Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Mine is very loud when I insert the spiderman disc and its copying. Anyone else having this issue. Thiught it would be quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

fixXxer wrote: »
    Any Carrickmines for delivery people updated yet? Feels like it's gonna a long day waiting for that delivery SMS.

Seems to be a good few on the preorder thread, myself included, who are based in Dublin and are in the same boat. Hope it updates soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Just realized I haven’t bought any games for it!!! Are there any demo games uploaded onto the console?

If you have PS Plus then you get the PS Plus Collection for free.
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/playstation-plus-collection-details-revealed-your-november-playstation-plus-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Carrickmines about 30 in q running at a snails pace . Turned around and went home ill go back later

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

Mine is very loud when I insert the spiderman disc and its copying. Anyone else having this issue. Thiught it would be quite.

Might be like that when installing but should be OK after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Queue at Smyths Fonthill absolutely enormous. I'm not waiting in that! Back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still no DPD update from Smyths, still on travelling through network.

Not looking good for a morning delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Got a Seagate 4TB external hard drive yesterday and moved my PS4 games to it in anticipation for the PS5. Anyone know will it have to be formatted again and games manually loaded on to the external again or will the PS5 recognise it and the games stored on it straight away i.e. will it be plug and play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

DeadWeight wrote:
    Might be like that when installing but should be OK after that

Seems to be thankfully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Was about 10th in Smyths Tallaght this morning.
    Queue was slow moving, got to me, in/out in less than a minute.

Demon's Souls will be the 1st game I play, 80 mins left...:(:(
    jones wrote: »
    While updating the system it says to sign into the app using the scan code but it's not working ah well

Flawless for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Carrick mines DPD updated to delivering between 1230 and 1330 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aor2405

.G. wrote: »
    Queue at Smyths Fonthill absolutely enormous. I'm not waiting in that! Back later.

Got there at 08:00am and was standing at the end of the que right at the corner of elverys, didn't get my hands on the ps5 till 08:55. When I got into the car, the que was around the corner and along the side of elverys. It's insane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Kamu wrote: »
    Picked mine up at Smyths and got home there, only one person (a mother) stopped me and about 20 envious looks. :D

You know things are bad when mothers are out roaming the streets and accosting people for info on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

No queue at all at Smyths Sligo. In and out in 2 minutes. I forgot to clear space in the boot, so she’s riding up front with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

aor2405 wrote: »
    Got there at 08:00am and was standing at the end of the que right at the corner of elverys, didn't get my hands on the ps5 till 08:55. When I got into the car, the que was around the corner and along the side of elverys. It's insane

It still is and all the way down the the end of elverys. They need to sort it out its way too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

No queue at all at Smyths Sligo. In and out in 2 minutes. I forgot to clear space in the boot, so she’s riding up front with me.

There's no seatbelt on it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Same an hour ago when I went up. Maybe there was a queue at 8 but it was empty at 9. Smyths now have my business for the whole generation whenever I am buying in a B&M shop after the way they calmly and expertly handled the whole PS5 launch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just got the DPD text - arriving between 2-3pm which is the norm for my area :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

There's no seatbelt on it :eek:

His car drives itself so it knows it has precious cargo up front so is going slow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have to get some groceries as well like food and milk. Think will pick those up first. No way am I stopping anywhere and leaving the PS5 in the car.

So anyone who collected already notice any dodgy people watching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Have to get some groceries as well like food and milk. Think will pick those up first. No way am I stopping anywhere and leaving the PS5 in the car.

So anyone who collected already notice any dodgy people watching?

Well in Sligo everyone is dodgy. But Smyths did have a security guard on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Controller will take some adjusting to get used to but so far feels good to hold

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just got mine delivered a few minutes ago via DPD. I ordered from Smyths!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Counting down the minutes until it's an acceptable time to take an early lunch break :o:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Evilbart

For anybody who ordered from Amazon directly to Ireland I got the below updates.

Digital addition arriving today from Amazon.

Disc version arriving tomorrow from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

You could plug it into that massive display in your dashboard and just never go home?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well hope ye all enjoy your new purchase and get years of enjoyment from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I never properly looked at the PS Plus Collection before now. That's a ridiculous set of games and they are all free! Anyone who skipped PS4 and didn't play any of them has a lot of fun ahead.

First impressions of the console are really good. Played through 1 level of Astro's playroom and the controller is fantastic. I'll need time to get used to it I think as I only played around 30 minutes and my hands are a little tired :D

Second thing of note is the download speeds. I'm hooked up with a LAN cable on SIRO gigabit and I'm getting 65MB/s downloading Days Gone. That's 3 times the speed I get on PS4. Huge improvement.

It took 5 minutes to download the first 14 gigs of the game and I'm playing it now

https://streamja.com/B4dBP

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

My god the box is heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Irishbrick wrote: »
    My god the box is heavy

Apt username :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement