Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gaeilgeoir_Dub

Has anyone had to get a police clearance from China? I'm at vetting stage and as I've lived in Japan also I need vetting from both countries/cities I lived in. The Japanese process is very straightforward via the embassy and relatively cheap. Looking into the Chinese process I might have to pay some Chinese company over 800 euro to do it for me (!), surely there has to be a better way. Has anyone had experience getting police clearance from a city in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Has anyone had to get a police clearance from China? I'm at vetting stage and as I've lived in Japan also I need vetting from both countries/cities I lived in. The Japanese process is very straightforward via the embassy and relatively cheap. Looking into the Chinese process I might have to pay some Chinese company over 800 euro to do it for me (!), surely there has to be a better way. Has anyone had experience getting police clearance from a city in China?

I would assume it's done by the Guards through the mutual assistance process, which is not quick I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mssurferrosa

Anybody getting called for any interviews lately?

Received an email this evening inviting me to a zoom interview for the 2019 campaign... I really thought it was dead and buried! I have just got a new job in the private sector and the interview is on my last day in my current job, so I don't really want to take time off for it and my boss has already said she wants me to work that day.

Can I rearrange it? Also has anybody had experience of a Zoom interview for a civil service job? Do they make you scan the room etc? I'm wondering if I can find a space in work, that will be quiet enough for 40 mins!

What are the chances of there being a vacancy before the end of the panel? Surely they wouldn't be interviewing if there was no hope of recruiting from this panel? My choices were Wexford and Wicklow, would this interview be for both locations? I am Batch 1 OOM 29 for Wexford, I don't think I got an OOM for Wicklow...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JP2020

Received an email this evening inviting me to a zoom interview for the 2019 campaign... I really thought it was dead and buried! I have just got a new job in the private sector and the interview is on my last day in my current job, so I don't really want to take time off for it and my boss has already said she wants me to work that day.

Can I rearrange it? Also has anybody had experience of a Zoom interview for a civil service job? Do they make you scan the room etc? I'm wondering if I can find a space in work, that will be quiet enough for 40 mins!

What are the chances of there being a vacancy before the end of the panel? Surely they wouldn't be interviewing if there was no hope of recruiting from this panel? My choices were Wexford and Wicklow, would this interview be for both locations? I am Batch 1 OOM 29 for Wexford, I don't think I got an OOM for Wicklow...

Congratulations there is a very good chance. I did a Zoom interview a month ago and have been placed last week. Interview just focus on the key competencies

JP2020 wrote: »
    Congratulations there is a very good chance. I did a Zoom interview a month ago and have been placed last week. Interview just focus on the key competencies

sorry hit post before finishing. they won't make you scan the room or anything. Interviewers really looked for 2 examples of each competencies. I had 3 people one being a PAS representative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭MFPM

I'm not sure they'll allow you rearrange it except in exceptional circumstances.

I did a zoom interview in July, it's fine, fairly relaxed, they don't ask you to scan the room or anything like that. As I said I did the interview in mid July, got results the next day, got a placement three weeks later and started in the job in late Sept. I think if you're being called for interview it means there is a good possibility of a job in the not too distant future.

MFPM wrote: »
    I'm not sure they'll allow you rearrange it except in exceptional circumstances.

I did a zoom interview in July, it's fine, fairly relaxed, they don't ask you to scan the room or anything like that. As I said I did the interview in mid July, got results the next day, got a placement three weeks later and started in the job in late Sept. I think if you're being called for interview it means there is a good possibility of a job in the not too distant future.

That's really promising - thanks and congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 masterbenji08

I requested to rearrange my interview in August as I was up North on a family weekend away and they would not oblige. I took the interview with 2 interviewers and a Pas representative and thankfully passed. I'm on the Wicklow panel and am told only 1 person in front of me so you might not be dead and buried yet. Best of luck!

Just got assigned DEASP
    Anyone know if people are working in the offices at the moment or wfh??

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Just got assigned DEASP

Congratulations, I am in deasp and working in the office, no option to work from home in my office unfortunately however other offices are working from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Just got assigned DEASP

I would say if you are assigned to an Intreo (Dole) Office you will more than likely be working from the office for all or most of the week. But it may vary from branch to branch. Some info on one Intreo Office below:

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/583236/department-staff-concerned-over-lack-of-social-distancing-at-limerick-office.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

Just got assigned DEASP

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking what county?

Does anyone know what government offices are located in Wexford that employ EOs? I've tried to google and I think DAFM and Housing, Local Government and Heritage have offices? I'm guessing social protection and revenue too?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Hey all; another question. Did you have an e-tray for this campaign and if so, what was it like? Have one for the 2020 myself hopefully coming up so would love to know!

Does anyone know what government offices are located in Wexford that employ EOs? I've tried to google and I think DAFM and Housing, Local Government and Heritage have offices? I'm guessing social protection and revenue too?

Below map will give you all locations and amount of EOs in each

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=83eb12efc9c7478a982d39a89f759663

Divisadero wrote: »
    I would say if you are assigned to an Intreo (Dole) Office you will more than likely be working from the office for all or most of the week. But it may vary from branch to branch. Some info on one Intreo Office below:

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/583236/department-staff-concerned-over-lack-of-social-distancing-at-limerick-office.html

Whats the dress code?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Whats the dress code?? :)

Usually casual (sometimes very). First day wear slacks, shirt and a jacket and maybe a tie. I wouldn't wear a full suit that's overkill. Then go by what your colleauges are wearing. If you're a girl do the equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DonegalToby90

Has anyone being place from the 2019 Irish EO panel in Donegal or Sligo?

Did you have an e-tray for this campaign and if so, what was it like?
    As far as I remember, it was fairly straightforward. You get priority tasks, so work on getting those done and then deal with the other tasks as they come through on a secondary basis. Keep an eye on the time and for updates and you should be fine :)

Below map will give you all locations and amount of EOs in each

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=83eb12efc9c7478a982d39a89f759663

This is a brilliant resource, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Anyone in Waterford or Kilkenny called for this lately?

Just got offered a position in DSP. Can anyone advise on what it is like to work for the department. I'm still to decide whether to accept or defer as it is over 45km from me. The only downside to deferring is the panel could end before another position arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭MFPM

Just got offered a position in DSP. Can anyone advise on what it is like to work for the department. I'm still to decide whether to accept or defer as it is over 45km from me. The only downside to deferring is the panel could end before another position arises.

I started about 5 weeks ago in DSP, my position is also 45Km but I chose not to defer as there seemed little enough movement in my other county.

The Dept is ok, I work in a relatively small section, about 35 people - half of whom are working remotely. I'm still only settling in so it's hard to give a full picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I was told by PAS that an offer could not be deferred. I received an unsuitable placement last month and asked about deferring it. I was told that only one offer would be made and there was no option of deferring it. If i didnt move to the dept at that time that was it. As a result I didnt end up taking the position. Just something to check up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RandomUser17

cw67irl wrote: »
    I was told by PAS that an offer could not be deferred. I received an unsuitable placement last month and asked about deferring it. I was told that only one offer would be made and there was no option of deferring it. If i didnt move to the dept at that time that was it. As a result I didnt end up taking the position. Just something to check up on.

When I got my offer last year; I was offered to defer it as it was over 45km from my home.
    It wasn't even 45km from my home so I didn't defer it but was definitely offered it

MFPM wrote: »
    I started about 5 weeks ago in DSP, my position is also 45Km but I chose not to defer as there seemed little enough movement in my other county.

The Dept is ok, I work in a relatively small section, about 35 people - half of whom are working remotely. I'm still only settling in so it's hard to give a full picture.

Considering how overwhelmed DSP are at the minute, have they thrown you in at the deep end or have you been trained up on your role sufficiently?

I was told by Pas in my offer email that it could be deferred

I was told by Pas in my offer email that it could be deferred

Was that the notification on your message board of you being placed or the email from the dept you got assigned to?

Also were you on an open or Interdepartmental stream?

Was that the notification on your message board of you being placed or the email from the dept you got assigned to?

Also were you on an open or Interdepartmental stream?

It was an email from Pas to my personal email address stating they have reached my place and this was the offer. They specifically stated that I could defer due to the position being more than 45km from my home address.

I am in the open stream.

• Advertisement

Can i ask if your offer was in the county you live in?

Im currently working in Dublin, Living in Louth. I was offered a placement a Dublin based department (pretty hard to get to as its well south of the Liffey)

When i explained the difficulties of the commute I was told that the offer I received was the only offer I would receive.

Advertisement