Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smoeky

Can I ask when was your package delivered? I had an oversized package from last Friday that has gone missing and wasn't checked in, theyre looking for it at the moment but I'm not holding my breath.

If you're in Dublin it may be worthwhile going into the depot and asking if you can pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hitter44

smoeky wrote: »
    Can I ask when was your package delivered? I had an oversized package from last Friday that has gone missing and wasn't checked in, theyre looking for it at the moment but I'm not holding my breath.

If you're in Dublin it may be worthwhile going into the depot and asking if you can pick it up.

god i wish i could (not even close to dublin), you just gotta hit the find a parcel thing on the site. it only took a day after being marked as delivered by the first courier to check it in. their support is kinda terrible to be honest, but you should keep nagging them that's what i will be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meepp

That's encouraging. Still no word on my parcel. How did you keep at thrm? Through email?[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I would say there is but you need to call them straight away even though you will he on hold for ages.

Just an update for anyone else this happens to...there's no way to prevent the parcel landing at parcel motel HQ, even if you close your account. They'll accept the parcel and if there's no corresponding PM account they'll destroy it after 30 days. Have to say they were very helpful when I spoke to them today, even if it wasn't the answer I was hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Debenhams doesn't seem to be listed on on the Parcel Motel returns list but yet listed here https://parcelmotel.com/return/debenhams/ and on the Debenhams site - anyone know why?

Only other option is to 'Take the parcel to a Post Office and obtain a proof of posting' but who wants to be queuing at a post office at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭yourhero

Their main office is 10 mins from my house (d11) so I've started calling to their reception desk. A lot harder to ignore. Have a delivery 'stuck' up north for 2 weeks without movement so patience running very low.
    It's not possible for everyone to do this but if you can I recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What's the delays people are experiencing at the moment from when something is checked in at their depot and marked as in transit until it actually arrives in your motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I had something delivered to parcel motel last saturday (It was DPD uk tracked) and not gotten any update from PM.

I filled in lost package form and got some automated email with a case ID.

I have had no other update. I have replied to that case twice asking for an update.

Poor form tbh. I have over €50 credit in my account but if this is the service expected I may request a refund

Did you not get an initial update saying it arrived with a photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

No that's why I contacted them. DPD tracked delivery to them shows it delivered but then the trail stops.

I guess its in some backlog warehouse waiting (6 days now) to be processed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 smoeky

LizardKing wrote: »
    No that's why I contacted them. DPD tracked delivery to them shows it delivered but then the trail stops.

I guess its in some backlog warehouse waiting (6 days now) to be processed.

I have a package from Friday that I've yet to hear about.
    I called them and they started a search on 2 days ago. Still haven't heard back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Hurrache wrote: »
    What's the delays people are experiencing at the moment from when something is checked in at their depot and marked as in transit until it actually arrives in your motel?

For me it's still been less than 24 hours usually

Cheers.
    I did notice a new status on this that I haven't on any other parcels, Location - PMD, Status - Depot Outbound Package.
    That's probably just saying it's on the Parcel Motel Depot? 3rd day since they got it, usually get it within 24 hours too but I suppose nothing extraordinary given the circumstances and time of year.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Cheers.
    I did notice a new status on this that I haven't on any other parcels, Location - PMD, Status - Depot Outbound Package.
    That's probably just saying it's on the Parcel Motel Depot? 3rd day since they got it, usually get it within 24 hours too but I suppose nothing extraordinary given the circumstances and time of year.

A friend of mine had a package confiscated by customs last year. The first status said inspection by customs and the second one said Depot Outbound package. And then there was never an update after that.

Was your package dodgy or from outside the EU?

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/Crainn/comments/gqa2yp/parcel_motel_i_know/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

I've had issues with them since the 8th.

Timeline:

6th-8th November: They placed an item in a faulty locker, over the 48 hours I called and e-mailed about it to no avail.

9th November: Item gets brought back to depot.

9th - 17th November: More unanswered calls and e-mails.

18th November: A rep gets in touch with me via e-mail from one of the many tickets my e-mails seem to have opened (find my Parcel was useless), apologizes for the experience and tells me that the parcel will be given a new label and put back in a locker.

19th November - Now: Status on ParcelMotel says "ReturnedToAgency", I've got about 12 e-mails sent to PM asking for an update on where my parcel is and not a single phone call answered. Every time I e-mail, it creates a new ticket, even though I'm replying to an email an agent sent to me which outlines if I reply directly to that mail, it'll be the same ticket :confused:

Been using them for about 4 years now with over 300 parcels stored but this has left a sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Hi, sorry if this has been answered already here, but just found this thread and I'm not going to read back 56 pages :)

I ordered something (small item maybe 500g) off ebay on 11 Nov from a UK seller / shop. Item was posted that night. I used ParcelMotel as my address (the Irish one, kicking myself now I forgot about the UK option).

It was shipped using standard Royal Mail post. No sign of it yet. And, this Wednesday I wrote to the seller asking if there is a tracking number, no reply thus far.

Should I be worried, 2.5 weeks now. I hope this is a stupid question, but for now, there is no customs involved, right?

Thanks

Mod:not relevant to An Post. Moved to PM thread. No customs effect until Jan 1 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Ok my parents ordered a parcel from Lakeland and put my mums name on it instead of my dads, addressed to PM up north with no PM number on it or anything.

How easy is it thesedays to contact Parcelmotel and get it sent to his account? Bearing in mind their age means they don't have the patience anymore.

A friend of mine had a package confiscated by customs last year. The first status said inspection by customs and the second one said Depot Outbound package. And then there was never an update after that.

Was your package dodgy or from outside the EU?

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/Crainn/comments/gqa2yp/parcel_motel_i_know/

It got checked in late last night so it's all grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Ok my parents ordered a parcel from Lakeland and put my mums name on it instead of my dads, addressed to PM up north with no PM number on it or anything.

How easy is it thesedays to contact Parcelmotel and get it sent to his account? Bearing in mind their age means they don't have the patience anymore.

With my experience of them in the past few months, virtually impossible :(.

I ordered something (small item maybe 500g) off ebay on 11 Nov from a UK seller / shop. Item was posted that night. I used ParcelMotel as my address (the Irish one, kicking myself now I forgot about the UK option).

It was shipped using standard Royal Mail post.

Mod:not relevant to An Post. Moved to PM thread. No customs effect until Jan 1 2021

Hi, thanks for moving it to here. However, and maybe I don't understand the process as I don't buy online much, but would the Royal Mail not sent to Ireland, and then An Post take over and deliver it to Parcel Motel in Dublin 11? As I said, I supplied the Dublin PM address to ebay.

I had E3.95 in my PM account and rather than top up another E11 or whatever, I registered a card there. Could that be the issue?

• Advertisement

Hi, thanks for moving it to here. However, and maybe I don't understand the process as I don't buy online much, but would the Royal Mail not sent to Ireland, and then An Post take over and deliver it to Parcel Motel in Dublin 11? As I said, I supplied the Dublin PM address to ebay.

I had E3.95 in my PM account and rather than top up another E11 or whatever, I registered a card there. Could that be the issue?

No, generally you'd get a notification when it arrives to say you don't have enough credit. So it seems it hasn't arrived to PM yet, or the wrong PM number was on the parcel.

It might be worth emailing PM or using the "find a parcel" function, in case the parcel is there but hasn't been sorted for some reason

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its hard to know where to out it, because you have 3 different companies involved. Every one of them have delays. Some people have seen delays of over a week just getting it out of the UK and An Post are handling over 2million parcels a week at the moment. PM seem to be at the mercy of people collecting from various locker locations, are delayed because of it. It’s probably in a cage in Dublin, as An Post seem to be giving priority to Amazon at the moment. Customs shouldn’t be involved unless it looks like tablets, medication etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Quick question,
    Looking to get a couple of gaming chairs shipped from UK, I assume they'll be flat packed what's the best company for? I have parcel motel but probably too bulky for them and how much roughly

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Quick question,
    Looking to get a couple of gaming chairs shipped from UK, I assume they'll be flat packed what's the best company for? I have parcel motel but probably too bulky for them and how much roughly

You need to get proper dimensions for the boxes and go to something like Parcel2go to get a price. Pointless without dimensions as you are assuming they will be flapacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

If you stay on hold they’ll eventually answer. Anything from 7-30 minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For the two times something similar happened me, I filled in their online form and they worked it all out.

Things are certainly a little slower at the moment, but I have never had anything go missing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If you stay on hold they’ll eventually answer. Anything from 7-30 minutes.

I spent hours on the phone to them the week before last, never got to speak to anyone and gave up. Who has time for that ? Same regards emails, they have gone unanswered.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sligopaul

Most recent parcel was 12 days from Ballymena to Sligo ( 12 Nov to 24 Nov ) and no notification of receipt other than tracker from courier that it was delivered, feel lucky it eventually landed.....

whiterebel wrote: »
    Its hard to know where to out it, because you have 3 different companies involved. Every one of them have delays. Some people have seen delays of over a week just getting it out of the UK and An Post are handling over 2million parcels a week at the moment. PM seem to be at the mercy of people collecting from various locker locations, are delayed because of it. It’s probably in a cage in Dublin, as An Post seem to be giving priority to Amazon at the moment. Customs shouldn’t be involved unless it looks like tablets, medication etc.

Thanks, I'll just wait hopefully not too long, just worried it was lost. It's a small car part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Still chasing them for a refund on an item Parcel Motel signed for at the start of October.

Advertisement