Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

I had the interview today and it was tough, I hadn't prepared enough They asked me what is the civil service, what are the core values of the civil service, why do you want to be an executive officer and then the competencies.

Gosh I wasn't asked any of that other than the competencies. But my interview was 18 months ago.
    They've finally reached my Oom and should be hearing details about my new job once I pass the Garda vetting.
    I had been sure it was too late but great that people are still being placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ArtCurios78

I feel like the interview went badly, there was something quite awkward about it! Still you never know! Do you know the location and department you will be assigned to?

I feel like the interview went badly, there was something quite awkward about it! Still you never know! Do you know the location and department you will be assigned to?

Hopefully it went better than you think.

I don't know yet. I just had an email advising they'd reached my number and to complete the Garda vetting. Once that's done they'll check my references and then tell me where and what department.

Got my results passed the interview and am now batch 1.6 oom 4 in Kildare. Previously, I was batch 1.1 oom 49. Anyone else on Kildare panel? What are my chances I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭gestappo

Got my results passed the interview and am now batch 1.6 oom 4 in Kildare. Previously, I was batch 1.1 oom 49. Anyone else on Kildare panel? What are my chances I wonder?

Wow that was a quick result turnaround! And you thought you done miserably!! Congratulations!!

• Advertisement

Thanks, yes very fast alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paris1974

I got place on Batch 1.3 OOM 1 for Waterford. Will I be waiting long for an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Paris1974 wrote: »
    I got place on Batch 1.3 OOM 1 for Waterford. Will I be waiting long for an offer

Any idea how many were in each batch for Waterford?;I was oom 38 after etray

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Any news for the Clare panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paris1974

Any idea how many were in each batch for Waterford?;I was oom 38 after etray

No haven't a clue have emailed to see as I know others who are on the panel are were in the 20's and haven't got called for an interview yet.

• Advertisement

Paris1974 wrote: »

Impossible to say. I was in batch 1:1, OOM 12 for another county and it took 18 months for an offer. Of course, covid happened within that 18 months so that didn't help matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 singmeasongy

Maestro85 wrote: »
    Any news for the Clare panel?

im on clare and limerick regions.

called for interview for limerick next week. seems little movement in clare for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Anyone interviewing for Cork?

So, over the last few days, I have posted the same question "any word on the Clare panel"? I know I am literally 1 away from being called for the next stage (an interview) according to my OOM. Does anyone have anything they can tell me about their experience with the Clare panel. Is it moving, what has it been like? Others on here have told me they are going for the Limerick panel and buy do I wish I made that my second choice but I am have been holding out for Clare. This my 4th (now 5th) year of trying with the Civil Service and I consistently score high. It just seems that not even the Clerical level is even moving either. I am sorry to be annoying but this is frustrating.

Am I wasting my time in hoping this panel might move before the 2020 comes into effect for Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Just got called for an interview today for Tuesday week. I assumed I was being called for the 2020 competition until I read it again I had no idea they were still pulling from this one. Here’s hoping it goes well.

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Just got called for an interview today for Tuesday week. I assumed I was being called for the 2020 competition until I read it again I had no idea they were still pulling from this one. Here’s hoping it goes well.

That’s fantastic, best of luck!

What county are you?

gestappo wrote: »
    That’s fantastic, best of luck!

What county are you?

I’m down for Galway and Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LouiG567

Had interview last week and placed yesterday from Meath panel.
    Honestly thought this panel was finished as the 2020 panel is at interview and placement stage in some regions

LouiG567 wrote: »
    Had interview last week and placed yesterday from Meath panel.
    Honestly thought this panel was finished as the 2020 panel is at interview and placement stage in some regions

They're only placing the Dublin Panel in the 2020 comp. Your panel will cease once they start placing for Meath.

Think I ****ed up big time. I received a message that I had been excluded from the competition due to not confirming my attendance. I had sent an email but when I went back and checked I had misspelled recruitment in it so it did not send.

Do I have any comeback? I emailed PAS and attached the email I tried to send and asked if I could get back in. I’m not at all hopeful and just so depressed now that I ****ed up so big over one spelling.

Edit: Just editing to say after talking to PAS they’re letting me interview which is a great relief! Just said I’d update in case anyone else ever falls into the same situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Think I ****ed up big time. I received a message that I had been excluded from the competition due to not confirming my attendance. I had sent an email but when I went back and checked I had misspelled recruitment in it so it did not send.

Do I have any comeback? I emailed PAS and attached the email I tried to send and asked if I could get back in. I’m not at all hopeful and just so depressed now that I ****ed up so big over one spelling.

Edit: Just editing to say after talking to PAS they’re letting me interview which is a great relief! Just said I’d update in case anyone else ever falls into the same situation.

Bugger, I thought the field might have been weakened by 1!

Just kidding. I'm interviewing next week as well for westmeath. Best of luck. Hopefully we both get in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 singmeasongy

did anybody who interviewed this week here anything back?

some seemed to have got the results quick before. i didnt hear anything anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LuckyBan

Just for anyone interested, I've just been called for interview this week. My OOM is No 2 before interview for Cavan and Meath

LuckyBan wrote: »
    Just for anyone interested, I've just been called for interview this week. My OOM is No 2 before interview for Cavan and Meath

Congrats and best of luck. It is great to see movement on this panel still. I am high on the OOM for Clare and have been praying for movement for months so post like this make me hopeful.

Just finished the interview. Not sure how I did at all but was constantly talking so we’ll see. It’s all a blur now tbh it’s nearly hard to remember what I was asked. Just glad it’s done.

Same, I did mine today also. Like, you, very hard to say how it went. Just glad its over.

Just finished the interview. Not sure how I did at all but was constantly talking so we’ll see. It’s all a blur now tbh it’s nearly hard to remember what I was asked. Just glad it’s done.

Believe me, it’ll all come back late tonight when you’re trying to sleep and tomorrow 😂 relax for now and don’t be thinking of it!

Did they tell you when you’ll hear back?

Got the results back. Wasn’t successful this time. Didn’t get the qualifying score on drive and commitment to public services. So disheartening after all the effort but is what it is. Is there any scope to receive any more feedback from the interview than just the scores?

Very sorry to hear that. It's so hard to know sometimes exactly what they are looking for. I got through thankfully so just play the waiting game now.

I believe you can email them to look for more detailed feedback. I'm pretty sure a friend of mine who was unsuccessful at EO interview got detailed feedback... though I could be wrong. No harm in checking to find out. It'll stand to ya for the next time around

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear that. It's so hard to know sometimes exactly what they are looking for. I got through thankfully so just play the waiting game now.

I believe you can email them to look for more detailed feedback. I'm pretty sure a friend of mine who was unsuccessful at EO interview got detailed feedback... though I could be wrong. No harm in checking to find out. It'll stand to ya for the next time around

Congrats on making it through. Have you a new OOM now?

Advertisement