Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

is_that_so wrote: »
    Am I alone in appreciating the show much more without Keen? The absence in some ways gives other characters a chance to be part of a storyline. Can't see a way back into it for her as she is now a one-dimensional villain.

Been great without her and to me the last episode showed they can have a show without her and it moves along nicely.

I know there is lots of speculation re: her future, this is only because she is absent but that could be anything from actual storyline or something more personal. I did recently think that IF she was going out of the show, I guess you could bring in a new woman in her place and use the change of identity scenario by some world class surgeon etc....

I do enjoy the show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Another episode all the better without Liz...but has the actress left the show
    Anyway enjoying the show more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The latest episode with the avatar was very good apart from how easy it was for her to escape custody and kill the other prisoner

The internet isn’t for everyone

I thought Episode 10 was brilliant the series is really improving

Episode 11 was another great episode and I can’t wait for the next
    Not missing Elizabeth at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's strange, but according to IMDB, episode 11 was listed for 13th April, and episode 12 for 20th April. They don't list any other episodes after that. IMDB seems to have been hit and miss for a long time, there might be 20 episodes for all I know :pac:

This show is so much better without Liz

Anyone know why she is not in at the mo? Baby? Fired?

Episode 12 :- Well that was a great episode like the old days
    I’m dreading liz returning to this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

This show is far superior without Liz.

Latest episode was excellent can't wait to see what they are building up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another great episode tonight, This has been a great season so far.

• Advertisement

Another great episode tonight, This has been a great season so far.

Haven't watched it yet - is Liz in it it, supposed to be coming back

Good episode wasn't expecting the ending can't wait for next week this show has improved leaps and bounds this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It's strange, but according to IMDB, episode 11 was listed for 13th April, and episode 12 for 20th April. They don't list any other episodes after that. IMDB seems to have been hit and miss for a long time, there might be 20 episodes for all I know :pac:

I find this site very good for air dates
    http://epguides.com/
    It's US dates tho.

Good episode, not sure about the last bit but it’s leading nicely to the next episode I guess

Was a decent episode even tho it was Liz centric and nice to see an old likable character back
    These have been some cracking episodes

Weakest episode in a while tbh. Added nothing to the overall arc and for me proves this show is better off without Liz.

ah no i thought liz coming back would kill the series again, not too keen on watching the episode later

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liz's return gave them a big boost in the ratings.

Friday Ratings: ‘Shark Tank’ Triumphs Again, But ‘The Blacklist’ Has Big Uptick

But the more interesting developments came further down in the ratings. For one, NBC’s The Blacklist saw two major characters finally reappear. The long-awaited reveals boosted the James Spader drama to an 0.4 on the evening

https://deadline.com/2021/04/friday-ratings-shark-tank-triumphs-again-but-the-blacklist-has-big-uptick-1234742916/

Liz's return gave them a big boost in the ratings.

That may have been in anticipation of her return but to me it was one of the worst episodes ever of the blacklist, it was something that you would see in a movie as in the build up to gathering a team to pull off a heist etc...

and then only a couple of minutes at the end of 'up to date footage'

It wasn't that bad tying up all the threads of the past few episodes

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    It wasn't that bad tying up all the threads of the past few episodes

It took 40 minutes almost to get up to date. The only new bit was this woman from Norway who is now packed up and living in the US? Could have done without Kaplan, she added noting to it imo.

Ahh look, maybe it's me, I was just annoyed that the previous episode left us at Anne, Liz & Red and we only got a couple of minutes of that at the end of this episode again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Aska wrote: »
    That may have been in anticipation of her return but to me it was one of the worst episodes ever of the blacklist, it was something that you would see in a movie as in the build up to gathering a team to pull off a heist etc...

and then only a couple of minutes at the end of 'up to date footage'
    I think they had to do the episode, to show that she was involved in everything that went on, every step of the way, and what frame of mind she was in throughout. It must have been a lot easier to do that in one episode, than for the writers to fit the necessary explanations piecemeal into future episodes.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think they had to do the episode, to show that she was involved in everything that went on, every step of the way, and what frame of mind she was in throughout. It must have been a lot easier to do that in one episode, than for the writers to fit the necessary explanations piecemeal into future episodes.

Exactly - and I liked seeing Kaplan back

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just thinking of what the showrunners of Justified said after season 6 - the story is told. Pity a lot of others wouldn't reflect on that. Can't see how the show limps into season 9 with Liz as a main part of it. Poor episode and a reminder of why the character was unmissed. Like the bones in the suitcase they've gone down a complete cul de sac where killing off Liz is about the only way out of it. It has been great fun at times but really not so much any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sheering

I gave up on the Blacklist after a few seasons. It felt like it was just the same thing over and over. I loved Spader's character but it was just the same storyline spinning time and again.

This episode is painful to watch, liz talking to imaginary people is a stretch
    She looks slightly different to last time, wonder has she had more work done

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After seeing this thread over the weekend, I expected worse. I quite liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but why was Megan Boone gone for so long? Did she have the covid or something?

oneilla wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but why was Megan Boone gone for so long? Did she have the covid or something?

"The decision to use her character sparingly in the eighth season was likely a creative one"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

fritzelly wrote: »
    "The decision to use her character sparingly in the eighth season was likely a creative one"

Sort of hints at the character meeting her end or the show coming to an end surely? It can't be possible for her and Red to make up and go back to normal FBI business. I suppose maybe Liz could carry on taking out blacklisters if Red is bumped off but

Advertisement