Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been fined and will you pay?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Again, you haven't shown anything. Please at least try and back up your opinion. Find something that says domestic recycling is a valid reason to leave your home.

Stop with the circumvention of what has been said to you by multiple posters now. The recycling centres are open as they are considered essential therefore it is reasonable to go to the recycling centres. The NCT centres are open and considered essential and have it stated on their website that going to the NCT is considered an essential journey. Both are not in your list - what does that prove - it proves your list comes from GOV.ie not the act of legislation - find the act and show the full list. Good look by the way as its part of multiple acts amended.

PS again you have proved you cannot admit when your logic is flawed and continue to push back on opinions that do not suit yours.

SmartinMartin you might want to read the post above by eleprello

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

So your answer is No, you can't find anything that says that domestic recycling is a valid reason to leave your home. That's what I thought. I'll finish at that, because trying to reason with an idiot is futile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

. The recycling centres are open as they are considered essential therefore it is reasonable to go to the recycling centres.

Can you see any possible flaw in this reasoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

SmartinMartin you might want to read the post above by eleprello

He's right though lol, it still doesn't say you can go. Gnight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭elperello

So your answer is No, you can't find anything that says that domestic recycling is a valid reason to leave your home. That's what I thought. I'll finish at that, because trying to reason with an idiot is futile.

I'm feeling a bit left out here.

Have you seen my last post above.

Would you concede that it implies that domestic recycling is a valid reason to leave your home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hope Gemma and her followers get fined.

Thanks for calling me an idiot - proof you cannot debate without name calling and bullying.

Proof is Statutory Instrument No. 701 of 2020

I'll let you find the section hint its (V) - allowed to access an essential service.

sic probatur

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Grave Grave Grave my uncle is buried here, by aunt here etc. Can I go on my way, Oh tnks bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

mikeym wrote: »
    Hope Gemma and her followers get fined.

She would only play the martyr. Is better off ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Waldo99

So, anyone actually been fined, as per post title?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

I think some people are missing the point about essential/non essential. Just because an essential service is open ( recycling centre) doesn't mean you are allowed to attend it. You must have a valid, essential reason. It really is quite simple, if you are bringing a few cans down cos they look unsightly around the house..... non essential. If you are bringing waste food to a composting area because it stinks and is attracting vermin..... essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

What?

The government has cut me from circa 800- 950 per week take home to 350 per week take home this month by leaving the airports open (from March in general, over Christmas in particular). You think I should stay out of the North because "we're all in this together"? You think I should part with an extra 200- 300 because of the negligible risk of catching Covid up there?

Car maintenance is an essential trip. It isn't my problem the government leaves the trade unregulated and therefore I had to travel for it.

The "government" didn't cut your wages. Corona virus did. The government is giving you money and you're lucky. I was told to stop making money, drop clients (that have cut their payments to me) to avail of the PUP. I'd be better off claiming PUP, but I'm hanging on to the clients I have in the hope that things will improve in the future.

What's slowing this improvement is the likes of you and your sense of entitlement and importance. You travelled 100k to a highly infected area to get an oil change and brake shoes from Dublin where there's dozens of high end indy mechanics and work shops that could carry out that basic maintenence for less money than you payed within your 5k limit.

Shop local. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Ronin247 wrote: »
    I think some people are missing the point about essential/non essential. Just because an essential service is open ( recycling centre) doesn't mean you are allowed to attend it. You must have a valid, essential reason. It really is quite simple, if you are bringing a few cans down cos they look unsightly around the house..... non essential. If you are bringing waste food to a composting area because it stinks and is attracting vermin..... essential.

I know someone working in a credit union that is open for essential reasons. They are pulling their hair out as people are still coming in with totally non essential stuff like their 10 euro weekly deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

niallo27 wrote: »
    8 checkpoints, is that 4 one way and back or 8 on the way down. I haven't met one yet in clare and limerick.

4 each way. All of them were in Cork although we were on the motorway going through Clare and Limerick so didn't come across any

Akrasia wrote: »
    4 each way. All of them were in Cork although we were on the motorway going through Clare and Limerick so didn't come across any

That's only 4 checkpoints then. If you go through a checkpoint, realised you forgot your wallet, u-turn go through the checkpoint again, get your wallet and meet the checkpoint again on the way back; it's still only 1 checkpoint.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Think all those who try to get away without paying should be corralled together in an enclosed establishment without air conditioning.....

:pac:

Beasty wrote: »
    Think all those who try to get away without paying should be corralled together in an enclosed establishment without air conditioning.....

:pac:

HomeStore+More?

Couldn't stir out today for my weekly drive fupping snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

HBC08 wrote: »
    I go outside the 5k almost everyday,I regularly meet the Gards.
    Anybody who actually gets a fine is acting the pr1ck and deserves it.

I'm told I will get a fine by a member who decided I shouldn't be more than 5km from my home, I was working for a national newspaper on shift and out doing my job,

I was respectful at all times to the Garda and he was with me, I explained to him that I was a photographer on shift and the job was to find people enjoying the snow, I ad previously travelled to lusk too photography as building and a fatal crash scene, I was also in Dublin city centre and passed 2 checkpoints there, after my encounter with the Garda in the Wicklow mountains, I went through 3more checkpoints and not a bother.

So don't tell me that it's the people getting the fines that are acting the pr1cks , if he does send a fine, I won't be paying it.

Unfortunately for me I came across one Garda who seemed intent on giving a fine to whomever crossed his path, as a member of the media I am considered an essential worker, I do not choose where to go on my day, I am sent by a picture desk.

• Advertisement

I'm told I will get a fine by a member who decided I shouldn't be more than 5km from my home, I was working for a national newspaper on shift and out doing my job,

I was respectful at all times to the Garda and he was with me, I explained to him that I was a photographer on shift and the job was to find people enjoying the snow, I ad previously travelled to lusk too photography as building and a fatal crash scene, I was also in Dublin city centre and passed 2 checkpoints there, after my encounter with the Garda in the Wicklow mountains, I went through 3more checkpoints and not a bother.

So don't tell me that it's the people getting the fines that are acting the pr1cks , if he does send a fine, I won't be paying it.

Unfortunately for me I came across one Garda who seemed intent on giving a fine to whomever crossed his path, as a member of the media I am considered an essential worker, I do not choose where to go on my day, I am sent by a picture desk.

Do you have ID/Press pass/letter though? To demonstrate that?

I'm a photographer too (albeit haven't done photojournalism in a while) but I've letter and business cards from those I'm working for if I'm out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Do you have ID/Press pass/letter though? To demonstrate that?

I'm a photographer too (albeit haven't done photojournalism in a while) but I've letter and business cards from those I'm working for if I'm out and about.

Yes, it was the first thing that I show at ALL checkpoints, I pass at least 1 a day, he took the ID and walked around checking the tax/insurance/NCT (all in order) then he asked for my driving licence.

I told him I'm a photographer and he could see the laptop and two camera bodies and lenses on the passenger seat.

If he had any doubt about my bona fides he didn't mention it to me, i explained that I was sent to get pics of people in the snow.

I have been working in photojournalism for about 20yrs and this Garda has really bugged me because he simply didn't listen to me.

If he does follow through with the fine, it won't be paid and if necessary I will goto court (which is a waste of my time and the Garda ...and the court)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 andrewflintoff

Be that as it may, the cycle can likewise at last be utilized if the fine is from a less genuine "encroachment notice", like a stopping or speeding ticket. In the event that you haven't paid the ticket inside the time permitted by an update notice, the fine at that point gets moved to the courts for them to uphold. From that point it's treated as though you'd been given the fine by an adjudicator in court in any case – you're allowed an additional a month to pay, and in the event that you don't, the courts can make a move, for example, holding onto your property.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

No and I havent broke the rules since the start.

But after April 1st I'm not going to be bound by any rules. I've had enough of it all. The government/EU should have everyone vaccinated in the risk category by then. All I ever hear is how the bad and corrupt the US,Israel and the UK are. So the great EU has no excuse.

I think most people will feel the same. People cant take much more of this.

No most people do not feel the same. Far from it, I don't know anyone who would give up within sight of the finishing line....

Imagine having to explain how you know that a solution was insight, but you ignored it and that's how you caught / passed on the virus.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Calling John Waters and Gemma o Doherty...

Surely these people are fake right wingers? They appear to be a manifestation of the worst stereotypes imaginable. If FF decided to hire a couple of boogie people to keep people from veering to the right they'd be perfect candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Surely these people are fake right wingers? They appear to be a manifestation of the worst stereotypes imaginable. If FF decided to hire a couple of boogie people to keep people from veering to the right they'd be perfect candidates.
    I’ve no idea what wing Waters is from. He’s mainly a contrarian. He was an atheist when they were uncommon, now he’s an old school catholic because they’re on the wane.

Now he’s turned his focus to being on the wrong side of history on covid and most issues he looks at, just to be edgy. Becoming obviously irrelevant is probably tough on the ego.

I think his contempt for people means he opposes whatever the majority are doing. I wouldn’t associate him with either wing, he’s just an arsehole.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's about the best summation of Waters I've read.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Yes, it was the first thing that I show at ALL checkpoints, I pass at least 1 a day, he took the ID and walked around checking the tax/insurance/NCT (all in order) then he asked for my driving licence.

I told him I'm a photographer and he could see the laptop and two camera bodies and lenses on the passenger seat.

If he had any doubt about my bona fides he didn't mention it to me, i explained that I was sent to get pics of people in the snow.

I have been working in photojournalism for about 20yrs and this Garda has really bugged me because he simply didn't listen to me.

If he does follow through with the fine, it won't be paid and if necessary I will goto court (which is a waste of my time and the Garda ...and the court)

Feel sorry for you, hopefully its just a one off wank5r of a guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Can't believe people are arguing over someone going 500 metres to a recycling centre. Common sense is gone out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Power corrupts

Advertisement