Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Honestly when they came out first I thought they were the coolest yoke ever :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Honestly when they came out first I thought they were the coolest yoke ever :o

Same as you. I loved that Nissan went a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Which of ye bought that Galant, see it's sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Which of ye bought that Galant, see it's sold.

Noticed that too. Not me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

kalkat2002 wrote: »

Gone. Seemed good value, although an old design by now. Still a nice drive when in full fettle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-1-4-tdci-zetec-climate/26542415

Similar with lower mileage, higher spec and longer NCT for 100 less.

Agree though, serious Bangernomics examples. Cheap to buy, run, insure and tax.

Tick all the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nice recycling of some of the “style” badge

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

2ndcoming wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-1-4-tdci-zetec-climate/26542415

Similar with lower mileage, higher spec and longer NCT for 100 less.

Agree though, serious Bangernomics examples. Cheap to buy, run, insure and tax.

Tick all the boxes.

Looks a lot rougher though

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Only two dents gives away it's age they say but no mention of the piss poor panel alignment of the bonnet and front wings. It's so badly aligned that even the headlights don't fit correctly causing the front bumper to sag. I know it's a cheap car but jesus I'd say the front of that car got a fair shunt or smash at one point and then was very poorly repaired. A cat would fall between some of those panel gaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah i think that first Fiesta has had a tap. There is blanks where the front fogs should be. Any of the spec's that came without fogs didn't get the bottom of the bumper colour coordinted, which this has. So either the bumper is wrong or the lack of fogs is wrong. I suspect it's the lack of fogs.

Badly repaired alright, would need a closer look. Hate to see a gunthered yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2007 suzuki sx4....

Real headturner...

1295 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22181806

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    2007 suzuki sx4....

Real headturner...

1295 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22181806

"Coz their too embarrassed to sell it themselves"

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Yeah i think that first Fiesta has had a tap. There is blanks where the front fogs should be. Any of the spec's that came without fogs didn't get the bottom of the bumper colour coordinted, which this has. So either the bumper is wrong or the lack of fogs is wrong. I suspect it's the lack of fogs.

Incorrect, Thats true for 99% of Irish Fiestas but thats a UK import and UK spec on these was completely different.

As for the panel gaps on the second one, Bumper/headlight gaps are a pain on these.... Theres 3 flat tabs at the top of the bumper under the grill and these come lose and cause it to sag under the headlights. (Easily fixed with 2 self tappers!)
    Doesn't excuse the bonnet gaps though!

E36Ross wrote: »
    Incorrect, Thats true for 99% of Irish Fiestas but thats a UK import and UK spec on these was completely different.

As for the panel gaps on the second one, Bumper/headlight gaps are a pain on these.... Theres 3 flat tabs at the top of the bumper under the grill and these come lose and cause it to sag under the headlights. (Easily fixed with 2 self tappers!)

I'd say it should have had a little pull from the knock but they were able to get away with it, barely.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

"Nct 1/21 only passed but got back dated" - but they wouldn't do the NCT again to get a years NCT; why?

Well spotted being UK, didn't see that.

That being said, bootlid badges are missing. Front badge is missing, tow eye cover is missing and panel gaps are desperate. I still would say it's seen some action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

Is this thread just for ad links or can anyone stick up details of sub2k NCt-d cars if not professionals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Well spotted being UK, didn't see that.

That being said, bootlid badges are missing. Front badge is missing, tow eye cover is missing and panel gaps are desperate. I still would say it's seen some action.

This is going to sound mad, but the front badge and tow eye came off a similar one I had, and the plastic clips joining the front bumper to the wings broke loose giving awful panel gaps. All down to normal wear and tear except for the badge, which broke off closing the bonnet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

the_syco wrote: »
    "Nct 1/21 only passed but got back dated" - but they wouldn't do the NCT again to get a years NCT; why?

That doesn't make sense if it only passed and it's withing the 3 months then they should get it for over a year

The car I have now I bought in October with no NCT. it was expired since January

So I waited until late October to NCT it and I got the NCT until January 2022.

Either these lads are just completely clueless, or they were trying to get it through a retest or something odd anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭jmreire

If I was in the market for one, and if it was driving Ok and steering Ok, no pulling left / right, the cosmetic appearance ( easily fixed I think, and I've fixed more than a few ) would not bother me, and that self same appearance should be a good bargaining chip for a price reduction. It can often happen when fitting non genuine Ford parts ( especially Head /other lamps) that they will not align 100%, ditto front bumper's. So I would not condemn it out of hand because of that.

2011abc wrote: »
    Is this thread just for ad links or can anyone stick up details of sub2k NCt-d cars if not professionals?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-mini-one/26545294

Sure I stuck it on adverts for free and got a free DD ad too!

My own car and ideal Bangernomics stuff if i do say so myself with a bit of flexibility in price .

I probably wouldn't mention the clutch, personally. You are talking like it's fooked, when in reality it's driving ok with a bit of chatter and a heavy pedal. It's a ,€900 car.

I'd probably remove everything under "bad points" and replace it with "car driving ok".

I probably wouldn't mention the clutch, personally. You are talking like it's fooked, qhen in reality it's driving ok with a bit of chatter and a heavy pedal. It's a ,€900 car.

I'd probably remove everything under "bad points" and replace it with "car driving ok".

Yeah Im too honest!Id genuinely sooner not sell it to someone who is stop starting on M50 or in city but its a great yoke for someone commuting from country to outskirts of cities etc or between rural towns

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

2011abc wrote: »
    Yeah Im too honest!Id genuinely sooner not sell it to someone who is stop starting on M50 or in city but its a great yoke for someone commuting from country to outskirts of cities etc or between rural towns
    Only one picture + list of bad points = would avoid.

I'd let the buyer decide. It's great that you want to be too honest but i think you'll struggle to get enquiries with that ad. Let the car speak for itself and let the buyer decide what they want to do with it.

That and one bad photo is a bit miserable.

2002 ford puma 1.6 petrol

1000 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22184666

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭KevRossi

No reg plate showing, no interior pics and it's a manual. But it has a long NCT to 09/21, is a diesel and cost only €950. Looks good in that colour with those alloys. Worth a call.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-95-1-9-turbo-diesel-estate-139k-miles/25606153
    NmY3M2FiNjI3NWQ1MzFlY2NjMDhiYTljZWE3MjA5MTANG-7jjE9zr195aaJah4C_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTM0NzUwNDh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement

2004 toyota corolla petrol

1375 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22186755

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement