Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Uncharted wrote: »
    But so is my Yorkshire terrier.

His name is Pickle, by the way.

Colour ?? :)

He is better than tubridy

As I've said many times now I'd prefer to see Ryan in a Mánchan Magan type of role. There's tons of scope in that. I also like when John Creedon does his trips around Ireland. Ryan could expand to Scotland, Cornwall, etc. talking about the culture etc.The south west of Scotland has more bookshops than almost anywhere of its populace, could be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Colour ?? :)

Black and gold :)

Uncharted wrote: »
    Black and gold :)

As he matures he'll be silver and gold. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Backseat modding here, one week ban for Gormdubhgorm.

Any more posts trolling other posters, backseat modding, etc will get you a ban. Stick to discussion show/presentation/RTE/what's on the radio. Any real opinion, and back it up. I thought I had made it all VERY CLEAR to posters here.

Another ban for daring for to have a different view to the angry mob. Think I'll unfollow and leave you all to your echo chamber. Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Another ban for daring for to have a different view to the angry mob. Think I'll unfollow and leave you all to your echo chamber. Enjoy!

•Nothing• to do with different opinion of Ryan Tubridy Show, entirely to do with the trolling-style expression of opinion of other posters here that get short bans etc. What can anybody reasonably expect of a mod when coming on spitting feathers at virtually every poster on a thread and not even attempting to actually join in the conversation and engaging in useful persuasion/debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Before you go, you might tell us what you like about the show and give reasons why your hero Tubridy deserves €500,000 a year?

Thank you.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nobody’s complaining this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Heard bits this morning. As others have said, the lack of patronizing lectures is nice.

Tomorrow will see a return to the usual sanctimonious waffle no doubt.

This is a place Ryan could visit on a road trip over on the Stranraer ferry to Scotland's book town. Have been there myself. Besides bookshops there's a Lowland distillery and plenty to visit nearby. Personally I'd thoroughly enjoy watching such on TV.

https://www.wigtown-booktown.co.uk/bookshops/

Not faraway is this outstanding bookshop in Gatehouse-on-Fleet, where I got truly lost:

http://www.millonthefleet.co.uk/

Nearby great places to see:

https://www.rbge.org.uk/visit/logan-botanic-garden/

https://mull-of-galloway.co.uk/

Tons more of all that, including one reason Cat likes this area...

http://www.old-kirkcudbright.net/images-past-and-present/modern-photos/statue-to-ceaser-the-town-cat/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

On with the pontification.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Setting himself up as the voice of the nation again.

Deluded is right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Well at least we now both agree that you know f**k all Tubridy. No more of your "The vaccine is coming, I know it" nonsense.

Well at least we now both agree that you know f**k all Tubridy. No more of your "The vaccine is coming, I know it" nonsense.

He'll be back on that bike before long, Gerry.

No self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Cheerful isn't he?

His fixation with misery is an absolute perversion.

Cheerful isn't he?

His fixation with misery is an absolute perversion.

Fear not, a Macca tune will be along shortly to cheer us up!

I can hear the keyboards thumping in the Montrose canteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Is it possible listening to Tubridy can cause diabetes?
    I've just had a massive sugar overload via the wireless.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Is it possible listening to Tubridy can cause diabetes? I've just had a massive sugar overload via the wireless.

Why not sit down and put your thoughts on paper and send it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

If you didn't know, you'd think it was a sixth year student on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

He's pure partridge! It's brilliant listening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He's surprised he got things wrong. The self-importance of it is astounding.

"I didn't see this coming. I didn't know it would be this bad".

And why would you have known, Ryan? You are not a health professional, you are a professional waffler. You had absolutely no business speculating in the manner that you did.

Here's how it should have been scripted:

"All of what I said over the past year about the pandemic was waffle. I was telling people things I thought they wanted to hear in order to feel important. I was prepared to say anything to the audience in order to portray myself as an authoritative voice on COVID, even though i had no idea what I was talking about".

Reviewing a programme whose name you can’t remember isn’t a good look for a supposedly professional broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

A very beautifully made sensitive documentary that he couldn't even be bothered finding out the name of. What an ignorant man.

He's surprised he got things wrong. The self-importance of it is astounding.

"I didn't see this coming. I didn't know it would be this bad".

And why would you have known, Ryan? You are not a health professional, you are a professional waffler. You had absolutely no business speculating in the manner that you did.

Here's how it should have been scripted:

"All of what I said over the past year about the pandemic was waffle. I was telling people things I thought they wanted to hear in order to feel important. I was prepared to say anything to the audience in order to portray myself as an authoritative voice on COVID, even though i had no idea what I was talking about".

Thank you mistersifter....excellent post

i listened to him for the opening few minutes out of some sick morbid curiosity....i feel physically sick...turned back to lyric fm..

I wont do it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Thank you mistersifter....excellent post

i listened to him for the opening few minutes out of some sick morbid curiosity....i feel physically sick...turned back to lyric fm..

I wont do it again...

Who's the fella in for Marty ?. Jesus he's woeful,had to turn him off at 8 this morning.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    A very beautifully made sensitive documentary that he couldn't even be bothered finding out the name of. What an ignorant man.

Does anybody actually know what the name of it really is? Sounds like it might be worth a watch, inasmuch as I believe anything I see in any documentary nowadays.

Forget Doctor Sara, bring back Luke O'Neill and see if he's changed on the masks again, I've put money on with Paddy Power.

Im actually going to unfollow this thread....i cant do it anymore...

Im sorry...im just so sick of the sanctimonious Father Tubridy preaching....im in such bad mental health after his opening segment.....

I dont want to waste anymore thought or energy pointing out Tubridys flaws to the excellent people of this thread...

Fresh start for 2021....no more Tubridy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Does anybody actually know what the name of it really is? Sounds like it might be worth a watch, inasmuch as I believe anything I see in any documentary nowadays.

"Soal foai glas" he has just been told by someone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement