Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

How many people in Ireland only have access to RTE in this day and age?

I would have thought that since the likes of the internet and saorview came along it's close to zero.

In fairness I did say "main (or only)" source. I presume in a lot of cases it would be the former rather than the latter. The point still stands though.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

How many people in Ireland only have access to RTE in this day and age?

I would have thought that since the likes of the internet and saorview came along it's close to zero.
    My father has over 100 channels but he only watches two of them and very rarely the second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

majcos wrote: »
    My father has over 100 channels but he only watches two of them and very rarely the second one!

Babestation?

Babestation?
    I walked right into that one but my mother is there closely monitoring his viewing so it’s definitely not that channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You might need to elaborate in that one so it's makes even a bit of sense.

They are telling us we need restrictions to protect the vulnerable but when the vulnerable are vaccinated what will they tell us we need them for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Gael23 wrote: »
    They are telling us we need restrictions to protect the vulnerable but when the vulnerable are vaccinated what will they tell us we need them for

Addiction and control and limelight.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭aziz

Gael23 wrote: »

Don’t worry,they will come up with something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Another Hospital outbreak.
    This time Waterford.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40120547.html

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

El Sueño wrote: »
    I'm sure others will have many more examples.

Just my 2c
    Today's one was, "One in five people say they're unlikely to stick with the restrictions this Christmas".

Which means that 4 in 5 said they were likely to stick with the restrictions. But that doesn't get the blood all angried up.

One could ask what the difference is. And it's negativity. It disheartens people, it implies that you're the only gob****e trying to stick to the rules, and it's a waste of time, because nobody else is. It gets you angry about the people who don't care - that's the intention of writing it that way.

Reporting the positive slant does the opposite. It inspires, it encourages. It gives people hope that things can work out, that everyone is making an effort and your efforts are not in vain. It makes you hopeful about people and thankful that they're putting in an effort.

But happier people engage less. They spend less time doomscrolling, don't bother tuning into Claire Byrne Live and Primetime, and they don't respond to Tweets. So RTE (and the rest of the media) don't really want to get into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Not for me I have not purchased any of their stuff since.

What about Bradys ham though?

• Advertisement

HeyV wrote: »
    A Facebook group called ‘Alerting Parents of outbreaks in schools in Ireland’ has a few posts naming schools. As it is Facebook, I don’t want to be posting links, but that group is there is anyone wishes to look them up.

Yes, it names about ten schools in Co Galway with recent cases but its not apparent which has the mega outbreak that the Irish Mirror was referring to but not naming

HSE operations report 1/12

As of 8pm, Covid cases hospitalised 227 (increase from 222)

Letterkenny 38
    Tallaght 22
    Beaumont 21
    Kilkenny 21 - increase from 15
    James 21
    Vincent’s 20
    Mater 17
    (Waterford increase from 2 to 6 - mentioned on earlier post for having an outbreak)

ICU confirmed cases 31 - increase from 30
    Ventilated 20 - increase from 18
    No deaths in ICU last 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

When are the pubs opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 didyoufart?

frank8211 wrote: »
    where are all these cases in Kilkenny coming from in the last 2 weeks, anyone know. There was a big lot in a school in north kilkenny but there must be other source

I know 12 adults affected from an outbreak in a primary school 16km South of Kilkenny city.

One of these adults also passed it onto ten work colleagues as well.

Its the cause of the spiralling cases. The schools are lethal as there asymptomatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

What they mean by negative reporting is simply reporting. These people don’t believe in a pandemic, it’s all made up, to scare us sheeple.

We should hide under our beds when we’re not curtain twitching, because anything they disagree with is farcical scare mongering to stop them going for a few pints and what about mental health? All the suicides? All for a so called deadly virus with, yawn, a 99.6% survival rate, stick on Ivor Cummings he explains it all very clearly.

There's always fools.

aziz wrote: »
    Don’t worry,they will come up with something

I feel that they are already starting to move on to ‘long Covid’ as a reason to keep restrictions in place beyond the vaccination of the vulnerable

I feel that they are already starting to move on to ‘long Covid’ as a reason to keep restrictions in place beyond the vaccination of the vulnerable

“They”, you can’t be keeping up with “them” can you, “those” bastards and “their” conspiracy to keep everyone at home because.............?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mammychicken

Saw panorama tonight lads it’s wake up time I’m cancer treatment compromised but this is so wrong on every level I have kids hopefully grandkids please think about them I’m working all the way through it even in the first lock down please can we just mind the kids and their kids there is nothing we cannot overcome the future is theirs xx

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭aziz

Then it will be ‘longer COVID’,‘extended Covid’,’12 inch Covid remix’and ‘covid’s greatest hits’😷

I know 12 adults affected from an outbreak in a primary school 16km South of Kilkenny city.

One of these adults also passed it onto ten work colleagues as well.

Its the cause of the spiralling cases. The schools are lethal as there asymptomatic.
    One person passing it on to ten work colleagues? That workplace needs to immediately reassess their practices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

HSE operations report 1/12

As of 8pm, Covid cases hospitalised 227 (increase from 222)

Letterkenny 38
    Tallaght 22
    Beaumont 21
    Kilkenny 21 - increase from 15
    James 21
    Vincent’s 20
    Mater 17
    (Waterford increase from 2 to 6 - mentioned on earlier post for having an outbreak)

ICU confirmed cases 31 - increase from 30
    Ventilated 20 - increase from 18
    No deaths in ICU last 24 hours.

What are the bets that rte report that hospital cases have increased???

• Registered Users Posts: 37,603 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

seamus wrote:
    Reporting the positive slant does the opposite. It inspires, it encourages. It gives people hope that things can work out, that everyone is making an effort and your efforts are not in vain. It makes you hopeful about people and thankful that they're putting in an effort.
    I'm not doing anything stupid but realise there's loads of idiots out doing stupid things. I'm not going to feel at any stage that I should do stupid things or get angry that some clown is doing stupid so long as they don't come near my family.
    I couldn't care less about the idiots. I care for the people they might infect who are unaware of how stupid they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,603 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

“Theyâ€, you can’t be keeping up with “them†can you, “those†bastards and “their†conspiracy to keep everyone at home because.............?
    We have a virus which kills people, we have long covid. Any concerns about the potential for longer term consequences from this thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

speckle wrote: »

The International Military Games in Wuhan back in October 2019 are still a big source of interest.. has there been any follow up studies from this I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

The International Military Games in Wuhan back in October 2019 are still a big source of interest.. has there been any follow up studies from this I wonder.

I thought I read recently it went back to September in Italy.

I did -
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing/researchers-find-coronavirus-was-circulating-in-italy-earlier-than-thought-idUKKBN27V0KF

One person passing it on to ten work colleagues? That workplace needs to immediately reassess their practices.

Schools need to be reassessed first. The workplaces would stay clean and cases would lower if L5 hadn't kept them open and other innocent places shut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I thought I read recently it went back to September in Italy.

I read that this data by a cancer institute was inconclusive due to possibility the antibodies discovered could have been a cross-reaction from other Coronaviruses, I.E. not necessarily Sars-Cov2. September is too early imo.

ETA: From reading that paper, it will be interesting to see what WHO uncovers following discussions with paper authors and further analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

What are the bets that rte report that hospital cases have increased???

Be something like this if we could bet on it.

200.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement