Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No Red this week and that was the best episode in a while.

This could be all kinds of awesome if they get it right.

The Blacklist's Makeshift Finale to Mix Animation With Live-Action Scenes
    Raymond Reddington has always been an animated guy — but The Blacklist is about to take that literally.

The drama’s makeshift Season 7 finale (airing Friday, May 15 at 8/7c) will include scenes with graphic novel-style animation, NBC announced Tuesday, as a workaround to the pandemic-induced production shutdown..........

Cast members recorded dialogue from their homes for the animated sequences, while editors and animators also completed their work remotely..........

https://tvline.com/2020/05/05/the-blacklist-season-7-finale-animated-scenes/

the-blacklist-animated-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I really enjoyed this weeks episode, felt sorry for dembe

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

Caught up with this last night, hadn't watched since the mid season break but did a binge the last few nights.
    For some reason all the plot twists throughout the season annoy me a little and I'd lost a bit of interest. The episodes themselves are very good tho. Really enjoyed the one without Reddington.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

is that the first time we have heard dembes surname?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Really looking forward to seeing how they do the finale with the animation. Also they are destroying the character of Liz making her so gullible to believe everything Katarina say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Oh no I don’t like that at all

So Liz will be the big bad next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jeez that was a pretty poor episode.
    The animation was very stiff, like a bad 2005 video game.

I know they had to do something, but I think this fake rotoscoping didn't work.

• Advertisement

the episode is getting slated on IMDB
    i will watch it later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Watched the episode Roy Cain which seemed to be a conclusion to a previous episode but the episode i watched before that was the one with Ressler's brother. What is the episode name where the kidnapping of the Imam took place?

oneilla wrote: »
    Watched the episode Roy Cain which seemed to be a conclusion to a previous episode but the episode i watched before that was the one with Ressler's brother. What is the episode name where the kidnapping of the Imam took place?

You skipped episode 16
    Nyle Hatcher is the name of it according to IMDb

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Latest episode was rubbish due to very poor animation. Still looking forward to season 8 though

This animation is terrible

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think I would have been able to do better animation on my phone than they pulled off in that but I applaud them for doing it, a lot better than just leaving it hanging.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Wrestler was drawn very poorly. Not a great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

The animation was done by a previsualisation company which is a sort of digital storyboarding to map out scenes for sets, camera moves and the like before going into production. They did months of work in a few weeks which was ambitious for a half hour of footage. There was a Blacklist comic which is what led producers to go with the idea.

https://beforesandafters.com/2020/05/16/oh-were-going-to-air-that-previs-now/

I didn't mind it, it was a disjointed episode I found hard to follow but it was a gutsy idea to try to complete the episode. The cast & crew interlude at the start was cringy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Poor final episode, but innovation aside, it tops a pretty poor season frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Sadly Clark Middleton (played Glen Carter) passed away yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sadly Clark Middleton (played Glen Carter) passed away yesterday.
    Damn, RIP...
    West Nile virus (WNV) is the leading cause of mosquito-borne disease in the continental United States. It is most commonly spread to people by the bite of an infected mosquito. Cases of WNV occur during mosquito season, which starts in the summer and continues through fall. There are no vaccines to prevent or medications to treat WNV in people. Fortunately, most people infected with WNV do not feel sick. About 1 in 5 people who are infected develop a fever and other symptoms. About 1 out of 150 infected people develop a serious, sometimes fatal, illness.

Season 8 Liz vs Red.

A decent start setting up the season.

A bit disappointed they recast Dom however it is understandable since Dom does play a big role in liz's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not the first season opener of The Blacklist where (a) I have no idea what's going on, and (b) I'm wondering why I'm still watching this show.

It's years past its peak now.

Is this the real end to Season 7, or is it really Season 8?

I think I still see glimmers of greatness beneath the tedium so I'm sticking it out until the end. Hopefully this is the final season.

Just watching the latest episode now
    Katarina story reminded me of the a team lol
    Framed for a crime she didn’t commit

It’s going downhill rapidly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,022 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

After 7 or 8 years of the writers dodging the truth of Red's true identity, it looks like the dodging might be up, but then again who knows with that crowd.

I think that before each series was written, the writers all got together, and the first question was "who are we going to imply that he is this time?" After making the decision, we were all led up the garden path again.

During season 7 I was even thinking that Red could have had a sex change operation decades before, and that he was in fact Elizabeth's mother :D

ejmaztec wrote: »
    After 7 or 8 years of the writers dodging the truth of Red's true identity, it looks like the dodging might be up, but then again who knows with that crowd.

I think that before each series was written, the writers all got together, and the first question was "who are we going to imply that he is this time?" After making the decision, we were all led up the garden path again.

During season 7 I was even thinking that Red could have had a sex change operation decades before, and that he was in fact Elizabeth's mother :D

you are not alone there and i thought dembe was his/her long suffering lover

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

ejmaztec wrote: »

I also thought the same...and I'm still thinking theres a chance of this ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 24,022 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I also thought the same...and I'm still thinking theres a chance of this ha ha

The one she thinks is her mother, could also have had an operation, and could be the real Reddington ---- my head hurts :eek:

• Advertisement

Looks like they are going with the sex change well more hints at it in this weeks episode.

Advertisement