Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

wonski wrote: »
    No mention of mileage after all the time the seller took to write the description.

I guess super high as it is very competitively priced.

Super, super high.

Mileage is in the pictures uploaded 166,900. Guess its KM as Speedo is KM but you never know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

SummerK wrote: »
    Mileage is in the pictures uploaded 166,900. Guess its KM as Speedo is KM but you never know :rolleyes:

How many 2011 Mazdas 6 under 2k are on the market?

I find it a little bit too cheap. And it isn't the mileage as I originally thought.

Unless they are pure ****e and nobody wants them?

I don't think I would go to see it, I expect some issues are present.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,133 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems a bit expensive to me, a nearly 10 year old petrol automatic costing €750 to tax isn't very desirable. It's no bargain in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I find it a little bit too cheap. And it isn't the mileage as I originally thought.

Think you may have cracked it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Its a 2Ltr petrol automatic Mazda 6 coming up on 10 years old with a 750 euro tax bill each year and probably pretty bad fuel economy. Its not exactly a highly sought after combination. I have same shape Mazda 6 1.8 petrol and its not exactly easy on the fuel and the build quality is average at best and its not particularly practical. Reliable engine though, I'll say that much.

It seems an honest enough ad to me. He just wants rid. Hence the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've seen cars serviced on the exact intervals or before fail due to EGR problems. Peugeot are massively underrated by many in my opinion, especially when it comes to the 2.0 HDi, but that 1.6HDi was a horrible engine.

Have to agree with Oops!

Serviced properly and actually used like a diesel should be used. (Not just into town and back!) They are as reliable as any other modern diesel.

Iv had a Fiesta with a 1.6TDCI and it had 205k miles, drove with no issues...

That engine is in everything from Berlingos, Volvos, Mini, Suzuki to Fords. Its a very common engine so you will hear horror stories.

There's plenty people running north of 150bhp in them reliably!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭CoBo55

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Not sure what you're laughing at, they give a way less trouble than the 1.6 / 2.0tdi anyway.

Back in the 1.9tdi days you wouldn't look sideways at them but those days are gone, sadly.

Not Peugeot's fault VW managed to make a bollocks of something they had down to a fine art.

What are you droning on about? Is it Peugeot 1.6 HDI? V.W. 1.6? V.W. 2 litre? or V.W. 1.9?
    Anyway I stand with the majority, the 1.6 PEUGEOT HDI is an absolute ball of ****e, nobody should have to be dropping the sump to clean out baked in crud this day and age, you'll be recommending decoking the cylinder head next maybe lap in a few valves with a suction tool while the head is off for good measure..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What are you droning on about? Is it Peugeot 1.6 HDI? V.W. 1.6? V.W. 2 litre? or V.W. 1.9?
    Anyway I stand with the majority, the 1.6 PEUGEOT HDI is an absolute ball of ****e, nobody should have to be dropping the sump to clean out baked in crud this day and age, you'll be recommending decoking the cylinder head next maybe lap in a few valves with a suction tool while the head is off for good measure..

Really? You don't have to but a trained eye will tell exactly how the engine has been serviced and looked after....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

CoBo55, cool the jets.

E36Ross wrote: »
    Have to agree with Oops!

Serviced properly and actually used like a diesel should be used. (Not just into town and back!) They are as reliable as any other modern diesel.

Iv had a Fiesta with a 1.6TDCI and it had 205k miles, drove with no issues...

That engine is in everything from Berlingos, Volvos, Mini, Suzuki to Fords. Its a very common engine so you will hear horror stories.

There's plenty people running north of 150bhp in them reliably!

Drive it like you stole it, it'll run forever

• Advertisement

Oops! wrote: »
    Really? You don't have to but a trained eye will tell exactly how the engine has been serviced and looked after....

Feck that for a caper.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2006 mini cooper

1550 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22284021

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    2006 mini cooper

1550 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22284021

Thank God it's the petrol engined one ,
    Would have reignited the dumpster fire above otherwise ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

1999 opel astra 1.4 petrol

750 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22285490

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I thought we’d seen the last of those misery boxes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I thought we’d seen the last of those misery boxes :D

I thought they were alldead....

I thought they were alldead....

10 years time theyll be making SRI Cavalier money

They will be SRI Cavalier's nod nod wink wink...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They all smelt the same and drove like ****e in a bath....

2008 Saab 95 petrol aut

775 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22289873

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

You do make a special effort to drag up the biggest pieces of Dung!:D That thing is dog rough..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/03-mercedes-benz-e240-with-nct-amp-tax/26632641

MDFjYWU3ZTQwN2M5Mjc5M2M2MWZjYTNhOGViYTAwMTOGJ79ZizKnBe6bbpXPsIpRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjM1NjU3MjB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tidy looking 2.6 V6 E-Class with tax til February and new NCT til March next year, €975

Lovely old thing to smoke around in over the Christmas! Heated leather and all, what more could a man want?

Pano roof and all. Thoroughly respectable.

Nice hyundai coupe, has a bit of a mark on the door, but has a bit of tax and nice bit of test too.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-coupe-1-6-petrol-taxed-amp-nctd/26643683

Slow as a 1.4 hatchback, but actually fun to drive.

Mazda2 1.3
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-mazda-2/26452426

Smart looking car, on the verge of what’s acceptable NCT wise.

1.8 manual Corolla Verso T3 on €636 tax

Little rough around the edges, needs a good clean, dent on boot should pop out by hand, and passenger side door card has something going on.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-verso-7-seater-2008-nct-tax-1-owner/26537099

It’s very hard to get nice Versos for handy money now, they’re a great car IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Truckermal wrote: »
    You do make a special effort to drag up the biggest pieces of Dung!:D That thing is dog rough..

The Saab? It’s not a great ad but looks tidy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

colm_mcm wrote: »
    1.8 manual Corolla Verso T3 on €636 tax

Little rough around the edges, needs a good clean, dent on boot should pop out by hand, and passenger side door card has something going on.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-verso-7-seater-2008-nct-tax-1-owner/26537099

It’s very hard to get nice Versos for handy money now, they’re a great car IMO.

Is there any way of knowing of that's a genuine 1 owner in Ireland?
    Says 0 previous owners in the advert but that could mean UK import with only one Irish owner?
    Looks a good honest car, decent runabout for a family for handy money. Low miles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Its an import, had a change of ownership at the start of this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Akrasia wrote: »
    The Saab? It’s not a great ad but looks tidy enough?

Their isn't a straight panel on it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement