Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Katie Hannon in this morning

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

They played “Please release me” reference to UK leaving the EU. Poor Katie got a bit flustered calling the artist Engelbert HUMPER DICK :D

Monday - Marty Morrisey
    Tuesday - Kathryn Thomas
    Wednesday- Oliver Callan
    Thursday- Philip Boucher Hayes
    Friday- Katie Hannon

All of these stand ins performed better than tubridy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jank1

Monday - Marty Morrisey
    Tuesday - Kathryn Thomas
    Wednesday- Oliver Callan
    Thursday- Philip Boucher Hayes
    Friday- Katie Hannon

All of these stand ins performed better than tubridy....

No Maggie Doyle this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is the boss back on Monday?

There'll be some waffle.
    He had a lot to tell us about.

Probably music from Macca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jank1 wrote: »
    No Maggie Doyle this Christmas.

No harm.

NIMAN wrote: »

There'll be some waffle.

It depends how he feels...the teachers are off now until the 11th at least...so tubridy will think he is entitled to some of that action...

But in his head he is an essential worker...he will feel that the people of Ireland will need a boost that only he can provide...

I predict he will be on monday, preaching to the country about how 2021 will be a great year...vaccine blah blah...we can turn it around etc etc...

Sure he has to tell us all how magical and delicious his christmas was...then saying it was different to sound relatable.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    No harm.

Good call Joe, bit of a ‘weapon’ in this posters view.

NIMAN wrote: »

There'll be some waffle.

Dont worry everyone....Ryan Tubridy will come back from his well deserved Christmas break soon.....

He will soothe the nation with his wise words and assure us that everything will be fine...

Doesnt matter if its true or not...everything will be fine.....because Tubridy is the king of kindness...we dont deserve him....he should be paid €1million a year for his role as a national treasure during this pandemic...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dont worry everyone....Ryan Tubridy will come back from his well deserved Christmas break soon.....

He will soothe the nation with his wise words and assure us that everything will be fine...

Doesnt matter if its true or not...everything will be fine.....because Tubridy is the king of kindness...we dont deserve him....he should be paid €1million a year for his role as a national treasure during this pandemic...

I think far better use of that extra half million would be to use it to offset the vaccine or to buy more PPE or fund an extra ICU bed give €250k each to Tubs and Joe Duffy as they are the real heroes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Good call Joe, bit of a ‘weapon’ in this posters view.
    Maternity leave for Maggie, Bren. Based on her Twitter account. So won’t be hearing those dulcet tones for a while. Callan seems to be established as the regular replacement at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

amlinopta wrote: »
    Maternity leave for Maggie, Bren. Based on her Twitter account. So won’t be hearing those dulcet tones for a while. Callan seems to be established as the regular replacement at this stage..

Thanks Amp, appreciate your info.

A wee bit off topic, I kind of associate your one Mary Regan with Maggie.

Something a little bit ‘cold’ about both of them.

Only my opinion though, could be warm and cuddly as tabby cats, but I doubt it:cool:

It depends how he feels...the teachers are off now until the 11th at least...so tubridy will think he is entitled to some of that inaction.

FYP

Here’s another freebie I’m sure Bryan would love:

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7668933.htm

Perhaps Lego, Argos, or better still an independent Irish-owned small boutique toy shop could gift him one? Or, as it’s at its lowest ever price, perhaps a listener could show some kindness and buy one for him? Or 4, do he would have the complete set?

It would be delicious.

How is Bryan going to explain the rise in numbers? Will he scold the listeners and tell them they’re going on the naughty list? Or will he just say everything will be fine if we all sit down and have some tea and plain cake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Red Fred

How is Bryan going to explain the rise in numbers? Will he scold the listeners and tell them they’re going on the naughty list? Or will he just say everything will be fine if we all sit down and have some tea and plain cake?

No doubt a large dose of kindness will see the virus off.

Will he apologise for telling everyone it will be ok at christmas?

Tubridy and his kind overhyping christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

A few weeks ago he promised a texter that she would be going on her foreign holiday in the first half of 2021.

I'm sure he'll be getting on to her to tell her not to get her hopes up (if she's a real person).

Not very George Bailey-like to be making promises that can't be kept.

I really don’t know how as a country we’ve made it through the last 2 weeks with both Tubridy and Duffy off :rolleyes::rolleyes:....and they out national heroes and cheerleaders through the pandemic. Don’t forget, Joe Duffy the man of science that he is said on his show that the virus can’t come here because we’re an island AND that even if it came, no-one would die from it. Also a man of science Tubs said kindness would defeat the virus. RTÉ - where truth matters.

Red Fred wrote: »
    No doubt a large dose of kindness will see the virus off.

I think there's been a quite a few doses of kindness over Christmas going on, so to speak. Great spreader of de virus.

• Advertisement

I really don’t know how as a country we’ve made it through the last 2 weeks with both Tubridy and Duffy off :rolleyes::rolleyes:....and they out national heroes and cheerleaders through the pandemic. Don’t forget, Joe Duffy the man of science that he is said on his show that the virus can’t come here because we’re an island AND that even if it came, no-one would die from it. Also a man of science Tubs said kindness would defeat the virus. RTÉ - where truth matters.

See how the virus replicated in their absence. Without them to entertain us we entertained each other so to speak and lookit at de result. :D

Will he apologise for telling everyone it will be ok at christmas?

Tubridy and his kind overhyping christmas

When he should have been using his patter to under-hype it and suggest ways of preparing for a very simple Christmas, for spending Christmas alone where necessary, setting up a nice little dining table in the bedroom for those self-isolating, giving gift of iPad to nearest and dearest to enjoy TV & videos when in isolation, fun video games for amusement; all could have been incorporated in his waffle of suggestions.

See how the virus replicated in their absence. Without them to entertain us we entertained each other so to speak and lookit at de result. :D

You might be on to something there Cat. Tubs and Duffy off = rapid escalation of the numbers. “That’s not a coincidence” said Dee 4bes.

We need our national heroes to come back to work and save us from dis awful pestilence!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295d8a651bb18ffcf6f0334b05e2d09c50abb3a1a9&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

An extra 2 days off for Tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mr Velo wrote: »

Nice work if you can get it.

How is the nation supposed to cope for another 2 days without our king of kindness?

RTE need to pay him €1million to get him on more.

Now more than ever, the country needs their national treasure that is Ryan Tubridy.

I’m surprised it’s just 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Tubs can't win with you lot. If he's off you're on here giving out that he's off and if he's on you're giving out about everything he says. It's kind of tragic really.

• Advertisement

Tubs can't win with you lot. If he's off you're on here giving out that he's off and if he's on you're giving out about everything he says. It's kind of tragic really.

Oh that's really mean you rotter! Can't you show a little kindness?

"you lot" :rolleyes:

Tragic? You know what's tragic? RTE paying contractors €500,000 of License Fee money (which I do pay btw) to one man for so little output.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement