Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's just icing on the cake that he is quoting a Fox News piece as his supporting evidence. They truly don't get it.

There's a great compare and contrast short video on their first conferences.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1352060159321845765?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Trumps crowd love to call everyone snowflakes but they are generally the biggest criers, victims going.

Sean Spicer is an embarrassment. He's trying to be hostile and combative in that above video but you just can't take him seriously. Scrappy do like. I'll never forget his even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons comment.

Kayleigh McEnany was the worst of the lot. She has zero credibility. In the past she described his Mexican comments as racist and that he wasn't a Republican. How you go from that to knowingly lying every time you open your mouth for him is quite the reversal. Poisonous people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Trumps crowd love to call everyone snowflakes but they are generally the biggest criers, victims going.

Sean Spicer is an embarrassment. He's trying to be hostile and combative in that above video but you just can't take him seriously. Scrappy do like. I'll never forget his even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons comment.

Kayleigh McEnany was the worst of the lot. She has zero credibility. In the past she described his Mexican comments as racist and that he wasn't a Republican. How you go from that to knowingly lying every time you open your mouth for him is quite the reversal. Poisonous people.

Not often you have more than 4 times as many comments as likes on a tweet. Which demonstrates how people disagree with Sean's view on that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

And a fitting reaction to the new administration coming from Sean Spicer. Like his former boss, whinging that the Press were being unfair to him.

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/1352339438446268417

You'd swear he wasn't there the day he came out for the first press conference with his 'Biggest inauguration crowd ever. Period' statement. That lead Kellyanne Conway to use her infamous 'alternative facts' statement a couple days later. And astonishingly, they all went downhill from there.

It's just icing on the cake that he is quoting a Fox News piece as his supporting evidence. They truly don't get it.

Its really ludicrous that a grown man takes to a social media platform to post this kind of tripe.

What a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You come down with a severe case of the Lindsay Graham’s. it’s symptoms are occasional bouts of mind numbing hypocrisy, with a constant desire to be near power. If left untreated you turn into an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'

At this point, if a Republican said that the Democrats were using child immigrants to ferry bags of cocaine from Columbia, through Mexico, and in to the United States. I'd be like 'Hang on, you're using child immigrants to ferry bags of cocaine from Columbia, through Mexico, and in to the United States. Aren't you? and they'd probably nod their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The House is sending the Trump Impeachment article to the Senate on Monday. That might mean an accord has been reached between the GOP Senators and the House Speaker that they are happy that Trump has got a legal team ready to be present in the senate to receive a copy of the impeachment charge sheet. I'm hoping that it means there'll be an expedited trial for the accused and a faster end to the stress he's putting all of the U.S through.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2021/jan/22/joe-biden-covid-coronavirus-strategy-donald-trump-impeachment-kamala-harris-live?page=with:block-600afe668f084eb8eab7e675

• Registered Users Posts: 21,192 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Don't think McConnell and Schumer have agreed, but this forces McConnell to agree as by default it would start on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,804 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Amazing how quiet and powerless Trump suddenly is without twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Water John wrote: »
    Don't think McConnell and Schumer have agreed, but this forces McConnell to agree as by default it would start on Tuesday.

McConnell is saying he wants a two week delay to allow Trump to get his defense organised. I guess what he really wants is to get enough repubs onside to properly drive a stake through Trumps heart so he never rises again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Amazing how quiet and powerless Trump suddenly is without twitter

You would almost miss him ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

And a fitting reaction to the new administration coming from Sean Spicer. Like his former boss, whinging that the Press were being unfair to him.

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/1352339438446268417

You'd swear he wasn't there the day he came out for the first press conference with his 'Biggest inauguration crowd ever. Period' statement. That lead Kellyanne Conway to use her infamous 'alternative facts' statement a couple days later. And astonishingly, they all went downhill from there.

Maybe I am not on twitter enough - but that is truely the most pathetic tweet I have ever seen.
    If this is the type of folk Trump hired - no wonder the whole presidency was such a sh*tshow

Just watched Biden's address to the nation on CNN. As he left the rostrum, a reporter asked him about the Trump senate trial and he sidestepped it by saying something about the senate instead then speaking about the items he signed 2 executive orders on. I guess he's avoiding touching it and accidentally ruining whatever Mitch and Chuck are arranging - what is senate business is the business of the senate, period.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Sand

There is a ton of 'content creators' on various forms of social media and mainstream media that certainly are missing him. Donald Trump is a private citizen since the 20th. Yet the 'Trump reacts' media like this thread continue to gasp for oxygen, performing outrage by rote with increasingly less material to justify their existence by.

It's over. It's done. Let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Sand wrote: »
    There is a ton of 'content creators' on various forms of social media and mainstream media that certainly are missing him. Donald Trump is a private citizen since the 20th. Yet the 'Trump reacts' media like this thread continue to gasp for oxygen, performing outrage by rote with increasingly less material to justify their existence by.

A - People are reveling in the fact that he is gone. It is refreshing.
    B - I think people should be allowed to continue to do so for the same amount of time as Fox stayed talking about Hillary after she was beaten in 2016 and given they lead with that on the night of the inauguration, I think you've a while to go yet before you stop seeing people laugh at Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump talked about Clinton and Obama for four years, Now all of a sudden we are told by Trumps supporters we should forget it and "let it go" :pac:

Trump talked about Clinton and Obama for four years, Now all of a sudden we are told by Trumps supporters we should forget it and "let it go" :pac:

Trump supporter?

This is why it's pointless to contribute to these threads. People are so committed to the trees, they cant conceive of the existence of a forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump supporter?

This is why it's pointless to contribute to these threads. People are so committed to the trees, they cant conceive of the existence of a forest.

The old saying "if it quacks like a duck" springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,365 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Trump isn't going to retire to play golf, eat burgers, drink cola and sleep. He's going to be on each and every chat show that will have him. He'll be out stoking up his lunatic followers and getting them to subscribe. That's when he isn't in court defending himself against a plethora of lawsuits. It's not over, it's not done, hang on tight. Series 2 is just beginning. Grab some popcorn.

• Advertisement

The old saying "if it quacks like a duck" springs to mind.

Apparently a CBS News/YouGov poll finds that 54% of Americans believe the greatest threat to America is other Americans. Amazing how a whole country has been gaslighted into hating and mistrusting their countrymen. Almost by rote every US leader promises to unify the nation, whilst achieving office by stoking divisions.

As I said, in such a context of "Friend=Good, Enemy=Bad" that prevails in the US it is almost pointless to offer any objective opinion that doesn't subscribe to that narrative.

Oh well, the decline of the US will serve as an abject lesson for observers if nothing else.

Trump isn't going to retire to play golf, eat burgers, drink cola and sleep. He's going to be on each and every chat show that will have him. He'll be out stoking up his lunatic followers and getting them to subscribe. That's when he isn't in court defending himself against a plethora of lawsuits. It's not over, it's not done, hang on tight. Series 2 is just beginning. Grab some popcorn.

So none. Zero.

No really, its over.

So none. Zero.

No really, its over.

No, really, it's not. He doesn't have a choice.

No, really, it's not. He doesn't have a choice.

They're going to force him to go on chat shows? Doubt it.

They're going to force him to go on chat shows? Doubt it.

His egotism will demand nothing less but that he is in the spotlight constantly. He has no choice but to deal with the lawsuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yeah but you see it's not over.

Are you purposely ignoring that he has an impeachment trial coming up in a couple of weeks? It's quite a big deal tbh

So none. Zero.

No really, its over.

It'll be over when Don Trump senior stands up in the senate and says "I was the captain of my fate, no one else and I will have no further act, part or deed in U.S. political life". As long as he continues to provide statements of comfort for those who think he may resurrect himself in political life in the future, he is denying himself retirement into private life. He can, between now and the trial, stand up and own up to his part in the deeds which occurred at the Capitol.

Anyone who thinks Don has undergone a "Road to Damascus" conversion in personal attitude since the 6th Jan Capitol assault on U.S national political life should provide the evidence they base their belief on, it might serve to persuade his Senate detractors [GOP and Democrat] from finding him guilty as charged in his future trial there.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Yeah but you see it's not over.

Are you purposely ignoring that he has an impeachment trial coming up in a couple of weeks? It's quite a big deal tbh

It really isnt. The only consequence of impeachment is being removed from office and being barred from securing future offices. He is already out of office and no chance of securing future office. He has completely destroyed whatever base of support he had remaining. He has no media access. The man cant even open a Twitter account.

Impeachment is just circus to distract the masses. It has no meaningful consequence. It's done. Its over.

I feel like the guy who had to persuade Hiroo Onoda in 1974 that WW2 was over. Do I need to go find your commanding officer to tell you its okay to stand down?

It really isnt. The only consequence of impeachment is being removed from office and being barred from securing future offices. He is already out of office and no chance of securing future office. He has completely destroyed whatever base of support he had remaining. He has no media access. The man cant even open a Twitter account.

Impeachment is just circus to distract the masses. It has no meaningful consequence. It's done. Its over.

I feel like the guy who had to persuade Hiroo Onoda in 1974 that WW2 was over. Do I need to go find your commanding officer to tell you its okay to stand down?

Well, given the multitude of posters disagreeing with you, maybe you need to look in the mirror. You might see Hiroo Onada.

• Advertisement

Well, given the multitude of posters disagreeing with you, maybe you need to look in the mirror. You might see Hiroo Onada.

Well, the multitude disagreed with Galileo and deplatformed him. But he was right despite being in the minority.

Advertisement