Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 masterbenji08

cw67irl wrote: »
    Can i ask if your offer was in the county you live in?

Im currently working in Dublin, Living in Louth. I was offered a placement a Dublin based department (pretty hard to get to as its well south of the Liffey)

When i explained the difficulties of the commute I was told that the offer I received was the only offer I would receive.

I live in Wicklow, work in Dublin and the new position is in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EO2020

You can only defer on distance on regional panels not Dublin panels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

EO2020 wrote: »
    You can only defer on distance on regional panels not Dublin panels

Ah ok that would make sense, Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭MFPM

Considering how overwhelmed DSP are at the minute, have they thrown you in at the deep end or have you been trained up on your role sufficiently?

Unfortunately not! It's been slow enough, to be honest, I've learned a lot and I have been given some specific responsibilities but it's quite limited. I know there is a more substantial role coming but it hasn't happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mssurferrosa

I had my interview the Wednesday before last - it was very tough, but the interviewers were pleaseant. I felt like I didn't really do myself justice and I was so glad when it was over!

Just got my results from PAS and I feel a bit deflated, because although I passed, I am oom 7, so I'm not very optimistic about being offered a job before the end of the panel. It's so frustrating, I know that I would be a good fit for an EO job and vice versa, but the interview was a killer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I had my interview the Wednesday before last - it was very tough, but the interviewers were pleaseant. I felt like I didn't really do myself justice and I was so glad when it was over!

Just got my results from PAS and I feel a bit deflated, because although I passed, I am oom 7, so I'm not very optimistic about being offered a job before the end of the panel. It's so frustrating, I know that I would be a good fit for an EO job and vice versa, but the interview was a killer!

What did you find particularly rough about the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 heffo1

Does anyone have any info on OOM for Galway for this campaign or has it definitely closed since September?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 West is Best

I am still in with a shout on the OOM for Galway for this campaign. It has not been closed yet. They will close it when the 2020 panel is formed, I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mssurferrosa

cw67irl wrote: »
    What did you find particularly rough about the interview?

It was very pressured and I felt it difficult to get to the crux of my answer, before they asked me a different question. So a few times I felt I unsatisfactorily answered the question. I prepared examples for the competencies, but the way they asked the questions meant it was a challenge trying to get my examples across.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It was very pressured and I felt it difficult to get to the crux of my answer, before they asked me a different question. So a few times I felt I unsatisfactorily answered the question. I prepared examples for the competencies, but the way they asked the questions meant it was a challenge trying to get my examples across.

If they cut you off they usually have enough of an answer, they'd probe you if you weren't giving them what they needed.

I can hear Kenneth Williams...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

If the 2020 etray is only happening for Dublin and not regional (only regional when positions are available). Does this mean the this panel will not close for this competition until panel is formed for 2020 regional places and in theory the competition could run its full 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Pas told me they are still calling from this panel in my county but I haven’t been able to get an oom. I think they weee mostly stuck on the Dublin panels so they might clear the people who’ve done etrays in each county on this panel before they move to start etrays in other counties on the 2020 panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭gestappo

Those of you that have been appointed EO in Dublin; what departments have you been assigned to?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tonysbistro

I had parked this campaign and moved on with 2020 competition kicking off... seems to be still a bit of life left in it.
    Tis the hope that kills ya.....

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I had parked this campaign and moved on with 2020 competition kicking off... seems to be still a bit of life left in it.
    Tis the hope that kills ya.....

Yeah...emailed PAS, but no movement in Cork at all. Still at batch 1, oom 52. Have written off 2020 campaign, as I did far worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Starblue

Hi all, does anyone have an update on Wexford panel by any chance? Or a number/email that Pas have answered recently? Have tried phone and emailing the person named on the comp booklet but no luck (I know that person may have moved on now) Many thanks ��

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone on the Irish language EO panel? It's very slow to move. I was promoted to EO last year and while I loved the he Co work, I'm not enjoying the EO role and function so looking for a move. Very mentally draining

• Registered Users Posts: 17 whattoknow

Anyone get called for Interdepartmental for Tipperary and did you get place on panel or get an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 48 outta

Anyone on the Irish language EO panel? It's very slow to move. I was promoted to EO last year and while I loved the he Co work, I'm not enjoying the EO role and function so looking for a move. Very mentally draining

Hi

I did the interview etc im 50something on OOM. Just chose Kerry for my county though, havent heard a thing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Hi All, just an update which might be of use to some people. I interviewed last July and was placed last November in my 2nd county (Kildare).

Just got "interview" results for my 1st (Offaly) this week and placed in a batch. So I guess they are still calling for some counties and there's still hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Whollywoo

Does anyone know anything about how many have been placed in laois/offaly - i contacted PAS but they were very vague!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sr2020

tgdaly wrote: »
    Hi All, just an update which might be of use to some people. I interviewed last July and was placed last November in my 2nd county (Kildare).

Just got "interview" results for my 1st (Offaly) this week and placed in a batch. So I guess they are still calling for some counties and there's still hope

Hi well done on placing in Offaly if you don’t mind me asking what is your oom?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Laois is a disaster, Like i know people in batch 1 12, 13 and still not called for interview.
    All internal promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

Whollywoo wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about how many have been placed in laois/offaly - i contacted PAS but they were very vague!

Hi I was placed in Offaly during the Summer and I was in batch 1.2

Sr2020 wrote: »
    Hi well done on placing in Offaly if you don’t mind me asking what is your oom?

Hi, I was batch 3.1 OOM 4.

Someone above said they were placed in Batch 1.2 over the summer for Offaly. As I was 13th overall for Kildare in Batch 1 I should have been at least 12th overall for Offaly (as I was higher in Offaly after both stage one and stage two results than my Kildare rank). That would mean maybe only 3-4 per batch for Offaly? So maybe only 8-10 people placed so far?

Whollywoo wrote: »

As per my above answer, I'm calculating maybe 8-10 people placed so far in Offaly. From my OOM and compared to my Kildare results

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

outta wrote: »
    Hi

I did the interview etc im 50something on OOM. Just chose Kerry for my county though, havent heard a thing yet

Email pas and ask them what number are you in Kerry at moment? I did that and they told me I am 3rd for Kerry but 37th overall even though I got 40/50 in all my competencies so I can't understand why I am so far down nationally!!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Same for Waterford. At number 14 since last February no movement at all in 10 months. Can’t get an answer from PAS about whether/when this panel is ending and they are moving to next panel.

I know a lot of people in the different departments here and it’s shocking the number of positions not being filled where as other counties with similar staff levels are moving along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sr2020

Hi all just some advice regarding clearance. If you get offered a position what are the next steps? Do you have to send in copies of leaving cert, college certs etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

Sr2020 wrote: »
    Hi all just some advice regarding clearance. If you get offered a position what are the next steps? Do you have to send in copies of leaving cert, college certs etc?

Hi. You would have provided all that at interview stage so it's not needed again.
    From previous experience on clerical officer panel I was told my position on the panel was reached. Then I had to complete Garda vetting. Following that I was asked for contact details to check references.
    Then I was offered a position, sent my contract etc.

Advertisement