Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

eagle eye wrote: »
    You personally attacked me in the last post and quoted.
    You didn't answer the question I posted you quoted either but instead went on a personal attack.

I asked you for facts as you talked about the societal and economic damage done by the lockdown.

I answered your question with my opinion, pointing out your rank hypocrisy is a statement of fact not a personal attack. If you think it was you have been attacked by multiple posters, the evidence is your post here about how you are doing ok but expect others to lockdown to protect you no matter the damage to their lives. The ultimate in selfishness. Your mask has slipped lad.
    If you need a random individual on an internet forum to educate you about the damage Coivd has done to society and our economy it's quite obvious you have no interest in knowing the costs but seem to be on a windup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Vaccination to begin in the North in 12 days time

Very good news

Healthcare workers first in line

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

It’s an absolute fcukin disgrace that nurses were sent out annual retention fee letters yesterday.
    100 euro to be paid to keep their name and pin on the register. The same pin they studied and worked for 4 years to earn.it should have been waved this year as a good will gesture.
    The year that’s in it then and they working flat out during a pandemic and putting their lives at risk and they barely earning pennies.
    A total fcukin farce

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It’s an absolute fcukin disgrace that nurses were sent out annual retention fee letters yesterday.
    100 euro to be paid to keep their name and pin on the register. The same pin they studied and worked for 4 years to earn.it should have been waved this year as a good will gesture.
    The year that’s in it then and they working flat out during a pandemic and putting their lives at risk and they barely earning pennies.
    A total fcukin farce
    Why? Not all of them have been working "flat out". FYI, almost 95% of registrants have renewed to date so they clearly don't feel the same as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I haven't heard one person I know complain about their finances. I know a lot of people from all sectors. Maybe there are some and they are not talking about it but I haven't heard of anybody in bad shape.

Just for your benefit so. I work in weddings. I was on the cusp of having my best ever year with a very full 2020 calendar. My income has been cut by 75% due to the pandemic. Now you've heard one person complain about their finances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Have you facts on the cost to society and the economy?
    I can tell you there's been no major changes in my finances, nothing other than not going into my.parents house and kids missing their friends a little as far as societal issues.

Are you actually serious.

Most selfish self centered post i have ever seen.

Just for your benefit so. I work in weddings. I was on the cusp of having my best ever year with a very full 2020 calendar. My income has been cut by 75% due to the pandemic. Now you've heard one person complain about their finances.
    I could add at least a dozen self employed and SMEs who are in the very same boat and the government supports are not as easy to get as they look. Some have been waiting since June to get things straightened out.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Why? Not all of them have been working "flat out". FYI, almost 95% of registrants have renewed to date so they clearly don't feel the same as you.

Not a hope have 95% paid it to date.the letters went out yesterday.
    Ask them how they feel about paying it.
    It’s a farce.working a front line job and paying for the privilege to do so.
    The nurses in Scotland received a £500 gift for Christmas.
    The Irish system charges their nurses 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Vaccination to begin in the North in 12 days time

Very good news

Healthcare workers first in line

Some how Sinn Fein and the DUP will find a way to politicize it

Not a hope have 95% paid it to date.the letters went out yesterday.
    Ask them how they feel about paying it.
    It’s a farce.working a front line job and paying for the privilege to do so.
    The nurses in Scotland received a £500 gift for Christmas.
    The Irish system charges their nurses 100 euro.
    NMBI disagrees with you, which is where I got that number. I can't see where all this drama is coming from. If you want to work you need to be registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

You personally attacked me in the last post and quoted.
    You didn't answer the question I posted you quoted either but instead went on a personal attack.

I asked you for facts as you talked about the societal and economic damage done by the lockdown.

Do you mean the largest ever monthly increase in unemployment back in March?

Aviation, Hospitality decimated.

Or the €6.8 billion in extra funding needed to fund this (this has to be paid you know and it affects the economy)

GDP down almost 2%

Socially amateur sport, festivals, schooling, the state examinations fiasco and subsequent third level blended learning were all impacted and this effect has a societal impact.

Great all this doesn't affect you or anyone you know but this is not all about you and your circle of friends. I know peole who have lost jobs, freidnships and relationships as a direct result of covid.

Have a bit of empathy.

Do you agree with charging nurses 100 euro for the privilege to work,bearing in mind that they pay this annually without issue but with the year we have experienced it should have been waved

Do you agree with charging nurses 100 euro for the privilege to work,bearing in mind that they pay this annually without issue but with the year we have experienced it should have been waved
    I don't and even if I were a nurse I wouldn't expect it to be waived. It's not a privilege, it's a system ensuring that anyone calling themselves a nurse is registered. A good few professions have this type of concept.

I don't and even if I were a nurse I wouldn't expect it to be waived. It's not a privilege, it's a system ensuring that anyone calling themselves a nurse is registered. A good few professions have this type of concept.

As I’ve already stated, nurses pay the retention fee annually without issue, but for this year it should have been waved as a good will gesture.
    Ask any nurse about the above

As I’ve already stated, nurses pay the retention fee annually without issue, but for this year it should have been waved as a good will gesture.
    Why nurses specifically? Why not doctors or anyone else who has to pay a fee? That goodwill would last about as it took to publish the press release and then every other sector would be clamouring for some "goodwill".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

I've looked closely at the system of registration and I cannot see how a charge of €100 is justified. And they tried to increase the charge a couple of years ago. What I do see is lavish offices, generous salaries and frivolous spending on the part of the board. I agree with you that nurses are not looking for any extra for doing their job. At least not my wife or her colleagues.

Why nurses specifically? Why not doctors or anyone else who has to pay a fee? That goodwill would last about as it took to publish the press release and then every other sector would be clamouring for some "goodwill".

I’m speaking about nurses.
    I’m not speaking about any other sector.
    It’s a fcukin farce.stand outside and clap for them like leak and the lads.
    Oh and don’t forget the “wave of goodwill” that tubridy sent them last week.
    That will pay a mortgage alright.
    You want to use a bit of empathy the next time you are unfortunate enough to need the services of nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Given how infectious it is, it is very very likely that the location of the first large outbreak would also be the location of the first case.

Yes it is possible that patient zero picked it up from a "insert animal here" in "insert country here" and travelled to Wuhan while not infectious, just not probable.

I posted these links last night here that you might not have seen as well as the research paper on the antibodies found in the US bloodbank.. its more that it may have possibly started somewhere else within the country of presumed origin.. possibly either to the south or west and may have been masked by extremely large influenza outbreaks

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/30/asia/wuhan-china-covid-intl/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/01/health/covid-antibody-blood-december-study/index.html

https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/-2019-ncov-new-coronavirus/china-2019-ncov/838025-china-covid-19-1st-known-case-traces-back-to-november-2019-flutrackers-documentation-of-possible-early-2019-outbreak-trend

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BnAV3e4GyBA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

All frontline healthcare workers are expected to pay their statutory registration (and professional registration also in many cases) and are at the same risk of contracting Covid as their nursing colleagues-no waiving of fees this year for them either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

speckle wrote: »
    I posted these links last night here that you might not have seen as well as the research paper on the antibodies found in the US bloodbank.. its more that it may have possibly started somewhere else within the country of presumed origin.. possibly either to the south or west and may have been masked by extremely large influenza outbreaks

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/30/asia/wuhan-china-covid-intl/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/01/health/covid-antibody-blood-december-study/index.html

https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/-2019-ncov-new-coronavirus/china-2019-ncov/838025-china-covid-19-1st-known-case-traces-back-to-november-2019-flutrackers-documentation-of-possible-early-2019-outbreak-trend

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BnAV3e4GyBA

This Chinese have their earliest detected case at Nov 17 - which still predates the earliest cases in the USA?

• Advertisement

This Chinese have their earliest detected case at Nov 17 - which still predates the earliest cases in the USA?

Yep...potentially ruling out US. They way I am looking at it is... if antibodies (not just one odd isolated person) in a particular area/time show up and we can see where the first major amount of reactive antibodies where even before the first diaganoised case was... this may lead to tracking the original outbreak site wherever that is... not to blame but to help mititagating the same situation arising in the future... with an even earlier warning.
    Covid and other illnesses symptoms over lap... we dont want the next pandemic to go unnoticed potentially for the same reason again. This is separate issue than any governmental decisions that are flawed or due to a lack of transperancy or sharing data. About protecting both humans and other animal species.
    If you see any weak links in the above please point out.. just an idea I am thinking around at the moment.

speckle wrote: »
    Yep...potentially ruling out US. They way I am looking at it is... if antibodies (not just one odd isolated person) in a particular area/time show up and we can see where the first major amount of reactive antibodies where even before the first diaganoised case was... this may lead to tracking the original outbreak site wherever that is... not to blame but to help mititagating the same situation arising in the future... with an even earlier warning.
    Covid and other illnesses symptoms over lap... we dont want the next pandemic to go unnoticed potentially for the same reason again. This is separate issue than any governmental decisions that are flawed or due to a lack of transperancy or sharing data. About protecting both humans and other animal species.
    If you see any weak links in the above please point out.. just an idea I am thinking around at the moment.

Sounds reasonable in general, but given the high R number of Covid the odds of it getting imported into Wuhan from any great distance without lots of mini outbreaks along the way would still be slim (not impossible).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

I haven't heard one person I know complain about their finances. I know a lot of people from all sectors. Maybe there are some and they are not talking about it but I haven't heard of anybody in bad shape.

My income was cut by 50%. I lost one of my jobs because of this.

I just don't talk about it because I put other people first before my own needs.

Sounds reasonable in general, but given the high R number of Covid the odds of it getting imported into Wuhan from any great distance without lots of mini outbreaks along the way would still be slim (not impossible).

Thanks now thats an idea...must look at the timing of the extremely large influenza outbreaks that wasnt influenza when tested between the different areas especially along major transport networks.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-circulating-in-italy-as-early-as-september-2019-scientists-claim-12133825

Given Wuhan and Lombardy were the two initial large outbreaks Lombardy would be my first choice alternative to Wuhan.
    Finally before I move this to the conspiracy thread - I would like to point out that they farm Mink in Lombardy!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Why should it be waved?

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Why should it be waved?

As a good will gesture for working hard in dangerous and difficult conditions throughout the year.all Scottish nurses received a 500£ bonus as a good will gesture.
    The Irish system is to charge their nurses to work.
    If you need this explained to you there is something wrong somewhere

Ok the word is waived!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Ok the word is waived!

Is it sad that I feel a sense of relief with this post?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

A tad disappointing:

333 positive swabs on 11,788 swabs. 2.82% positive.

7 day positivity still at 2.7%.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement