Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They've obviously put a lot of work into their footpassing, nice to see

• Registered Users Posts: 18,406 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bambi wrote: »
    They've obviously put a lot of work into their footpassing, nice to see
    Fantastic football. Two class points by Kilkenny and Con. Meath look miles off the pace.

Meath, look shellshocked Dublin not letting them play. Bugler goal now could get embarrassing for the royals.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

The thing impressing me the most is the defence, absolutely superb, bar the early goal chance. Ironically laois had a great goal chance early on last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Well done lads great win

Still think both the Smalls are liabilities half the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Well done lads great win

Lot of football to be played yet, bit too early to be jumping to conclusions.

And then Dessie Farrell halves the liability :D

What's the general thread like lads, I'm not even going to bother.

Are we still living rent free in their wee country heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lot of football to be played yet, bit too early to be jumping to conclusions.
    As a meath fan I knew you'd win before it started. We are the second best in Leinster though, pity there's no trophy for that.

The thing impressing me the most is the defence, absolutely superb, bar the early goal chance. Ironically laois had a great goal chance early on last week too.

You would swear it is their first Leinster win the way they are defending. Costello red card though Dessie won't be pleased about that.

• Advertisement

Noticed in all their games Dublin get sloppy towards the end now, might be lads coming on and desperate to win a place taking bad choices. Costello example in case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Costelloe seeing red (literally) is a sour note tonight. For talking out of school. If he did it is stupid carry on and a very cheap way to depart the field.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Lol at the look Scully gave Kev after stealing that goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Fantastic display really though it would be a lot closer delighted to be well off the mark .Great to see the work rate remain so high not sure what CC got the card for but straight red means barring appeal no more football i think this season.I never get bored seeing us win like that .

Bambi wrote:
    Still think both the Smalls are liabilities half the time

John has always played on the edge should we say but is crucial to the team.

I think paddy has plenty of time. He just needs a bit calmness while on the ball. He doesn't need to shoot all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Linesmen can go and get ****ed,

First connolly 3 month ban and now Costello, both did absolutely nothing to warrant such punitive punishments.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That was fun haha! Love beating Meath don't care how low level there at it's always sweet!

Dunno what Costello said but sure we will find out.

Be some crack now if Cavan do something crazy tomorrow now!

kona wrote: »
    Linesmen can go and get ****ed,

First connolly 3 month ban and now Costello, both did absolutely nothing to warrant such punitive punishments.

Can only assume he called him a useless cnut!

It's a term of endearment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Any decent manager would've been out on the pitch at the end to ask the ref to stick Costello down for 2 yellows. :D . quite slack for periods of the 2nd half attacking wise, defensively they were excellent .

What's the general thread like lads, I'm not even going to bother.

Are we still living rent free in their wee country heads?

I went on it there usual stuff from the same posters. Most of whom seem to think the sport of GAA is about moaning about the Dubs.

I pointed about the real problems are a lopsided/antiquated provincial structure. Plus Provincial Councils which lack bravery and foresight to change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

CatInABox wrote: »
    Lol at the look Scully gave Kev after stealing that goal.

Myself and daughter were laughing about that!

Don't like the mouthing but it can't have been much given time scale. Nearly certain its a black card offence not red?

Team look hungry. Will be hard to stop.

You have to give them credit, their obsession with us is deep, and it's only Leinster final stage, they're only going to get worse. Don't get dragged into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You have to give them credit, their obsession with us is deep, and it's only Leinster final stage, they're only going to get worse. Don't get dragged into it.

As is your obsession with them it seems.

A serious performance by Dublin tonight. I'd love to see Cork and Dublin go at it again.
    We gave ye a game for an hour or so last year and still ended up with a beating.
    I presume Cluxton with 16 Leinsters is a record and that will never again be beaten.

ShamoBuc wrote:
    A serious performance by Dublin tonight. I'd love to see Cork and Dublin go at it again. We gave ye a game for an hour or so last year and still ended up with a beating. I presume Cluxton with 16 Leinsters is a record and that will never again be beaten.

Darragh moloney mentioned in commentary that if cluxton was a county, he'd be third on the all time leinster title list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭doc_17

Lads, any interest in playing the Ulster champions in their home ground this year? Cavan in Breffni or Donegal in Ballybofey? Shur, be a bit of an oul change in scenery?

doc_17 wrote: »
    Lads, any interest in playing the Ulster champions in their home ground this year? Cavan in Breffni or Donegal in Ballybofey? Shur, be a bit of an oul change in scenery?

Pairc ui Chaoimh the only ground I'd want to play in, surface looks top notch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Darragh moloney mentioned in commentary that if cluxton was a county, he'd be third on the all time leinster title list.

I heard him saying something but couldn't remember exactly what it was.
    Ridiculous stat. Unreal.
    Reckon there is another year or two in him or is this it?

Pairc ui Chaoimh the only ground I'd want to play in, surface looks top notch.

It's fantastic. For years, any bit of rain and the covered stand side would turn to mud.

Now, its probably the second best surface we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    As is your obsession with them it seems.

A serious performance by Dublin tonight. I'd love to see Cork and Dublin go at it again.
    We gave ye a game for an hour or so last year and still ended up with a beating.
    I presume Cluxton with 16 Leinsters is a record and that will never again be beaten.

I don't know...Dublin worked tirelessly to put hands on every Meath player in possession. By contrast they weren't arsed to get close at all. No wonder McEntee was spitting fire at half time. Dublin were good but they'll always be good if you stand back and admire them.

I really liked the look of Cork in that game (before they ran out of steam) and it seems they've built on that. They were resolute against Kerry and that's half the battle when you play Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭doc_17

Ah lads, the rest of the country play in bogs until the latter stages so why not turn it on the head this year? Give this Dublin team another opportunity to show how great they are. They’d relish it.

Advertisement