Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

where are all these cases in Kilkenny coming from in the last 2 weeks, anyone know. There was a big lot in a school in north kilkenny but there must be other source

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

frank8211 wrote: »
    where are all these cases in Kilkenny coming from in the last 2 weeks, anyone know. There was a big lot in a school in north kilkenny but there must be other source

You can be fairly sure it’s a hospital Nursing home or manufacturing workplace.

A nursing home in Cork had 18 cases two weeks ago and they have near 40 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Does the number of deaths in recent weeks seem quite high for the number of cases reported?
    I haven't done the maths, just seems that way to me.
    Out breaks in homes and hospitals, protocol in certain hospitals was found to be lax . I personally know two older people who were admitted to hospital for non covid related medical issues and caught covid in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Rte run with the headline 18 deaths and no change in icu numbers, no mention of the drop in hospital numbers as positive news is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

I’m no fan of China, and they did a lot wrong, but I think this is harsh on them. They didn’t know what they had and they were the first to have to work out how to diagnose and deal with it. The suggestion from someone in that video that had China done something different, then it might not have spread as much is just nonsense. It would got everywhere eventually, no matter what China did. Even if they’d nuked Hubei province on day 1, someone would have already got out

I don’t know if I agree with that. Of course the US will take a ‘blame the Chinese’ slant. But the fact is, both China & WHO in the early part of 2020 shouted up and down about ‘discrimination’ if flights were halted from China. Had they reacted quicker and shut down the Hubei province earlier, we might not be where we are. They also seemed to try and cover up the problem rather than deal with it, despite infections growing rapidly. Lessons will be learned on all sides after this, including here in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

You can be fairly sure it’s a hospital Nursing home or manufacturing workplace.

A nursing home in Cork had 18 cases two weeks ago and they have near 40 this week.

In the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Rte run with the headline 18 deaths and no change in icu numbers, no mention of the drop in hospital numbers as positive news is not allowed.

And no flu deaths this year that is even better news.:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    In the city?
    think I saw Bishopstown mentioned somewhere, open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How long do want the headline to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Positive tests last 48hrs - 389
    Reported cases last 48hrs - 575

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Theres at least one school outbreak in Galway driving numbers.

pjohnson wrote: »

CountvonCount_Web_1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

How long do want the headline to be?

It's not mentioned fullstop, usually hospital numbers and icu numbers are mentioned together and I think it is deliberately omitted

It's not mentioned fullstop, usually hospital numbers and icu numbers are mentioned together and I think it is deliberately omitted

Come on now RTE would not do this.:P

Must be doing a lot of testing in Kilkenny.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Spike in cases in Tipp as well. Is it a school or workplace, or as a result of Tipps Munster final win..??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Wouldn't it be much easier to report the number of positive tests, minus any known anomalies such as same person tested twice? The number for each day should then be revised retrospectively if necessary after. That would give realistic and accurate 5/7/14 day averages which are really the important metrics for tracking progress. Our daily case figure really means nothing as it can be over/under-reported depending on what they want with backlogs and most days there are denotifications of previously announced cases (15 today and over 300 for the month of November).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

eagle eye wrote: »
    So I just went on to their website and there is a story about the purchase of a vaccine which I can't imagine is negative. There is a report on a survey as regards thoughts on people entering Ireland from red regions, hardly negative.
    There's an article about the cost of the level 5 lockdown on the economy and health. I'd imagine it's pretty grim reading.
    And finally an article about steady trading today as restrictions relaxed.
    There's a story then about Northern Ireland deaths passing 1k.

So one article out of five that I'd call from reading as a dweller in the Republic of Ireland.
    Allinall wrote: »
    Eh... no they don’t.

Lads I'm sorry but anyone that can't see that RTE are massively negative in their reporting either doesn't watch RTE or is on a windup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Storm 10

School is in the County not the city they did not say which school it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lads I'm sorry but anyone that can't see that RTE are massively negative in their reporting either doesn't watch RTE or is on a windup
    All I did was look at the front page of their news section and have you all the articles on it related to covid.
    I don't read it very often and I don't watch Irish TV hardly ever.
    They certainly don't appear very negative going by the articles on the site.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    All I did was look at the front page of their news section and have you all the articles on it related to covid.
    I don't read it very often and I don't watch Irish TV hardly ever.
    They certainly don't appear very negative going by the articles on the site.

Believe me, they are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Polar101

El Sueño wrote: »

I generally don't watch RTE (or TV) myself, but they must be doing something right. We get commentary here daily from 6pm to 7pm about negative headlines, and later around 10pm when they interview the wrong people - all from people who really don't like RTE, but still watch them for some reason.

I've never watched a Sam McConkey interview, but some people seem to be obsessed with the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Previous 48 hrs
    Positive tests - 693
    Reported cases last - 542

It all seems to balance out eventually.

Polar101 wrote: »
    I generally don't watch RTE (or TV) myself, but they must be doing something right. We get commentary here daily from 6pm to 7pm about negative headlines, and later around 10pm when they interview the wrong people - all from people who really don't like RTE, but still watch them for some reason.

I've never watched a Sam McConkey interview, but some people seem to be obsessed with the guy.
    It's not a case of "don't watch it if you don't like it"

The issue is that for many people in the country RTE are the main (or only) source of news. Particularly older people.

RTE's constant misery and negativity about everything means that's all these people see, and it affects their outlook and mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

01-12-2020-p1.jpg
    01-12-2020-p2.jpg
    01-12-2020-p3.jpg
    01-12-2020-p4.jpg
    01-12-2020-p5.jpg
    01-12-2020-p6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

What they mean by negative reporting is simply reporting. These people don’t believe in a pandemic, it’s all made up, to scare us sheeple.

We should hide under our beds when we’re not curtain twitching, because anything they disagree with is farcical scare mongering to stop them going for a few pints and what about mental health? All the suicides? All for a so called deadly virus with, yawn, a 99.6% survival rate, stick on Ivor Cummings he explains it all very clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭verizon

I live near that school and surprised there hasn't been more daily cases. I also hear around the border to waterford is also quite bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

El Sueño wrote: »

Its not all bad news

abe-lincoln-squirrel.jpg

Oh....wait

hqdefault.jpg

What they mean by negative reporting is simply reporting. These people don’t believe in a pandemic, it’s all made up, to scare us sheeple.

We should hide under our beds when we’re not curtain twitching, because anything they disagree with is farcical scare mongering to stop them going for a few pints and what about mental health? All the suicides? All for a so called deadly virus with, yawn, a 99.6% survival rate, stick on Ivor Cummings he explains it all very clearly.
    85,000 deaths.

Keelings bringing in Plane loads of cheap labour while we are not allowed travel 5km from our homes.

€9 magical meals.

Flatten the curve.

Filthy face nappies everywhere.

Cash will kill you newspapers are fine.

Golf gate.

RTE leaving bash.

Anti lockdown protests will spread the virus BLM protests won't.

Dail bar sill open.

Guards immune from deadly virus and do not require filthy face nappy.

Phill Hogan.

People from the six counties and our newest ethnic minority free to move everywhere.

Magic vaccine developed in record time predicted by so called tin foil hat nuts deemed safe for the population but masks still must stay.

Sprits wines beers fags and lotto tickets can be sold but shirts for a funeral on the banned list.

Compliant morons with mask around their chin half the time are fine but people with genuine medical grounds for not wearing this filthy rag face harassment.

People paid to tell us to holiday in Ireland jet off to Spain.

I sure there is loads more feel free to add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

At jaysus. Not this filthy face nappies nonsense again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement