Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

MFPM wrote: »
    Given you had an interview recently and got the results quite quickly, I'd suggest there is vacancies coming, if not why not just wait given there is an new competition.

Cheers MFPM. Losing the run of myself. Having got this far i'm stressed bout not getting it. Hopefully don't have to go through another competition. I turned down a position lately coz my heart set on this. Hope I made the right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Bobby2004 wrote: »
    Cheers MFPM. Losing the run of myself. Having got this far i'm stressed bout not getting it. Hopefully don't have to go through another competition. I turned down a position lately coz my heart set on this. Hope I made the right choice.

Hi Bobby.

I know people that have interviewed quite close to panels expiring and thought they would not be interviewed unless there were places available to end up really disappointed.
    Unfortunately there is just no way of knowing if an offer will come your way before the expiry of the panel. I do know how you feel and my only advice is if something else comes up to take it you can always walk away if and when the offer comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carlow20

sdem1973 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything about Laois or Kilkenny recently?

I emailed for an update on Carlow and Kilkenny and was told there would be no more movement on either as the new campaign was starting. It is a joke. I don't think there was ever any movement for either of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭CivilCybil

Carlow20 wrote: »
    I emailed for an update on Carlow and Kilkenny and was told there would be no more movement on either as the new campaign was starting. It is a joke. I don't think there was ever any movement for either of those.

I was batch 1:1 in mayo. There were three people ahead of me since February. No change since.
    Have written it off now.

CivilCybil wrote: »
    I was batch 1:1 in mayo. There were three people ahead of me since February. No change since.
    Have written it off now.

Holding out hope right til the end but very disheartening. I'm in for the 2020 comp as wel but realistically that goin to be more competitive. Be doin wel to get anywhere near as high again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doc22

Any word of this panel being extended? Dublin is calling people for a panel that was ending August. Joke in difference were someone ranked 3000 plus in dublin is getting called and panels extended yet regionally the panels are being cut short(in my opinion) for leaving ranked in top 10 with nothing

doc22 wrote: »
    Any word of this panel being extended? Dublin is calling people for a panel that was ending August. Joke in difference were someone ranked 3000 plus in dublin is getting called and panels extended yet regionally the panels are being cut short(in my opinion) for leaving ranked in top 10 with nothing

It was suppose to be end of this month but it's now end of Nov. Dublin is always goin to take in a lot at all grades. Luck of the draw in rest of the counties. Suppose will all depend on retirements in Oct if there wil be much movement. A lot wil be holding out for the 2% increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭MFPM

Unfortunately that's the reality with the critical mass of positions in Dublin, it's why so many people put Dublin down as a second choice, get the job and immediately get on the transfer list in the hope of moving to their home county.

MFPM wrote: »
    Unfortunately that's the reality with the critical mass of positions in Dublin, it's why so many people put Dublin down as a second choice, get the job and immediately get on the transfer list in the hope of moving to their home county.

Ha ha shud have done so myself. I put the same two counties down again. If don't make it up high can forget about it. Another 18 months of waiting around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DBrowne84

Has anyone got confirmation of the end date for this panel? I'm waiting to be placed for Kerry/Cork after my interview a while back. I emailed clearance a month ago and they told me they would still place people until the end of september but I've seen one or two people mention it might have been extended till november. Not sure if that is the case or if there are different end dates for different regions or something.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

DBrowne84 wrote: »
    Has anyone got confirmation of the end date for this panel? I'm waiting to be placed for Kerry/Cork after my interview a while back. I emailed clearance a month ago and they told me they would still place people until the end of september but I've seen one or two people mention it might have been extended till november. Not sure if that is the case or if there are different end dates for different regions or something.

Cheers.
    I was told after my interview it was goin to be end of Nov but wanted to verify that. Emailed clearance few days ago but got no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alex2007

Yes, i was told last week too that it closes end of september

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doc22

I'd say it'll be September, How could they call people to interview for 2020 panel without jobs being lined up from October onward

I'd say it'll be September, How could they call people to interview for 2020 panel without jobs being lined up from October onward
    Clearance got back to me and said they would continue to use the 2019 panel until such a time that the 2020 panel is formed for each regional location. No further info on exact dates. As we stil have to complete the verbal and numerical and possibly sit these again supervised on our laptops shud be longer den end of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone placed in Kerry or Cork lately? Also, anyone placed from the Irish language EO campaign?

Clearance got back to me and said they would continue to use the 2019 panel until such a time that the 2020 panel is formed for each regional location. No further info on exact dates. As we stil have to complete the verbal and numerical and possibly sit these again supervised on our laptops shud be longer den end of September.

Given the number of stages (Verbal and Numerical, then supervised Numerical and Verbal and e-tray and then interview - assuming they don't change the process) to come it'll be easily late November before there is a 20/20 panel formed.

Reached my place in Westmeath. Such relief. Jumped 4 places in a week. Hope yet for anyone on the panel.

Reached my place in Westmeath. Such relief. Jumped 4 places in a week. Hope yet for anyone on the panel.

Told you! :D Well done and congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Well done Bobby I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Hey guys just wondering I'm in the middle of the 2020 comp but as I said already got a position from this comp. It's over an hr away. Shud I stay in the 2020 comp and hope to get a position closer to home or how can I go about transferring to a dif department in Athlone which would be half the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Hey guys just wondering I'm in the middle of the 2020 comp but as I said already got a position from this comp. It's over an hr away. Shud I stay in the 2020 comp and hope to get a position closer to home or how can I go about transferring to a dif department in Athlone which would be half the journey.

Keep going with the 2020 competition. You won't be able to transfer for 1 - 2 years depending on how your department handle lateral transfers. If the 2020 competition doesn't yield something closer to home then you can simply decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Any update on Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Clairebear84

Fantastic. Well Done

Any update on Kerry

You may have tried this already but if you email PAS at clearance@publicjobs.ie they are generally good at responding with information on the latest situation in different regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suzyk

Anyone get called for interview for Cavan?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4 burkee2013

Hey Guys
    Do they ask the questions by competency or make it difficult to understand which you are being asked?

burkee2013 wrote: »
    Hey Guys
    Do they ask the questions by competency or make it difficult to understand which you are being asked?

They go through the competencies one by one in a certain order. One interviewer wil take 2 or 3 of the competencies and the other interviewer the rest. For mine it's was straightforward. They just asked "illustrate an example of my people management skills." Den one or two short secondary questions on dem.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Anyone else get called for interview in any counties since?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JP2020

Any advice on when to give notice to employer in private sector, have just been mailed for clearance last week, do they give you time after clearance to take up a position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 RandomUser17

JP2020 wrote: »
    Any advice on when to give notice to employer in private sector, have just been mailed for clearance last week, do they give you time after clearance to take up a position?

Yeah, i was rang and asked when could I start. There was no issue waiting for my notice period.
    Congrats

Advertisement