Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

As he has been mentioned a few times lately, I had to Google who Niall Boylan is....I'd forgotten that radio station exists :pac:

I googled him myself to see what everybody was talking about. Jesus he looks woeful. I found this link about it https://www.belgraviacentre.com/blog/irish-dj-niall-boylan-opens-up-about-his-hair-loss-history/

i found this paragraph particularly funny
    Instead, the replacement system is effectively an advanced form of wig which is surgically-bonded to his scalp and does not come off. Despite its realistic appearance, the DJ says he is still not happy with his current hair loss solution as he constantly worries about it, citing his appearance as the reason he chose to work in radio rather than TV.

In what world is his wig "realistic"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭donegal_man

...In what world is his wig "realistic"?

To be fair, it's very realistic in so far as it looks exactly like a wig

To be fair, it's very realistic in so far as it looks exactly like a wig

that made me snort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I googled him myself to see what everybody was talking about. Jesus he looks woeful. I found this link about it https://www.belgraviacentre.com/blog/irish-dj-niall-boylan-opens-up-about-his-hair-loss-history/

i found this paragraph particularly funny

In what world is his wig "realistic"?

I just googled him too. I was not expecting that!

Antares35 wrote: »

I've seen shag pile carpets that looked more like hair than whatever he has stuck to his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

People spraying cleaning products on the table while I'm having my lunch. Could you wait until I am finished?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Same here, why would you do that to yourself

My TA is phone cases I ordered before Christmas still haven’t arrived and I’m waiting on a response from the company as to why

I got myself banned from the Facebook mother's group for "bad behaviour". I hope they don't confiscate my baby. :D

I'd been thinking about leaving for ages anyway since they're a constant source of TAs with their squabbling about breast v formula, when to wean, whether or not to vaccinate. Yawn. Imagine if there was a dad's group that went on like that. I'm beyond TA'd that instead of leaving I've given a nipple nazi the satisfaction of booting me out :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Same here, why would you do that to yourself

My TA is phone cases I ordered before Christmas still haven’t arrived and I’m waiting on a response from the company as to why

Did you order them from wish? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I got myself banned from the Facebook mother's group for "bad behaviour". I hope they don't confiscate my baby. :D

I'd been thinking about leaving for ages anyway since they're a constant source of TAs with their squabbling about breast v formula, when to wean, whether or not to vaccinate. Yawn. Imagine if there was a dad's group that went on like that. I'm beyond TA'd that instead of leaving I've given a nipple nazi the satisfaction of booting me out :D

What did you do??

• Advertisement

What did you do??

I had a different opinion to a mod :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Did you order them from wish? :)

No not wish, jellycases is the company, I found them on an ad on Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The dog just rolled in fox poo. She now stinks so she'll be getting an unscheduled wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Antares35 wrote:
    I'd been thinking about leaving for ages anyway since they're a constant source of TAs with their squabbling about breast v formula, when to wean, whether or not to vaccinate. Yawn. Imagine if there was a dad's group that went on like that. I'm beyond TA'd that instead of leaving I've given a nipple nazi the satisfaction of booting me out

Nipple Nazi :pac: :pac: :pac:

Nipple Nazi :pac: :pac: :pac:

It sounds like something you should drink on the beach with a little umbrella and straw in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I had a different opinion to a mod :D

Grrrrr.
    I hate when mods use their position to steer argument in their favoured direction - happens here , too:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Grrrrr. I hate when mods use their position to steer argument in their favoured direction - happens here , too

Mods are just people like me and you. Some are sound and some are gobsh!tes :D

Grrrrr.
    I hate when mods use their position to steer argument in their favoured direction - happens here , too:mad:

You should see some of the "mummy mods" on those Facebook pages. They'd give the gestapo a run for their money. I don't know how their partners put up with them.

Anyone with "baking and sparkling" as their occupation is best given a wide berth, I should have known :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have actually developed a headache from the noise next door. He has been building/sawing/banging/hammering since this morning, and it was the same all day yesterday. I would love to just scream out to him and tell him to shut the noise up but OBVIOUSLY he has a right to do w/e the hell he wants in his own house in broad daylight and that's the major TA for me -- I have to suck it up and deal with it.

Still annoying though.

I'm surprised he hasn't found his way through to my house with the amount of hammering and drilling he's been doing to the walls. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

:D

I think there's something about facebook groups that shows how toxic people can be.

I'm in a beginners art group and someone commented on the fact that work being posted is not beginners standard (it's definitely not) making it very intimidating for actual beginners and the majority are tutors touting for business (ok that was cheeky, but also true).

Well they were absolutely lynched for the comment....told to go off do the certs and diplomas in the topic ,put in the 20 yrs of work they had done ,and then maybe you won't feel intimidated.

.....ah here luv if you are formally educated with 20 yrs experience and still classifying yourself as a beginner...when do you gain intermediate status :)

But I wouldn't touch a mum and baby group....they would be horrified by my laziness :D life is too short :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Niall Boylan -[again]
    When i have had the unfortunate chance of listening to him he always reminds me of those fat overweight racist taxi drivers that you get sometimes.

He just talks and talks and never lets anyone get a word in edgeways.

:D

I think there's something about facebook groups that shows how toxic people can be.

I'm in a beginners art group and someone commented on the fact that work being posted is not beginners standard (it's definitely not) making it very intimidating for actual beginners and the majority are tutors touting for business (ok that was cheeky, but also true).

Well they were absolutely lynched for the comment....told to go off do the certs and diplomas in the topic ,put in the 20 yrs of work they had done ,and then maybe you won't feel intimidated.

.....ah here luv if you are formally educated with 20 yrs experience and still classifying yourself as a beginner...when do you gain intermediate status :)

But I wouldn't touch a mum and baby group....they would be horrified by my laziness :D life is too short :D

Sounds like there might be some member crossover!

They wouldn't mind your laziness once you tell them you "exclusively breastfeed". You could be an alcoholic, abusive, neglectful parent who drugs your child to sleep and leaves it in a playground swing for hours while you go off with the girls - once you "EBF" as they say, all else is forgiven. Urgh, TA these groups!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

dubstarr wrote: »
    Niall Boylan -[again]
    When i have had the unfortunate chance of listening to him he always reminds me of those fat overweight racist taxi drivers that you get sometimes.

He just talks and talks and never lets anyone get a word in edgeways.

I just got an idea. I think I’ll call his show tomorrow with a topic for him, and see if he’ll give it air time.

The topic?

“ Wig wearing ****”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You should see some of the "mummy mods" on those Facebook pages. They'd give the gestapo a run for their money. I don't know how their partners put up with them.

Anyone with "baking and sparkling" as their occupation is best given a wide berth, I should have known :D

My sister in law is part of a few different 'new mother' groups, and was the first in the family to have a kid so it was very much a new experience. Unfortunately, she is over in the UK and thus hasn't the hands-on assistance of her own mammy or family to help her.

Apparently the baby is a divil to feed, and she wants to try formula so she can get more sleep while Daddy can feed or whatever. But some of the toxic members of said groups are essentially bullying her, telling her that she simply can't approach it that way, to the point where she is completely at her wit's end with it all whenever she zoom calls.

It's amazing how women could give birth for millenia without such modern-day scrutiny. You wonder how their partner's put up with them: by manipulation, simple as.

Anyway, my TA: overheard a teenage girl in Tesco earlier, after looking at her phone, saying to her brother/BF whatever he is: 'Yeay, I am officially Covid free'. Which begs the question, why she was in the shop to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

DCC not granting extensions on the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loans despite house viewing not allowed for the past several weeks and for the forseeable. Grrrrrrrr.

My sister in law is part of a few different 'new mother' groups, and was the first in the family to have a kid so it was very much a new experience. Unfortunately, she is over in the UK and thus hasn't the hands-on assistance of her own mammy or family to help her.

Apparently the baby is a divil to feed, and she wants to try formula so she can get more sleep while Daddy can feed or whatever. But some of the toxic members of said groups are essentially bullying her, telling her that she simply can't approach it that way, to the point where she is completely at her wit's end with it all whenever she zoom calls.

It's amazing how women could give birth for millenia without such modern-day scrutiny. You wonder how their partner's put up with them: by manipulation, simple as.

Anyway, my TA: overheard a teenage girl in Tesco earlier, after looking at her phone, saying to her brother/BF whatever he is: 'Yeay, I am officially Covid free'. Which begs the question, why she was in the shop to begin with?

They should be ashamed of themselves for making other mothers feel like that. I regret that I really let it get to me to, to the point that I got really depressed about "only" breastfeeding to eight months, when the purists were pushing for two years. There's so much more to being a mother but the dogma of the pro BF brigade is actually quite strong, but the problem is it's masqueraded as concern, encouragement etc. At one point I was told not to have emergency formula in the house in case I was "tempted" to take the easy way out, as if anything about keeping a newborn alive is easy :D

TA is there a Jurassic weapon in every company, that is completely useless but holds onto documents etc. and won't release them to others on request without a big hoo-ha to make themselves feel important? :(

Read an article on rte about walkers letting their dogs off lead and them chasing sheep, and the devastating effect that can have. One of the farmers interviewed said a sheep of his was heavily pregnant and had her leg broken in two places. Ok I know they're farmers and their sheep aren't pets, but what TAd me is he said the effects were "emotionally devastating" and then went on to say "she's only good for the factory now" - ok so by emotionally devastating you mean financially. Also I just feel really sorry for the sheep. I mean, I eat meat (not lamb though) so I don't want to be a hypocrite but just thinking about this particular sheep heavily pregnant and her leg broken and being sent off to slaughter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't think I've ever joined a Facebook group that I didn't leave about 5 minutes later due to the incessant stream of stupid questions that 1.7 nanoseconds on Google would have answered.

I think the Slow Cooker one was the worst. Literally pages and pages of "Can I do [insert item spectacularly and obviously unsuitable for slow cooking] in the slow cooker???"

I think my one and only post was suggesting that the question people should really be asking wasn't "Can I" but rather "Should I?" when it came to what they could put in their slow cookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Day from hell. My neighbour was gone for a month and is back about 24 hours and all he has done is bang doors over and over. I mean really slamming them and they are big thick fire doors. He does fck all else anyway, God help anyone might actually go to college or get some kind of job for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I said to herself this morning "any cereal there" I put it into the press she says, so I go looking for it and find it. All I find is some sh!te that looks like rabbit food. We clearly have a different understanding of cereal. I meant like coco pops or something

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement