Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JP2020

Yeah, i was rang and asked when could I start. There was no issue waiting for my notice period.
    Congrats

That’s great thank a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OliverAngler

Anybody getting called for any interviews lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Anybody getting called for any interviews lately?

I'd also be interested to see if this panel is still clinging to life since first round of the 2020 has only just completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Hey everyone. Just a quick question; has anyone gotten to interview in Louth or Dublin? If so, what was your OOM and how long did it take for you to get called? I'm trying to figure out if my results in round 1 for the 2020 campaign are even worth a damn; I got within top 50 in Louth and within top 500 for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Just a quick question; has anyone gotten to interview in Louth or Dublin? If so, what was your OOM and how long did it take for you to get called? I'm trying to figure out if my results in round 1 for the 2020 campaign are even worth a damn; I got within top 50 in Louth and within top 500 for Dublin.

In the 2018 comp I think they called into the 3000s for Dublin. Top 500 would be a shoe-in IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

In the 2018 comp I think they called into the 3000s for Dublin. Top 500 would be a shoe-in IMHO.

Into the 4000s for Dublin last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I'm in the 690s for Dublin following stage 1 of the 2020 campaign. Really hoping to improve my OOM to get to interview

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I'm in the 690s for Dublin following stage 1 of the 2020 campaign. Really hoping to improve my OOM to get to interview

Posts in here have indicated they went past the 4,000th mark the last time. With a batch of retirements coming this year, you'll have no issue even if you stay at that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Posts in here have indicated they went past the 4,000th mark the last time. With a batch of retirements coming this year, you'll have no issue even if you stay at that score.
    I'm wondering how many of the 4000 were employed?

Thats just on interviews offered.. It doesnt account for peoples second OOM post etray or interview.. doesnt account for people hired.. People who turn down offers.. Existing CS getting promoted ect.

No idea how you would see how many were in fact hired after it all.. Probably need a PQ to get that info9

• Advertisement

There is roughly, some I'm told, a 50% attrition rate at each stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

Yeah, i was rang and asked when could I start. There was no issue waiting for my notice period.
    Congrats

Hi, could I ask how long was your notice period? My contract says 8 weeks and I'd prefer not to burn bridges! I'd leave sooner if needed but ideally would be able to complete my notice period.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RandomUser17

CivilCybil wrote: »
    Hi, could I ask how long was your notice period? My contract says 8 weeks and I'd prefer not to burn bridges! I'd leave sooner if needed but ideally would be able to complete my notice period.

1 month. But it really didn't seem to matter when you could start as long as you gave them a date

• Registered Users Posts: 4 burkee2013

CivilCybil wrote: »

Mine is 6 weeks was wondering same thing as Ive just finished vetting so expecting a call, same as that would like to see out notice. at this stage of year would they be looking for a January start?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 masterbenji08

Hi all, I'm fairly close to my number being reached in my county. For anyone who has been placed, does the offer come via email or does the HR department call you and do you get time to make your decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 West is Best

Hi all. Is anybody seeing any movement in the 2019 campaign lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Hi all, I'm fairly close to my number being reached in my county. For anyone who has been placed, does the offer come via email or does the HR department call you and do you get time to make your decision?

You get a message on public jobs with the department and a call later with the details, you can ask for a while to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 44 masterbenji08

redmgar wrote: »
    You get a message on public jobs with the department and a call later with the details, you can ask for a while to decide

That's great. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

burkee2013 wrote: »
    Mine is 6 weeks was wondering same thing as Ive just finished vetting so expecting a call, same as that would like to see out notice. at this stage of year would they be looking for a January start?

I'm at the same stage and hoping to see out this year due to work projects and other personal obligations.
    Hopefully it'll be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Mobility in cs back open on Monday

• Advertisement

cw67irl wrote: »
    Thats just on interviews offered.. It doesnt account for peoples second OOM post etray or interview.. doesnt account for people hired.. People who turn down offers.. Existing CS getting promoted ect.

No idea how you would see how many were in fact hired after it all.. Probably need a PQ to get that info9
    From Dublin 2018 EO competition 660 have been employed sofar.

And it seems they went down to the 4000s in OOM to get that many, bloody hell.

Is that total???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CivilGirl

I was wondering if anyone here in an EO position could tell me what the basic pay on my pssc payslip for someone on point 1 of the scale (30,884) is supposed to be. I started my position recently with AGS and my first payslip has me confused. I used to work as a CO for the DSP last year on point 2 of the scale and my basic pay was 489 (weekly) which used to come out as about 417 after deductions.

Now the basic pay listed on my pssc slip as an EO is 930.09 (fortnightly) which seems a bit off to me. I got paid 860 after deductions (I think the deductions look alright) and I'm not being emergency taxed so its not that. I know CO is weekly and EO is every two weeks but my basic pay as a CO for two weeks would have been 978 (489 x 2) compared to my EO basic of 930.

I looked up PSSC's your payslip explained and it says this about basic pay: "To calculate your weekly or fortnightly pay – the annual figure associated with your point on the scale is divided by 52.18 (Weekly) or 26.09 (Fortnightly)." So if I do that for my fortnightly pay it comes out as 30,884 / 26.09 = 1,183.74 but that seems too high.

I'm not great at these kinds of things if you couldn't tell and I've probably made a mistake somewhere but it seems strange that my basic pay has gone down even thought I earn more now. Appreciate any help, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RandomUser17

CivilGirl wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone here in an EO position could tell me what the basic pay on my pssc payslip for someone on point 1 of the scale (30,884) is supposed to be. I started my position recently with AGS and my first payslip has me confused. I used to work as a CO for the DSP last year on point 2 of the scale and my basic pay was 489 (weekly) which used to come out as about 417 after deductions.

Now the basic pay listed on my pssc slip as an EO is 930.09 (fortnightly) which seems a bit off to me. I got paid 860 after deductions (I think the deductions look alright) and I'm not being emergency taxed so its not that. I know CO is weekly and EO is every two weeks but my basic pay as a CO for two weeks would have been 978 (489 x 2) compared to my EO basic of 930.

I looked up PSSC's your payslip explained and it says this about basic pay: "To calculate your weekly or fortnightly pay – the annual figure associated with your point on the scale is divided by 52.18 (Weekly) or 26.09 (Fortnightly)." So if I do that for my fortnightly pay it comes out as 30,884 / 26.09 = 1,183.74 but that seems too high.

I'm not great at these kinds of things if you couldn't tell and I've probably made a mistake somewhere but it seems strange that my basic pay has gone down even thought I earn more now. Appreciate any help, thanks.

I take home 926e (that's including the usual deductions and then money for the canteen and the union which comes to about 12e a fortnight i think

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

After the recent increase my most recent payslip was for 966, before that it was 950. Only thing coming out is tax and pension

Thanks for the help. Think I might send an email to PSSC to see if there is some kind of mistake just to make sure. Think my basic pay looked a little low especially when compared to everyone elses take home amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭doc22

CivilGirl wrote: »
    Thanks for the help. Think I might send an email to PSSC to see if there is some kind of mistake just to make sure. Think my basic pay looked a little low especially when compared to everyone elses take home amount.

you're paid based on the 14 day period, you started on Monday and were only paid to Thursday the following week so you couldn't expect a full fortnightly payment yet

doc22 wrote: »
    you're paid based on the 14 day period, you started on Monday and were only paid to Thursday the following week so you couldn't expect a full fortnightly payment yet

That might be it. I was gonna wait till my next slip was online anyway just to be sure. I had to get my pay corrected before so maybe I was a bit paranoid.

• Advertisement

cw67irl wrote: »
    Is that total???

Yes it is.

Advertisement