Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭MFPM

amc112 wrote: »
    I have just received an email from PAS re interview in 2 weeks time....I thought the 2019 panel was done but seems they are still taking from it!
    Any interview advice?? I really had put it out if my head that it would come up so now I’m nervous!!

Well done. The interview is competency-based, they normally have a three-person panel, one to moderate and observe and two others who will split the competencies between them.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/documents/Executive_Officer_Competencies.pdf

They will have your application form open in front of them.

They then go through each of the competencies and ask for examples and they use the STAR method - they want to know the situation you were in, what you did and the result of your action. They want to hear 'I' a lot.

Have 1-2 examples for each competency, if they ask for more it means you're not illustrating your point well enough for them.

Each section is timed so don't waffle, get to the point ASAP. When time runs out they move on.

They may ask you at the end about what you bring to the public service and why you're a good fit for it.

Each competency is scored out of 50, 20 is a pass. It lasts for about 40 mins.

Hope that helps a little...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shiv2017

amc112 wrote: »
    I have just received an email from PAS re interview in 2 weeks time....I thought the 2019 panel was done but seems they are still taking from it!
    Any interview advice?? I really had put it out if my head that it would come up so now I’m nervous!!

Congratulations thats brilliant! Can i ask what number you were placed after the apptitude please?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 singmeasongy

Anybody called for interview for Clare or Limerick recently?

Pre covid they had interviewed up to a few off my number in OPEN but heard nothing. Not sure if even the people interviewed already got job offers.

Once people get job offers from 2020 EO comp will they automatically close this?
    Only Dublin have been interviewed so hoping this might have more legs yet but highly doubtful to get notice of interview at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Alan1473

Anybody called for interview for Clare or Limerick recently?

Pre covid they had interviewed up to a few off my number in OPEN but heard nothing. Not sure if even the people interviewed already got job offers.

Once people get job offers from 2020 EO comp will they automatically close this?
    Only Dublin have been interviewed so hoping this might have more legs yet but highly doubtful to get notice of interview at this stage.

Hi there,

I have been waiting to be called for Clare/Limerick since last March and am placed high in both locations.

They have called 28 for interview for Limerick and 7 people for Clare - This has not moved since early 2019.... Disaster unless you choose to move to Dublin realistically!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WishfullT

Hi all, first time to post, so I apologise in advance. Can anyone tell me what the usual procedure is with the Executive Officer campaign. After they have called the first batch of Dublin for E-Tray/Interviews; and then the first batch of regional counties; approx how long would people expect to wait for second round of Regional counties? I am wondering for example in the 2019 campaign how far did they get numbers wise for Longford/Leitrim? Many thanks in advance

• Advertisement

WishfullT wrote: »
    Hi all, first time to post, so I apologise in advance. Can anyone tell me what the usual procedure is with the Executive Officer campaign. After they have called the first batch of Dublin for E-Tray/Interviews; and then the first batch of regional counties; approx how long would people expect to wait for second round of Regional counties? I am wondering for example in the 2019 campaign how far did they get numbers wise for Longford/Leitrim? Many thanks in advance

It really depends on the county and the services located there. Social Protection, for example, has regular enough recruitment so counties that have offices can see ongoing recruitment. Specifically, on the counties, you mention - Leitrim is notoriously slow on recruitment, not a huge amount of services and lowish numbers working in them. Longford has a sizeable Social Protection office and other services so recruitment is higher. I got a placement in Longford in September 2020 for the 2019 campaign which started in January 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 amc112

Shiv2017 wrote: »
    Congratulations thats brilliant! Can i ask what number you were placed after the apptitude please?

25 Waterford 32 Tipp 😊

It really depends on the county and the services located there. Social Protection, for example, has regular enough recruitment so counties that have offices can see ongoing recruitment. Specifically, on the counties, you mention - Leitrim is notoriously slow on recruitment, not a huge amount of services and lowish numbers working in them. Longford has a sizeable Social Protection office and other services so recruitment is higher. I got a placement in Longford in September 2020 for the 2019 campaign which started in January 2019.[/quote]

Thank you so much for your informative reply, I really appreciate it.
    Just in relation to your experience, and I obviously don’t want to get too personal, but after the aptitude test before the e-tray what was your score? I am worried that by the time they get finished with the current batch of E-trays, this panel will be closed. I know from the 2019 thread there wasn’t a lot of movement.
    Yes Longford has a few more services and given the new Social office on the Ballinalee Road, there would be a bit more hope for Longford.
    Congrats on your placement btw, how are you finding it? WFM?

Thank you so much for your informative reply, I really appreciate it.
    Just in relation to your experience, and I obviously don’t want to get too personal, but after the aptitude test before the e-tray what was your score? I am worried that by the time they get finished with the current batch of E-trays, this panel will be closed. I know from the 2019 thread there wasn’t a lot of movement.
    Yes Longford has a few more services and given the new Social office on the Ballinalee Road, there would be a bit more hope for Longford.
    Congrats on your placement btw, how are you finding it? WFM?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone have any update on the Irish language panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Hi anyone that has done interview online can you tell me if you can have your application form in front of you while doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JP2020

Mellybelly wrote: »
    Hi anyone that has done interview online can you tell me if you can have your application form in front of you while doing it?

I was advised no to application form but nothing stopping you putting post its on your laptop screen

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

anyone from Kerry hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ArtCurios78

After over a year of nothing I just got an invitation for an interview for EO 2019! I am batch 1 OOM 49 for Kildare + batch 3 OOM 18 for Meath. No idea which county they are interviewing me for! Seems very unlikely there will actually be time for me to be offered an actual job? Is there not a EO 2020 panel now?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭gestappo

After over a year of nothing I just got an invitation for an interview for EO 2019! I am batch 1 OOM 49 for Kildare + batch 3 OOM 18 for Meath. No idea which county they are interviewing me for! Seems very unlikely there will actually be time for me to be offered an actual job? Is there not a EO 2020 panel now?

When did you receive the invite?

They wouldn’t invite you without fully planning to assign you a place if successful so once you pass the interview it’s happy days!

I got the email on Friday afternoon, be interesting to see what they offer me if I pass the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Congratulations and best of luck with it. Pretty sure there is no 2020 panel outside of Dublin yet.

Thanks Guys! Has anyone started as an EO in either Kildare or Meath? If so, what kind of roles are they and how do you find the job? Is it worth leaving a stressful but better paid role in a multi-national?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 caseyeire

Did ETray in Carlow/Kilkenny on Thursday, anyone hear anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whollywoo

Any movement on the Laois/Offaly panel??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 RandomUser17

If you get an email with a OOM after interview, does that mean they have reached your batch does anyone know?

So if you get mail this morning saying you have been placed oom 3 in batch 3.2, are they starting to pull from 3.2 now or could they still be on an earlier batch?

Thanks

It seems like once you do the interview you can jump ahead of your previous OOM but could still be waiting for a good while for a position and the 2019 competition could close in the meantime? I am really not sure but the whole process is so slow-moving it is hard to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone on EO Irish language only panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whollywoo

Sr2020 wrote: »
    Nope still waiting with fingers and toes crossed ��
    Hey did you get placed after?

If you get an email with a OOM after interview, does that mean they have reached your batch does anyone know?

So if you get mail this morning saying you have been placed oom 3 in batch 3.2, are they starting to pull from 3.2 now or could they still be on an earlier batch?

Thanks

Yes. If they've gone to the bother of doing the interview it means there's a job coming up soon. You can ring or email Pas to see how many people are ahead of you...there could be some interdepartmental people ahead of you.

At what point do they tell you which county you have been called to interview forand what the position is? Have interview on Wed and quite nervous!

At what point do they tell you which county you have been called to interview forand what the position is? Have interview on Wed and quite nervous!

You get the results of your interview and then a new OOM. If and when a position becomes available, they contact you with a county and department. If you accept you are then sent a notice with a start date and section and who to report to. And finally, you'll get your exact job on your first day.

Would anyone happen to know how to access your original "long" application form? I can only see the short application form in my publicjobs portal with basic info on it. I have emailed PAS but not heard back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paris1974

Thanks

Can I ask what county are you on the panel for

• Advertisement

I had the interview today and it was tough, I hadn't prepared enough They asked me what is the civil service, what are the core values of the civil service, why do you want to be an executive officer and then the competencies.

Advertisement