Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you bring back or bring in if you were the Taoiseach of the Country?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Move Revenue year end back to April where it was, sure why not even to 30th June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Open our borders to all with public housing and full benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Any Irish person who wears a poppy gets 100 lashes.
    Anyone who says the phrase Wet Pubs gets 50 lashes
    Anyone who votes for ffg gets a death sentence
    Peados and Murderers also get the firing squad
    Anyone who takes advantage of the elderly or a person with special needs gets thrown in a river full of piranha

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Commemorate the RIC more. Annual day of remembereance anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

National borders

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

- Eliminate all foreign aid until there is nothing left in this country to spend it on and no one in need
    - Establish a points based immigration system
    - Secure long-term energy independence by building a nuclear power station
    - Utilize any and all energy resources available to us in the meantime - oil, coal, gas, fracking. The lot.
    - Establish a gulag in deepest Roscommon for political dissidents

A kind of benevolent dictatorship. I'll be back later with more thoughts on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ByTheSea2019

A legal requirement for all third level colleges to make their courses available on an online, flexible, part-time basis by recording lectures for people who want to retrain and need to work. There might be a small number of courses where this woudn't be feasible e.g. heath sciences, but for the majority it would be. I would have labs held on Saturdays for others.

I wouldn't have any time for an argument that you need face to face interaction for discussion. Covid proves it can be done online. Maybe have tutorials in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

old style mental institutions , its one of the reasons for homelessness and prison numbers , some people just cannot manage in this world and need to be in a controlled enviroment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Something else I would bring in... Mandatory minimum sentences of 1 month per previous criminal conviction with no parole or good behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

GarIT wrote: »
    Something else I would bring in... Mandatory minimum sentences of 1 month per previous criminal conviction with no parole or good behavior.

Have you done the costings on that?

Have you done the costings on that?

Nope, and I don't really care either. The cost to society of people not getting prison sentences is higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

Legalise cannabis

And maybe more...

Seize and destroy any vehicle detected over the speed limit, or with no tax or insurance or no NCT. For a second offence, life imprisonment without parole for the driver and any passengers. Would bring down the number of deaths on the roads.

Nope, and I don't really care either. The cost to society of people not getting prison sentences is higher.

You need to work out the costs. If we had the same prison population per head as the USA we would need to have 40,000 prison places instead of the current 4,000. Your scheme would make that even higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ban SUVs.

The televised execution of Ray Darcy.

Fact finding expeditions to Carlow and Roscommon.

Irelands Call to banned on pain of an almighty kick to the anus.

A physical fitness test every 2 years with consequences i.e an incremental body-fat tax.

The continued domestication of the dog.

Mandatory abortions for all regardless gender identity.

No more motorway art.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Abolish private health care, health care should be free for all and no corporation should get rich on human misery

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭nedkelly123

Close ATM machines between 4am to 6 am ..
    nothing good come from taking out money at those hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

AMKC wrote: »
    2Me I would bring back corporal punishments but not in schools. It would be for anyone who litters our beautiful Country or for anyone drunk and a danger.

It amazes me that the Japanese the Singapourings and the Australians are able to keep there countries beautiful and have respect for there beautiful countries and yet we destroys ours and have no respect for it.
    How hard is it if you are finished using a mask for instance to put it in the bin be it a bin on the street or at home instead of throwing it onto the footpath?
    My punishment for someone caught doing this would be 10 lashes on the back.
    For each piece of litter it would be 10 lashes.
    Been drunk and menace to society would be 20 lashes. Throwing glass on the ground would be 40 lashes 20 on the back and 20 on the backside.

I'd concur but I would extend it to two dozen lashes for anyone who can't tell the difference between "been" and "being".

Capital punishment for premeditated murder offences.

Why do people insist on wasting their breath by saying they'd would introduce capital punishment or that they support its introduction?

It CAN'T be introduced because it gas been banned and it has been legislated that it can NEVER be reintroduced.

• Advertisement

Why do people insist on wasting their breath by saying they'd would introduce capital punishment or that they support its introduction?

It CAN'T be introduced because it gas been banned and it has been legislated that it can NEVER be reintroduced.

You know neither you or I will ever be the Taoiseach Mr. Shatter? Should the new LOTR be cancelled because rings can't actually give people power?

You pay for it. See how much you care then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd sack everybody in management and administrative jobs in the HSE and rebuild it. Might cost millions to get rid of them but I'm looking to save billions.
    If your on social welfare for over six months you have to do work 20 hours work per week in the community to get your money. Obviously if you have interviews you'll do less hours in any week that you have them.
    Ban sale of alcohol in supermarkets. It's not ok for kids to see alcohol in shops and think it's part of life.
    I have loads more but I'll just go with those three for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

biko wrote: »
    Every citizen would have to serve 1 year in the army or navy between 18 and 19, no exclusions.

Hmmm, you'll need a special anti-bullying task force with sexual offences unit attached to it. Also who will police the police of this forced labour?
    AMKC wrote: »
    2Me I would bring back corporal punishments but not in schools. It would be for anyone who litters our beautiful Country or for anyone drunk and a danger.

It amazes me that the Japanese the Singapourings and the Australians are able to keep there countries beautiful and have respect for there beautiful countries and yet we destroys ours and have no respect for it.
    How hard is it if you are finished using a mask for instance to put it in the bin be it a bin on the street or at home instead of throwing it onto the footpath?
    My punishment for someone caught doing this would be 10 lashes on the back.
    For each piece of litter it would be 10 lashes.
    Been drunk and menace to society would be 20 lashes. Throwing glass on the ground would be 40 lashes 20 on the back and 20 on the backside.

OP, I love you. You've given me the best pseudo-malapropism ever for my book. Also, you're very keen on the auld lashing. Would you be into giving or receiving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I'd introduce a drinking licence, without which it would be illegal to purchase or consume any alcoholic beverage. Anyone over 16 could apply for one, but if their drinking affects other people or society negatively (in terms of noise, violence, disorderly conduct, public vomiting, etc), their licence is revoked for a set period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Legalise cannabis
    Decriminalise all drugs
    Invest in mental health & social issues
    Lower rents & house prices
    Higher taxes for multi international companies, invest in small businesses and provide support for lower income jobs
    Create affordable part time & online PLC & third level educational opportunities beyond generic springboard bio/pharma/finance courses
    Invest in working from home
    Invest in public transport
    Invest in rural areas
    Introduce chemical castration for Pedophiles & violent rapists
    Create Prison reform & put prisoners to work in the community.
    Lower insurance prices and car tax

• Registered Users Posts: 33,162 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

biko wrote: »
    Every citizen would have to serve 1 year in the army or navy between 18 and 19, no exclusions.
    Why?

Because he thinks it'll build a stronger more patriotic and law-abiding robot.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,162 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

.anon. wrote: »
    I'd introduce a drinking licence, without which it would be illegal to purchase or consume any alcoholic beverage. Anyone over 16 could apply for one, but if their drinking affects other people or society negatively (in terms of noise, violence, disorderly conduct, public vomiting, etc), their licence is revoked for a set period of time.

Good luck getting that one past the Vintners!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

.anon. wrote: »

I think this is an excellent idea but the legal age is 18, not 16.

• Advertisement

Legalise cannabis
    Decriminalise all drugs
    Invest in mental health & social issues
    Lower rents & house prices
    Higher taxes for multi international companies, invest in small businesses and provide support for lower income jobs
    Create affordable part time & online PLC & third level educational opportunities beyond generic springboard bio/pharma/finance courses
    Invest in working from home
    Invest in public transport
    Invest in rural areas
    Introduce chemical castration for Pedophiles & violent rapists
    Create Prison reform & put prisoners to work in the community.
    Lower insurance prices and car tax

What happens to the rapists who are convicted, castrated and then later found to be completely innocent or fitted up by a lying victim?

Advertisement