Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Does anyone think a generation of opioid addiction might have something to to with the sheer level of wingnut, crackpotery that is abroad in the USA? You can only "gaslight" people who are credulous enough to be so fooled and millions have been strung out on these substances for years.
    Nope, look at who's been arrested to date for the Capitol hill riots. They are not exactly your opiod addicted people looking to steal to get high for the day. We're talking people with very very well paid jobs, CEOs, people flying (some in private jets) in to Washington simply to participate in the rally (on a working day!). These are not "working class" Americans; these are wealthy spoiled white brats who can't accept that they lost in the exact same vein as Trump and think they should be treated differently because they are white "patriots" who can't understand why they would be stopped going in "as police should stop the black people, not us".

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

No presidential powers to hide behind now Don, sucks to be you.

LOCK HIM UP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Garth Brooks just hugged a lot of people without a mask :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Detritus70 wrote: »

Saw that, and handshakes. Gob****e.

Anyone else watching just to make sure it's really happening?
    Even Pence applauding at the end of Biden's speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Covid19

Nody wrote: »
    Nope, look at who's been arrested to date for the Capitol hill riots. They are not exactly your opiod addicted people looking to steal to get high for the day. We're talking people with very very well paid jobs, CEOs, people flying (some in private jets) in to Washington simply to participate in the rally (on a working day!). These are not "working class" Americans; these are wealthy spoiled white brats who can't accept that they lost in the exact same vein as Trump and think they should be treated differently because they are white "patriots" who can't understand why they would be stopped going in "as police should stop the black people, not us".

I can assure you, that the majority of people on Coedine and other Opiods are exactly the professionals and the well off.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well the people had gloves on.

This is like a return to sanity.
    But the amount of touching and hugging at that event. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

In fairness, as has been pointed out by many posters over the last few months, it's not that 74 million American's don't think so, probably only 20% are firmly in that camp... the rest simply don't care enough to not vote along party lines.

That's at least as frightening.

That fascism can come to country because most of the political base of one half of the country aren't arsed enough is pretty remarkable in itself.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

That won't be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

This is like a return to sanity.
    But the amount of touching and hugging at that event. :rolleyes:

I think everyone had to have been tested before allowed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Doesn't matter. They can still go and touch their faces with infected gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

He's not big on social graces ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

christ what a 4 years of this clown. it's staggering the amount of crimes, attempted crimes and pure nastiness this guy has managed to squeeze into a single presidency. a man who clearly only ran to get more publicity for his tv shows and accidentally won the thing before realizing he had somehow acquired a genuine cult who would refuse to acknowledge even a single wrongdoing. a man whose sole driving force is personal attention and adoration.

hopefully the capitol riots are a turning point for america and the populist experiment can be put firmly in the dustbin of history although sadly i think there's a blueprint there for much more dangerous people in the decades to come.

dilallio wrote: »
    He's not big on social graces ....

He's the patron saint of Linedancing in Ireland. :D

Hurrache wrote: »
    I think everyone had to have been tested before allowed in.

I would have that much faith, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Any word about DJT?

His narcissism is obviously taking a battering in Florida.

Doesn't matter. They can still go and touch their faces with infected gloves

Well ABC news have confirmed that everyone at the inauguration was tested within the last 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The Chinese government has just announced sanctions against 28 of Trump's associates/team including Bannon, Peter Navarro, Pompeo, John Bolton and Kelly Craft. They or their family members cannot set foot in China, nor carry out any business in China (and by extension work for any business that operates in China). The reason being cited is that they had "made “crazy moves” that harmed U.S.-China ties".

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

prawnsambo wrote: »
    The Chinese government has just announced sanctions against 28 of Trump's associates/team including Bannon, Peter Navarro, Pompeo, John Bolton and Kelly Craft. They or their family members cannot set foot in China, nor carry out any business in China (and by extension work for any business that operates in China). The reason being cited is that they had "made “crazy moves” that harmed U.S.-China ties".

But not Trump himself or the Trump Organisation it would seem.

How does that work?

Is there some International convention about not sanctioning a head of state or something?

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »

How does that work?

Is there some International convention about not sanctioning a head of state or something?

Whether the trump family can set foot in China is probably the least of their worries in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

prawnsambo wrote: »

That alone could knock Pompeo's own Political ambitions back significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Quin_Dub wrote: »

How does that work?

I suspect it's respect for the office of president rather than any international protocols. I reckon if Trump turns up there, or any of his family, they'll be made feel as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

They probably all got vaccinated . Garth Brooks net worth is like 8 billion dollars, no way has he not got access to some of that sweet vaccine, probably got it a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

They probably all got vaccinated . Garth Brooks net worth is like 8 billion dollars, no way has he not got access to some of that sweet vaccine, probably got it a year ago.

I think your estimate is slightly exaggerated there but yeah definitely would have to have been clean to be let into that little party today.

I think your estimate is slightly exaggerated there but yeah definitely would have to have been clean to be let into that little party today.

As I said a few posts up abc news confirmed that everyone at the inauguration was tested(and presumably got a negative test) within the last 48 hours in order to attend. No way the US government would allow the inauguration to become a super spreader event.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

How do you even begin bringing people like this to some version of reality

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/l1cp1f/maga_woman_has_a_breakdown_over_biden_being/

Are most Trumpists this deeply invested in the cult?

How do you even begin bringing people like this to some version of reality

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/l1cp1f/maga_woman_has_a_breakdown_over_biden_being/

Are most Trumpists this deeply invested in the cult?

Jesus h Christ that was an intense minute of video. I don’t know how you bring people like that along. What flag did Biden mention ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

No idea what the flag comment is about tbh.

But I feel that the more hardcore part of the Trump spectrum is looking like Jim Jones on a national scale. Waking up from the fever dream isn't going to happen easily.

• Advertisement

No idea what the flag comment is about tbh.

But I feel that the more hardcore part of the Trump spectrum is looking like Jim Jones on a national scale. Waking up from the fever dream isn't going to happen easily.

And I don’t think it’s great that some on social media seem to be taking joy in the video. That’s not funny that’s a very sad video.

Advertisement