Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tork wrote: »
    At jaysus. Not this filthy face nappies nonsense again.

"€9 Euro magical meals" a highlight for me.

I dunno how someone thinking a soiled nappy goes on the face. That would be an education/how they were raised problem same with magic tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm sensible as regards this virus, I don't listen to stupidity as in what the government say on many things. I won't be attending restaurants, the height of stupidity, or packed shops.
    My kids never went back to school either, we are homeschooling until we deem it safe to send them back.
    I walk my dogs in an isolated area about 8km from my home, a lot safer than walking around an urban area.

Please teach them about courage in the face of adversity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

El Sueño wrote: »
    It's not a case of "don't watch it if you don't like it"

The issue is that for many people in the country RTE are the main (or only) source of news. Particularly older people.

RTE's constant misery and negativity about everything means that's all these people see, and it affects their outlook and mentality.

Why don't we just stop reporting on everything that might offend people or make them sad, sure while we are at it burn the books and remove all movies and shows on TV's as well.
    There goes Fair city, Reeling in the years, Dublin Murders, etc.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Remember Keelings :D that feels like an age ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

People keep them in their pocket I have seen it.
    The face nappy is worse than a snot rag up your grannies sleeve.

How often are these filthy rags washed be honest.

How many people have you witnessed doing this?

Besides, the point of masks is to stop people exhaling, coughing or sneezing infected droplets. If they choose to keep wearing the same mask, they're not harming anybody except themselves.

Since you ask, I own several reusable masks and only wear them once. I wash them at 60°C in disinfectant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Remember Keelings :D that feels like an age ago

Not for me I have not purchased any of their stuff since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Your loss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

Since you ask, I own several reusable masks and only wear them once. I wash them at 60°C in disinfectant.

But are you happy in your nappy? (Clap your hands)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

growleaves wrote: »
    But are you happy in your nappy? (Clap your hands)

Odd to ask about his bowel situation but manure may help growleaves I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Me neither, and that means Tesco fruit products as well.
    Lots of people not buying their stuff anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

domrush wrote:
    Your loss
    I'm purchasing all from my local fruit and veg shop, much better products.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Storm 10 wrote: »
    School is in the County not the city they did not say which school it is.

A Facebook group called ‘Alerting Parents of outbreaks in schools in Ireland’ has a few posts naming schools. As it is Facebook, I don’t want to be posting links, but that group is there is anyone wishes to look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

pjohnson wrote: »
    Odd to ask about his bowel situation but manure may help growleaves I guess.

Some people seem to be struggling to tell the difference between different parts of the body. Maybe they need a diagram.

Some people seem to be struggling to tell the difference between different parts of the body. Maybe they need a diagram.

Or maybe they talk so much sh1te they could actually do with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

spookwoman wrote: »
    Why don't we just stop reporting on everything that might offend people or make them sad, sure while we are at it burn the books and remove all movies and shows on TV's as well.
    There goes Fair city, Reeling in the years, Dublin Murders, etc.
    :rolleyes:

You're completely missing the point.

As I said, anyone that can't see that rte are hugely biased in their reporting is either not watching or has their head in the sand.

Also you can leave the Emojis out if replying to me please, it's childish. Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

What they mean by negative reporting is simply reporting. These people don’t believe in a pandemic, it’s all made up, to scare us sheeple.

We should hide under our beds when we’re not curtain twitching, because anything they disagree with is farcical scare mongering to stop them going for a few pints and what about mental health? All the suicides? All for a so called deadly virus with, yawn, a 99.6% survival rate, stick on Ivor Cummings he explains it all very clearly.

How long did it take to come up with that extremely witty comment?

To think that a year onwards, people are still tarring others with the "plandemic conspiracy theorist" brush if they have any questions.. talk about grasping at straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Did you buy any of their stuff beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

funnydoggy wrote: »
    How long did it take to come up with that extremely witty comment?

To think that a year onwards, people are still tarring others with the "plandemic conspiracy theorist" brush if they have any questions.. talk about grasping at straws.
    And people are still tarring others with the "doom mongering sheep" brush..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

*Quote filled with nonsense*

Mod:

Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The face nappy is worse than a snot rag up your grannies sleeve.

Firstly, that is just a childish worn out comment.

Secondly, it clarifies that although you maintained you were for medical reason unable to wear a mask it's now obvious you just don't want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

When the vaccines begin they can’t rationalise restrictions to protect the vulnerable so the veil will drop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

The issue is that for many people in the country RTE are the main (or only) source of news. Particularly older people.

RTE's constant misery and negativity about everything means that's all these people see, and it affects their outlook and mentality.

Exactly you've George Lee with a face like a block of granite every evening predicting a deluge of death after Christmas and you've Sam McConkey riding roughshod over the vaccine. Rte deserve to go under.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

What they mean by negative reporting is simply reporting. These people don’t believe in a pandemic, it’s all made up, to scare us sheeple.

We should hide under our beds when we’re not curtain twitching, because anything they disagree with is farcical scare mongering to stop them going for a few pints and what about mental health? All the suicides? All for a so called deadly virus with, yawn, a 99.6% survival rate, stick on Ivor Cummings he explains it all very clearly.

Did that strawman take you long to build?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

Second report on school testing available. Data up to November 28th.

In week 22/11-28/11, 2446 people in schools and childcare were tested. 46 cases detected. 7 day positivity rate of 1.9%. 7 day positivity rate overall in population on 28/11 was 2.7%.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

You're completely missing the point.

As I said, anyone that can't see that rte are hugely biased in their reporting is either not watching or has their head in the sand.

Also you can leave the Emojis out if replying to me please, it's childish. Ta

How is it childish? you said

Pretty sure trying to control what is reported is also biased when you say "constant misery and negativity". Should they also stop reporting on the amazon rainforests or you don't care about that because it does not fit your agenda.
    People can make up their own minds on what they want to watch or read for their news, they don't need others telling them what to watch or read because you don't agree with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Gael23 wrote: »
    When the vaccines begin they can’t rationalise restrictions to protect the vulnerable so the veil will drop

My tinfoil hat will also drop then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

spookwoman wrote: »
    How is it childish? you said

Pretty sure trying to control what is reported is also biased when you say "constant misery and negativity". Should they also stop reporting on the amazon rainforests or you don't care about that because it does not fit your agenda.
    People can make up their own minds on what they want to watch or read for their news, they don't need others telling them what to watch or read because you don't agree with it.

I accept that the topic itself is inherently negative, I think that's what you're getting at.

But I never said they shouldn't report on it. All I'm saying is their reporting leans heavily towards the negative end of the scale.

Examples off the top of my head:

- Rarely reporting on reductions in hospitalisations but always reporting on increases.

- Bringing on people who are doubtful about the vaccines' effectiveness but having nobody on with the opposite viewpoint (of whom there are many).

- The headline "Caution advised over vaccine complacency" on the day when a historic vaccine was announced by Pfizer.

I'm sure others will have many more examples.

Just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

How many people in Ireland only have access to RTE in this day and age?

I would have thought that since the likes of the internet and saorview came along it's close to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Gael23 wrote: »

You might need to elaborate in that one so it's makes even a bit of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

And no flu deaths this year that is even better news.:confused::confused:
    Not even any confirmed influenza cases for 2020/2021 season picked up yet as of last surveillance report which contains data up to November 22nd. There has been disruption to sentinel GP network used for influenza surveillance so that may be hiding some cases. 1004 samples tested this season so far.

By this week in 2019, 177 cases were reported but 3870 samples tested at that point. In 2018, it was 36/3004. In 2017, 47/2535.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement