off on one :D

It's possible, but she's fairly aware of the difference between UK and Ireland (the company have offices in both, and she's been involved in the Brexit preparations) I think what happened is that she contacted someone in my office and asked what kind of vouchers were common here, and they just replied "use one4All"

In the US, if you do a search for "one4All" it brings you to one4all.com, which sells the cards in Sterling. So she just assumed that it was the one to use, as she didn't realise there was a separate Irish one too.

One of my team members is in the UK office. There's a UK "Restaurant Choice" gift card you can buy with it. I might just get them one as a thank you.

It's possible, but she's fairly aware of the difference between UK and Ireland (the company have offices in both, and she's been involved in the Brexit preparations) I think what happened is that she contacted someone in my office and asked what kind of vouchers were common here, and they just replied "use one4All"

In the US, if you do a search for "one4All" it brings you to one4all.com, which sells the cards in Sterling. So she just assumed that it was the one to use, as she didn't realise there was a separate Irish one too.

That makes sense! A lot of websites I visit have defaulted to the British site when an Irish one exists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

£50 gone to waste.

Post it to a charity maybe?

Working from home and juggling childminding. OH locked away in his office, doing his stint at lunchtime and when his shift ends while I have to multi-task.

I feel like asking if he's happy to support me if I lose my job.

Boards is having an off day for me. Pages taking ages to load, some not loading at all.

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Post it to a charity maybe?

It's one of the virtual cards, not a physical one, so it's in my Apple Pay wallet already. Not sure if I can transfer it to anyone else, but it's a good idea I'll look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

People who call the Taoiseach "Mehole".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Constantly being knackered even though I'm getting more exercise than ever.

Pretty sure it's just general ennui, boredom and existential fatigue at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

its one of few things,that makes me more annoyed than it should

That and people leaving basins in the sink,and filling it with and dirty plates etc.....why like,??theres literally a plug there

Or people who throw used yoghurt cartons in the sink, as if its a bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Bought an airfryer today, only to realise it makes a ticking noise. Very irritating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Right-wing attempts at parodying liberals. There's never any subtlety or imagination - no room to wonder "could this be real?" Too much focus on landing a blow, and always missing by a mile as a result.

Me/I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Bought an airfryer today, only to realise it makes a ticking noise. Very irritating!

Always thought they were unnecessary until I got one, great little thing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement