Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you bring back or bring in if you were the Taoiseach of the Country?

Options
  • 13-12-2020 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

2Me I would bring back corporal punishments but not in schools. It would be for anyone who litters our beautiful Country or for anyone drunk and a danger.

It amazes me that the Japanese the Singapourings and the Australians are able to keep there countries beautiful and have respect for there beautiful countries and yet we destroys ours and have no respect for it.
    How hard is it if you are finished using a mask for instance to put it in the bin be it a bin on the street or at home instead of throwing it onto the footpath?
    My punishment for someone caught doing this would be 10 lashes on the back.
    For each piece of litter it would be 10 lashes.
    Been drunk and menace to society would be 20 lashes. Throwing glass on the ground would be 40 lashes 20 on the back and 20 on the backside.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Capital punishment for premeditated murder offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Corporal punishment for people who can't spell Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Corporal punishment for anyone who floats the idea of corporal punishment.

(and yes, I get the irony of this statement)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Mac Diarmada

And for pedos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Butter vouchers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

More public holidays

Build a wall around Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Assisted suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Psychiatric Hospital in every county with an A&E department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Corporal punishment for people who can't spell Taoiseach.

Oh I agree too right.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would legalise prostitution so ugly guys like me can get sex.

Why so you can degrade some poor Woman who has to sell her body for sex?
    Maybe get some confidence and sort out your looks. A woman loves a confident guy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Maybe get some confidence and sort out your looks. A woman loves a confident guy.

A brasser is far simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Every citizen would have to serve 1 year in the army or navy between 18 and 19, no exclusions.

biko wrote: »
    Every citizen would have to serve 1 year in the army or navy between 18 and 19, no exclusions.

Why?

AMKC wrote: »

Why doesn't the woman sort her financial and employment situation out? Why are you holding the man solely responsible when this is clearly a two way street?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

biko wrote: »

I think retail would do more good than the army. Karen is much more dangerous than the Germans these days.

I'd legalise all drugs and have them sold in chemists with support and dosage advice offered.

A large chunk of drug related deaths are due to poor quality product, drug trafficking and addiction. Tackle them all in one go. You can't cure addiction, but you can do more against it when the addicts aren't afraid to seek help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,871 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Masochists would have the country destroyed with litter.

• Advertisement

GarIT wrote: »
    I'd legalise all drugs and have them sold in chemists with support and dosage advice offered.

A large chunk of drug related deaths are due to poor quality product, drug trafficking and addiction. Tackle them all in one go. You can't cure addiction, but you can do more against it when the addicts aren't afraid to seek help.

Big opportunities there for the legal profession. Insurance charges would go through the roof for chemists.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

premeditated ? What other type is there ?

Why doesn't the woman sort her financial and employment situation out? Why are you holding the man solely responsible when this is clearly a two way street?

Some women just enjoy it, or want to do it for the money. I know one, makes much more than a software developer without having to get an education and for only a few hours work a week. A potential client just gave her €250 for Christmas clothes the other day and all she did was chat to him for half an hour and most importantly just be attractive. Probably not good long term career prospects though.

Big opportunities there for the legal profession. Insurance charges would go through the roof for chemists.

You could of course set it up that withough a prescription you are taking it at your own risk. Companies usually don't get sued for overdoses.

You could of course set it up that withough a prescription you are taking it at your own risk. Companies usually don't get sued for overdoses.

Would it be done by appointment, or like the pub trade?

Would it be done by appointment, or like the pub trade?

Neither. More like cigarettes in a supermarket.

Some women just enjoy it, or want to do it for the money. I know one, makes much more than a software developer without having to get an education and for only a few hours work a week. A potential client just gave her €250 for Christmas clothes the other day and all she did was chat to him for half an hour and most importantly just be attractive. Probably not good long term career prospects though.

I know it doesnt exactly look good on the cv

And for pedos.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gardesana Pecher

Few environmental ones like mandatory bells for cats to try and reduce bird kill.
    Ban mountain biking and camping in forests. Dublin mountains destroyed in tyre tracks and fire pits.

• Advertisement

premeditated ? What other type is there ?

I should have been more specific, I was referring to murder and voluntary manslaughter.

However, murder, attempted murder, voluntary manslaughter....and paedos.

Also, anyone who likes the Rubberbandits.

Advertisement