Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

slipperyox wrote: »
    As a motorcyclist, I hate nothing more than front tinted windows:mad:

Sure sign of a skanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Even driving a car, that inability to see someones face, that they see you at a T Junction, is highly dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Seanie is selling his very low mileage VW Golf for 1850, it has a radio which is a very handy thing to have in a car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-1-4-nct-amp-very-low-mileage/26580914

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

One owner very low mileage C180 with full service history, have at ye....

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-c-class-c180-2005-nct-amptax/26252898

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Seanie is selling his very low mileage VW Golf for 1850, it has a radio which is a very handy thing to have in a car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-1-4-nct-amp-very-low-mileage/26580914

Those Golfs have held their value well.

I sold the same one for that price 2 years ago

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »

They're like cockroaches, you can't kill 'um.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

A large glovebox too. All mod cons

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A large glovebox too. All mod cons

Thank goodness, my gloves are too large for my current jamjars medium glove box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I'll be able to leave James Corden at home anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Padre_Pio wrote: »

It’s the large glove box and radio, makes them very desirable still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Audi A4 TDi with a fresh NCT for 950. A few interior pics wouldn't go amiss but it looks very straight for the money

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/03-audi-a4-diesel-130bhp-new-nct-09-21-low-miles/26587643

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭elgicko

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Think the price is a bit sticky on that Civic considering the fairly unsightly damage and it's only tested via covid extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Think the price is a bit sticky on that Civic considering the fairly unsightly damage and it's only tested via covid extension.

I had a 2.2d but they were a lovely yoke to drive. No end of them in that colour either you'd pull two doors to match out of any decent breakers I reckon for very little. You'd have a fine car for a little over 2k + tax.

The diesels still go for a fair chunk more and it's a lot easier to replace two doors than the extra 100k miles on most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

https://www.adverts.ie/22259771

My own car so mods please delete if not allowed

Nct and tax until 3/21

Up for 1450 but will give it cheaper to someone on here, I’m happy to answer any questions about it, paid 2000 in July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Ah, the ole “owner is emigrating” trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That is way too good to be true.

Tread carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Tread carefully

The PSA 1.6 diesel is a ticking time bomb when the maintenance has not been done. Could run grand one day and be a 2,000 euro engine out job the next day, and I'm speaking from experience , avoid that car like the plague

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Tread carefully
    Yep, a quick look on Carzone has the cheapest one at €3.5k ranging up to €6k.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Just deleted
    Smells bad....

• Advertisement

This one is out for a while of banger price but any opinions or what to watch?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-mazda-3-new-nct/26600021

Lockheed wrote: »
    The PSA 1.6 diesel is a ticking time bomb when the maintenance has not been done. Could run grand one day and be a 2,000 euro engine out job the next day, and I'm speaking from experience , avoid that car like the plague

I haven't found that at all. You may have been unlucky, any engine that's been horsed by a previous owner is a ticking timebomb, but the 1.6 HDi is generally rock solid, especially compared to lots of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I haven't found that at all. You may have been unlucky, any engine that's been horsed by a previous owner is a ticking timebomb, but the 1.6 HDi is generally rock solid, especially compared to lots of the competition.

Ha ha ha ha.... Best post ever...

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha.... Best post ever...

Not sure what you're laughing at, they give a way less trouble than the 1.6 / 2.0tdi anyway.

Back in the 1.9tdi days you wouldn't look sideways at them but those days are gone, sadly.

Not Peugeot's fault VW managed to make a bollocks of something they had down to a fine art.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Not sure what you're laughing at, they give a way less trouble than the 1.6 / 2.0tdi anyway.

Back in the 1.9tdi days you wouldn't look sideways at them but those days are gone, sadly.

Not Peugeot's fault VW managed to make a bollocks of something they had down to a fine art.
    If you think the 1.6HDi is a solid engine then you're away with the fairies. I've worked in Peugeot and it's the one engine I always tell people to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Quazzie wrote: »
    If you think the 1.6HDi is a solid engine then you're away with the fairies. I've worked in Peugeot and it's the one engine I always tell people to avoid.

Well then you surely know if they are minded and looked after properly the DV6 is not that bad.... There's worse out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Oops! wrote: »
    Well then you surely know if they are minded and looked after right they are not that bad.... There's worse out there.

I've seen cars serviced on the exact intervals or before fail due to EGR problems. Peugeot are massively underrated by many in my opinion, especially when it comes to the 2.0 HDi, but that 1.6HDi was a horrible engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've seen cars serviced on the exact intervals or before fail due to EGR problems. Peugeot are massively underrated by many in my opinion, especially when it comes to the 2.0 HDi, but that 1.6HDi was a horrible engine.

Hence why i said minded and looked after properly.... I tend to ignore manufactures service intervals.... Not real world maintenance intervals at all.... Dropping the sump every now and again is always a good idea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

No mention of mileage after all the time the seller took to write the description.

I guess super high as it is very competitively priced.

Super, super high.

Edit: well it actually 166k based on the photo...

Interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement