Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭StevenToast

NIMAN wrote: »
    Did I hear OC say he'll be back on Monday and Tuesday next week?

That's some break Tubs is taking.

I had a licence fee man calling to the door a few weeks ago because the house is a new build and he was looking for a name....

I said "no thanks" and closed the door....

Tubridy on 500k taking holidays like he is a teacher....(teachers deserve their break)

No chance i am contributing to that disgusting level of remuneration for someone so unbelivably undeserving of it....

Imagine getting Covid 19 and then proceeding to lecture the nation weekly on the importance of not getting it....

The neck of him...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

NIMAN wrote: »
    Did I hear OC say he'll be back on Monday and Tuesday next week?

That's some break Tubs is taking.

On top of the week off in November before the toy show and a couple of additional days before Christmas. And then a summer of virtually zero work. And loads of time off before that.

Yet nobody seems bothered about putting an end to this sort of of disgusting entitlement.

I wonder what he would say if anyone ever challenged him on his salary and workload.

I've never seen anyone asking him about it in interviews.

On top of the week off in November before the toy show and a couple of additional days before Christmas. And then a summer of virtually zero work. And loads of time off before that.

Yet nobody seems bothered about putting an end to this sort of of disgusting entitlement.

I wonder what he would say if anyone ever challenged him on his salary and workload.

RTE always argue that they are worth the value of advertising remuneration they garner.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’ve been calling it ouy for years caller for Tubs, but more so Herr Duffy. I’ve been called all sorts of names in here as a result, and subjected to tonnes of personal abuse both on the forum and through PM. Apparently I’m (amongst other things) a begrudger, a loser, psychotic, deranged, obsessed, a stalker, angry, and also have a gang (:confused:). I was recently also pretty much accused of being a paedophile too. Amazing what the defenders of the "top talent" will resort to.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,030 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just wait and hear him telling us about what an amazing christmas he had when he gets back....

Reading by the fireside
    Fireside chats
    Board games
    Zoom calls with friends of the show

Just generous, bonkers, wonderful and kindness with close family...

A whimsical and magical christmas....

500k please....

Fooking gorgeous break he had.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

walshb wrote: »
    Fooking gorgeous break he had.....

I'd say it was more delicious than gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

The thing about Tubridy is that for a man of limited ability I say fair play to him for squeezing half a mil out of RTE every year.

The thing about Tubridy is that for a man of limited ability I say fair play to him for squeezing half a mil out of RTE every year.

Its not him doing the squeezing though...its Noel Kelly...he has some dirt id say...

Plus, hes squeezing your pockets isnt he?

Unlike pat kenny at newstalk...i couldnt care less what he is getting off them...

You would have to admire him for being able to get so much money from RTE for such limited ability. Anybody would do the same if they could get away with it. Some of the criticism of Tubridy is misplaced. If he was on 100 grand nobody would complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,030 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You would have to admire him for being able to get so much money from RTE for such limited ability. Anybody would do the same if they could get away with it. Some of the criticism of Tubridy is misplaced. If he was on 100 grand nobody would complain.

100 grand or 500

He's muck, IMO....

Absolute Mickey Mouse.....

And still better than the lad that comes on at 3 every day....he really takes the biscuit....

• Advertisement

I would admire it if it wasnt coming out of the regular persons pocket....

E.g if someone of limited ability like matt cooper was pulling in 500k from tv3 and today fm....id say good luck to him and fair play...

Ryan tubridy is stealing a living from the TV licence pot...that is coming from everyone who has a tv...

So, no...i do not admire him

I would admire it if it wasnt coming out of the regular persons pocket....

E.g if someone of limited ability like matt cooper was pulling in 500k from tv3 and today fm....id say good luck to him and fair play...

Ryan tubridy is stealing a living from the TV licence pot...that is coming from everyone who has a tv...

So, no...i do not admire him

Yes, I agree with you, total waste of the licence fee. It's the one bill that I detest paying. But the ire should be directed at the person or persons who employ him in RTE rather than the man himself.

He wings the same old dross every morning. Yet you must credit him for pulling €500k out of RTE.

The same can be said about Duffy and Darcy. All outrageously overpaid. None of them would get a job anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭billyhead

You would have thought that being on half a mil a year you could at least afford a good feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

RTE always argue that they are worth the value of advertising remuneration they garner.

Wouldn't it be interesting if RTE did an experiment to prove that hiring Tubridy for 500,000 euros per year is in indeed an ingenious business strategy, as they suggest.

They could replace him for a few months with someone who is prepared to put in some proper graft to create engaging content for a fraction of the cost.

I can't imagine too many listeners saying "ah feck this, I tuned in to hear some privileged chancer waffle his way through the newspapers for an hour" :pac:

Wouldn't it be interesting if RTE did an experiment to prove that hiring Tubridy for 500,000 euros per year is in indeed an ingenious business strategy, as they suggest.

They could replace him for a few months with someone who is prepared to put in some proper graft to create engaging content for a fraction of the cost.

I can't imagine too many listeners saying "ah feck this, I tuned in to hear some privileged chancer waffle his way through the newspapers for an hour" :pac:

Stop talking common sense

Boucher Hayes in this morning doing the same drivel as tubridy...

I notice the claire byrne jingle when going for a break...

Why not then have claire byrne starting after morning ireland always?

She does the light and fluffy sh1ite for an hour...then the more serious stuff....

All these replacements for tubridy are just highlighting how cushy and easy his job is...

I think Boucher-Hayes did a good job. He grilled the agriculture minister, which Tubridy would be unable to do.

I think Boucher-Hayes did a good job. He grilled the agriculture minister, which Tubridy would be unable to do.

Today the show was really a Claire Byrne/current affairs show, not a Tubridy fluff/waffle show. PBH is undoubtedly competent and versatile at presenting current affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Today the show was really a Claire Byrne/current affairs show, not a Tubridy fluff/waffle show. PBH is undoubtedly competent and versatile at presenting current affairs.

This is the thing Cat,nobody knew what kind of prog. was coming up.

We had Callan... then we had Kathryn... and then the Sultan of Smug.

Showing complete disrespect for their audience.

Terrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭amlinopta

This is the thing Cat,nobody knew what kind of prog. was coming up.

We had Callan... then we had Kathryn... and then the Sultan of Smug.

Showing complete disrespect for their audience.

Terrible stuff.
    Marty thrown in there as well earlier in the week. Very strange scheduling, three mornings fluff and then Bouchier Hayes today. Also strange having Callan on tv last night and a lot of repetition on a radio version at lunchtime today.

I understand that. But Tubridy sometimes tries current affairs on LLS. Very weak performer, poor research, poor questioning. No follow up questions. On the other hand, Boucher-Hayes always has his homework done.

amlinopta wrote: »
    Marty thrown in there as well earlier in the week. Very strange scheduling, three mornings fluff and then Bouchier Hayes today. Also strange having Callan on tv last night and a lot of repetition on a radio version at lunchtime today.

Yes, forgot about Marty.

Lookit, they just don’t give a fuuerkhe about their listeners.

More interested in letting the stars work teachers hours and gannet down dhrink in the Galloper.

Have they nobody like say Jonathan Healy who can hold down a current affairs show for a few hours?

Give guys like Robert Short a go, I’m confident he could do a good job.

Suppose though the Unions for the sound and various other tasks would ‘rear up’ and try to wreck any chance of that.

Didn’t move with the times, stuck in the 1960s

Need a very short sharp shake up.

And Forbes is not the unit to do it.

There will never be any serious change within RTE. Too many people high on the hog.

There will never be any change within RTE. Too many people high on the hog.

Unless some hard-nosed individual, not from the gene pool steps in ,and, as they say in the NFL, starts playing on the concrete.

Unless some hard-nosed individual, not from the gene pool steps in ,and, as they say in the NFL, starts playing on the concrete.

That won't happen. I think this government is planning a compulsory licence fee which will be unavoidable. No change in RTE for the next few years.

Monday- Marty Morrissey
    Tuesday- Kathryn Thomas
    Wednesday- Oliver Callan
    Thursday - Philip Boucher Hayes
    Friday-?

All far cheaper and better than the King of faux Kindness Tubridy....

Ill be paying no licence fee until theres a proper shake up and cut backs of the likes of tubridy...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Have they nobody like say Jonathan Healy who can hold down a current affairs show for a few hours?

Even better, Michael or Danny.
    Now THAT I would listen to!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Monday- Marty Morrissey
    Tuesday- Kathryn Thomas
    Wednesday- Oliver Callan
    Thursday - Philip Boucher Hayes
    Friday-?

All far cheaper and better than the King of faux Kindness Tubridy....

Ill be paying no licence fee until theres a proper shake up and cut backs of the likes of tubridy...

Why are RTE purchasing the presenter services of non Staffers such as kathryn thomas and oliver callan to cover these shows, at a time when they are in financial turmoil??.
    So sticking in the staffers such as Boucher Hayes and Marty Morrissey makes financial sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement