Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

St Bridget's day bank holiday bollocksology.

Obviously one of our elected representatives with time on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

“Rory’s Stories”

Almost as funny as Mrs Brownes Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Always thought they were unnecessary until I got one, great little thing

I found it great too, just the noise is annoying!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

St Bridget's day bank holiday bollocksology.

Obviously one of our elected representatives with time on their hands.

Personally, I've absolutely no objections against another day off.

New Home wrote: »
    Personally, I've absolutely no objections against another day off.

In dreary February though. Stuff that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Duvet day, with book, music and breakfast in bed! :)

Tell you what, if you really don't want your bank holiday, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

New Home wrote: »
    Duvet day, with book, music and breakfast in bed! :)

A few months of those they lose their appeal. Glad to have a job to go to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Unfortunately the employer would have to pay for it, thus putting up costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

When something is marked at half price at the supermarket but you are charged full price at the checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I want to buy something off Amazon and it's coming in at just over €22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Got home from work and see four big boxes in hallway, herself bought a media unit about 7 foot wide and 5 foot high, of course I've to try put this monstrosity together now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Got home from work and see four big boxes in hallway, herself bought a media unit about 7 foot wide and 5 foot high, of course I've to try put this monstrosity together now

I'd be handing her the screwdriver to put together. :D

spookwoman wrote: »

She'll have a lump of timber fired her way if she doesn't stop with the "are you sure that goes there" and also two dogs and a cat for added annoyance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

spookwoman wrote: »

No . Believe me it’s easy and safer for you to just put it up and say nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Unfortunately the employer would have to pay for it, thus putting up costs.

Apt username is apt.

My TA is that I have to go get a blood pressure test today to continue getting my contraceptive pill prescriptions. I understand that the regular checkup is a good thing but right now? In the middle of a pandemic? When there's no history of high blood pressure and I've been on these tablets for the last 5 years? And, most importantly, when it's pissing rain outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Emails from companies that try to justify price increases as being for your own good:
    Dear customer, we are putting up our prices because we want to make things better for you, reasons ... blah blah ...
    Would respect them more if they just said they aren’t making enough money at current prices so have to put them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Emails from companies that try to justify price increases as being for your own good:
    Dear customer, we are putting up our prices because we want to make things better for you, reasons ... blah blah ...
    Would respect them more if they just said they aren’t making enough money at current prices so have to put them up.

I can go one further - DoneDeal jacked up prices for ads and gave 'loyal' customers a 'discount' on that higher price (which was still dearer than the original price) :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Closing a photo in the new Facebook web design happens slowly enough you click twice thinking it didn't happen the first time. But it did. And now you've clicked the Facebook logo and gone to the homepage :mad:

Clicking a video to play doesn't automatically unmute it :pac:

In fairness to RTE, they fixed the problem where clicking mute then clicking again wouldn't close the volume, but jack it up to the highest setting :eek:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

To whoever is constantly complaining about Hollys Willoughby and co's attire. Any day soon, I suspect every woman on TV will have to dress in a top hat and tails. Like I mean of all the things that could be complained about...

Dan.

To whoever is constantly complaining about Hollys Willoughby and co's attire. Any day soon, I suspect every woman on TV will have to dress in a top hat and tails. Like I mean of all the things that could be complained about...

Of all the things to complain about. Complaining about people complaining
    About Holly Willoughby’s attire.

Sorry, couldn’t resist😉😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The scrutiny that female presenters are under for their physical appearance is unreal. No one seems to care how male presenters dress but will actually start threads here to slag off Miriam O Callahan over how she dresses!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Working on a piece that seems NEVER.FREAKING.ENDING!

The other ta is that not that long but feels like I'm writing War and Peace.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I've discovered the boots I use for work have started letting water in, horrible feeling of wet socks for the rest of the day now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Dry weather for weeks on end when I was sat at home with nothing to do.

The one day when I want to clear out a room and transfer all the junk into a storage unit, thus edging one step closer to moving in with the missus, and it's pissing down all morning.

Fecking typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My computer, particularly on Google Chrome, underlines words like "realise" and "colour" as a spelling mistake. I know my way around a computer but yet somehow I can't find a way to stop my Chrome thinking I'm an American.

[update] literally just found out how to fix it. The point still stands, this was obviously set by default.
    Google, don't be defaulting to thinking all users are Yanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that DPD texted me this morning saying my new coat would be delivered between 9 and 10am. Yet here we are, heading for 1pm, and I remain coatless...

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The fact that DPD texted me this morning saying my new coat would be delivered between 9 and 10am. Yet here we are, heading for 1pm, and I remain coatless...

They are an absolute catastrophe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Dial Hard wrote:

They'll say they tried to deliver as if nobody was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A relative of mine ''I'm not getting a vaccine because I read on article on facebook''.
    So, it can't be safe.
    Same person buys prescription drugs online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

I just found my first actual grey hair, a big glinty silvery thing in my otherwise boring brown hair

Not even sure is it a TA, maybe I'll go full Storm with it, who knows.

Or Cruella.. probably more Cruella in fairness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement