Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine/antidote and testing procedures Megathread [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Water John wrote: »
    Vaccine roll out plan for Ireland to be announced next week.

The 11th was the previous plan. Next Friday is the 11th

Unless they move it to the briefing next Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 21,131 ✭✭✭✭Water John

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The 11th was the previous plan. Next Friday is the 11th

Unless they move it to the briefing next Monday

Think it's Tuesday.

Think it's Tuesday.

I hate to be that person, but: source?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm looking to get a covid test before I go back home to another county my parents are quite old. Whats my best bet to get a private test in Dublin? Head up to the airport and get one of the private ones?

Depends where exactly you live. There’s one in Leopardstown

Source is RTE News.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

I'm looking to get a covid test before I go back home to another county my parents are quite old. Whats my best bet to get a private test in Dublin? Head up to the airport and get one of the private ones?

We are doing the same- kids finishing school on the Friday before Christmas, isolating as a family for a week and getting tested the day before Christmas Eve before making a bubble with elderly parents for Christmas. We know it’s not bullet proof but there will be hugs and no plastic cutlery!
    We are using the drive in facility at the airport.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Think it's Tuesday.

Vaccination plan is to be presented to government for 11th December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Word of warning, Claire Byrne has Sam McConkey on at half 10 to tell us why the vaccines might not live up to expectations. The perfect Christmas present for the public. Shower of pricks

Word of warning, Claire Byrne has Sam McConkey on at half 10 to tell us why the vaccines might not live up to expectations. The perfect Christmas present for the public. Shower of pricks

Jesus he'll say and do anything to stay in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

2000175520854fd73864e2b2c3d11687940cc34a9cad72feb86554a3a21c9db893f4df79.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Maybe they have Gerry Killeen, Anthony Staines and Thomas Ryan booked in too as part of a tag team to really drive the woes home. Disgraceful.

Can't wait till we are starting to pull clear of this bloody thing so that I dont have to listen to these fellas anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I guess he didn’t hear the results about the 94/95% efficacy. My advice just don’t watch the moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Azatadine wrote: »

Can't wait till we are starting to pull clear of this bloody thing so that I dont have to listen to these fellas anymore.

I’m sure they’ll be on proposing restrictions for other issues when Covid is gone no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Cork2021

These fûckers just love the limelight and will say anything to stay relevant. Hope there’s a counter argument against the donkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Will those on health insurance get first dibs on the vaccine?

Cork2021 wrote: »
    These fûckers just love the limelight and will say anything to stay relevant. Hope there’s a counter argument against the donkey!

My counter argument is, the remote control. Not listening to him.

When was the last time this country had a civil war?

Because if that happened we'd get the sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

RTE would be better serving the public playing that 6 minute clip of Dr. Fauci.

It took him just 6 minutes to explain a pragmatic approach for the next few weeks/months and to ease the fears people may have of the vaccine.

RTE are doing the public a disservice, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Light article on natural and vaccine induced immunity. Lots of it has been covered here in this thread, this one is just a condensed version with some comments about SARS-cov-2 vaccines and natural immunity as well:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-01180-x

P.S. I personally prefer the term 'wild type' immunity, I think it has a more appropriate ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭jackboy

RTE would be better serving the public playing that 6 minute clip of Dr. Fauci.

It took him just 6 minutes to explain a pragmatic approach for the next few weeks/months and to ease the fears people may have of the vaccine.

RTE are doing the public a disservice, again.

It’s actually irrelevant. Only the vulnerable and health care workers will get the vaccine first. If very few of them have adverse events them the bulk of the population will line up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Cordell

No. If privately insured patients get it privately it won't be "dibs", it will be from a parallel supply chain outside the public one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

randomly came across this in my internet travels. anti vaccine sentiment is a big problem in pakistan and neighboring muslim countries and with good reason; after the CIA set up fake vaccination clinics in 2015 to help gather intelligence and capture Bin Laden. they wanted to gather DNA from bin ladens many relatives. since then, many vaccination workers have been killed by militants.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0020731417722888

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/10/health/cia-vaccine-ruse-in-pakistan-may-have-harmed-polio-fight.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Azatadine wrote: »
    Maybe they have Gerry Killeen, Anthony Staines and Thomas Ryan booked in too as part of a tag team to really drive the woes home. Disgraceful.

Gerry Killeen is actually very positive since the news of the vaccines came out believe it or not

Hence he'll likely never be seen in the public eye again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Azatadine

El Sueño wrote: »
    Gerry Killeen is actually very positive since the news of the vaccines came out believe it or not

Hence he'll likely never be seen in the public eye again

I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Sheep2020

jackboy wrote: »
    It’s actually irrelevant. Only the vulnerable and health care workers will get the vaccine first. If very few of them have adverse events them the bulk of the population will line up for it.

Don't see it mentioned in any of the articles but with a wife that is a healthcare assistant and being first up in a few weeks to get the vaccine, which she is happy to get btw

Will there be indemnity on the manufacturers if there is side effects?

Read there won't be any compensation or legal obligation if side effects do happen

My question is why?

Do they not have faith the vaccine is safe?

Why no indemnity?

VW wouldnt sell a car without a warranty

Seems strange not to have it

Sheep2020 wrote: »
    Don't see it mentioned in any of the articles but with a wife that is a healthcare assistant and being first up in a few weeks to get the vaccine, which she is happy to get btw

Will there be indemnity on the manufacturers if there is side effects?

Read there won't be any compensation or legal obligation if side effects do happen

My question is why?

Do they not have faith the vaccine is safe?

Why no indemnity?

VW wouldnt sell a car without a warranty

Seems strange not to have it

Simple bit of research will give you your answer, been widely covered.

The state is providing indemnity & Donnelly reconfirmed it on national radio over the weekend. Of course there's a legal route to take if anyone did have side effects.

Don't believe everything you read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Christ!!!! It’s all marketing! Mcdonkey by name and a donkey by nature!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Statements like Fauci’s above bring positivity and a feeling that there’s light at the end of the tunnel to an extremely fatigued people.

I don’t think they realise quite how fed up people are of this. If you told them it’ll all be over soon but we need to double down it’ll provide us with something to look forward to. Instead in Ireland it seems to be “don’t be getting your hopes up there get back into your house and gaze at those walls for another while”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Sheep2020

Simple bit of research will give you your answer, been widely covered.

The state is providing indemnity & Donnelly reconfirmed it on national radio over the weekend. Of course there's a legal route to take if anyone did have side effects.

Don't believe everything you read.

Thank you

That's good to hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

marno21 wrote: »
    Statements like Fauci’s above bring positivity and a feeling that there’s light at the end of the tunnel to an extremely fatigued people.

I don’t think they realise quite how fed up people are of this. If you told them it’ll all be over soon but we need to double down it’ll provide us with something to look forward to. Instead in Ireland it seems to be “don’t be getting your hopes up there get back into your house and gaze at those walls for another while”.

Exactly, if people listen to this clown McConkey they'll lose hope and say "**** it I'll do what I want".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement