Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

oneilla wrote: »
    Sort of hints at the character meeting her end or the show coming to an end surely? It can't be possible for her and Red to make up and go back to normal FBI business. I suppose maybe Liz could carry on taking out blacklisters if Red is bumped off but

if red is bumped off the show is a dead duck in my opinion

i have a feeling liz cleared off after deciding not to kill red and townsend will capture her and hold her hostage to demand the answers from red in return for her release while the people from the east cop up again and **** gets crazy

liz cant kill red
    townsend doesnt want red dead unless he finds out what happened to his family
    the people from the east need red

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Didn't think much of that recent episode. It just just seemed like one plot point dragged out into a full length episode.

Liz confronting Townsend at the end seemed a bit far fetched, where was his protection ? Out to lunch maybe
    If it’s that easy to get to him surely red or the Russians would have bumped him off already

Latest episode was very good, is Masha n13 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

OmegaGene wrote: »

Or is the Russian her father?

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »

Townsend wants her dead for something he said
    Another secret to uncover

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

sioda wrote: »

If he was though, why did Townsend want Red to watch her suffer and not Ivan?

I see the promo had Agnes in it for next week, so more to come re: that Scandinavian woman I guess also, I think Liz too her in too quick for her to not have a part in the story line or some line.

Aska wrote: »

I see the promo had Agnes in it for next week, so more to come re: that Scandinavian woman I guess also, I think Liz too her in too quick for her to not have a part in the story line or some line.

I think Redington set that up and the man is not actually dead at all

Aska wrote: »

True think it says a lot for a show that at this stage this many seasons in its run there are still so many questions about Reds background.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I have a wacky theory.

Townsend went nutts after his family was killed, because he killed them when he found out his wife had a long standing affair with Red, whom was actually the father of his kids, and invented the whole N13 caused his family to be wiped out to cover his guilt.

But his daugher survived, and this is Keane.

• Advertisement

I have a wacky theory.

Townsend went nutts after his family was killed, because he killed them when he found out his wife had a long standing affair with Red, whom was actually the father of his kids, and invented the whole N13 caused his family to be wiped out to cover his guilt.

But his daugher survived, and this is Keane.

Not so whacky

• Registered Users Posts: 55,464 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After a really weak season, that's two fantastic episodes in a row.
    Hopefully they keep the momentum up now for the last 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Damn that cliffhanger setting up the season finale which is on Wednesday the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Damn that cliffhanger setting up the season finale which is on Wednesday the 16th.

I think there are two more episodes to go, on Wednesday 16th and 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

I’m still 100% convinced that Reddington is Liz’s mother!

mark_jmc wrote: »
    I’m 100% convinced that Reddington is Liz’s mother

You’re not the first person to mention it and it’s crossed my mind on a few occasions

You’re not the first person to mention it and it’s crossed my mind on a few occasions

Fwiw I first heard this theory on the podcast Blacklist Exposed half-way through the second series

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Reddington having been a woman is too far out there for this type of show then again they've done more weird things...hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Shock Departure of main cast member
    Megan Boone (Liz) Exiting After Season 8
    TVLine

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Shock Departure of main cast member
    Megan Boone (Liz) Exiting After Season 8
    TVLine

I'm truly devastated :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone actually shocked ;)

Not shocked at all the character is tedious now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I thought the episodes she wasn't in were the best of the season.

Not bad news at all have loved the back and forth with Harold and Red this season

I feel bad for Megan Boone. The writers gave her very little to work with. Spader was always given the best lines, even the husband Tom got a great spin-off and Liz was just dumb folly. Liz should have been built as the key hero but the writing screwed her.

This series really needs to be criticized in comparison with the likes of 'Homeland', 'The Americans' and 'Person of Interest'. There are others but The Blacklist has been the proverbial diminishing returns.

Why would Megan’s character have been built as the key hero ?
    Reddington is the man star of the entire story and his job is to protect Liz and keep her safe, he admits he’s failed and is now going to tell her the truth she so badly wants to know so there’s nothing more for the character to do.

The spin off for Tom was a massive flop because it was missing that special something of a sting lead character - reddington

Megan Boone isn’t a great loss to the story in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

oneilla wrote: »
    I feel bad for Megan Boone. The writers gave her very little to work with. Spader was always given the best lines, even the husband Tom got a great spin-off and Liz was just dumb folly. Liz should have been built as the key hero but the writing screwed her.

This series really needs to be criticized in comparison with the likes of 'Homeland', 'The Americans' and 'Person of Interest'. There are others but The Blacklist has been the proverbial diminishing returns.
    If they had given Spader one line an episode, he'd still have been better. He has a presence and enthusiasm that she can't match. She's not the world's greatest actress and was dreadful in the first season or two. It's a call that probably works well for her and the show runners and it's not as if the gap is that big to fill. Samar was a greater loss IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,464 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I usually hate flashback episodes, but that was really well done. They even found a decent stand-in for Brian Dennehy.

Looking forward to next week. I think the chance of Red
    being Liz's mother
    is still open.

Mr E wrote: »
    I usually hate flashback episodes, but that was really well done. They even found a decent stand-in for Brian Dennehy.

Looking forward to next week. I think the chance of Red
    being Liz's mother
    is still open.

Gotta agree as flashbacks go it was excellent, re your spoiler I am taking that for granted but as with this show next week could completely change it. This season has been one of the best looking forward to where it goes from here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What I'm struggling to see is what is next season suppose to be about? The whole question about Reddington will be settled (from a story perspective with Liz) which was the overarching meta story. Reddington bringing in more black list numbers for another season seems off between the section shutting down and the fact he's protecting Liz is out of the picture as well basically.

Advertisement