Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

st_jimmy wrote: »
    Planning to head to Fonthill Smyths for my own C&C but will leave it a bit later as I would imagine queuing will be considerable in the morning based on your update.
    I actually thought I was clever going in between the morning and lunch rush, but nope. Girl at the door said it's been consistently like that since before they opened! I'll try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just back from Smyths in Swords, I know I was lazy this morning but that’s what happens when you have a 9 month old baby :D

Was in and out in 5 mins, done very well with 2 dedicated tills for PS5 pre orders. There were about 10 in the queue then security came down the queue asking if any had PS5 pre order and we were brought straight in as tills available.

There was a Karen in the queue asking why people where skipping ahead of her:p

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

RoryMac wrote: »
    Getting worried about delivery today, still on "Travelling through the DPD network" and anything I've had delivered from them before has been updated by now if it's getting delivered on the day.

Hopefully it's just that they're extra busy and they're still working on getting them out

There is a bit of lag in the system in places. Mine still said the same until about 10 mins ago, and now I have an update saying it was loaded onto a van at 9:10am with delivery expected between 11 and 12!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Is GameStop delivery only for the pre orders or can you collect in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Just got mine delivered now, from Smyths via DPD massive plain brown box for those worried about any branding etc. Great service from Smyths and DPD. Now to get it set up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

3 minutes between entering the carpark at Smyths Waterford and leaving again. There was no queue. Credit to them for making it all seamless from pre-order to collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The Mig wrote: »
    Is GameStop delivery only for the pre orders or can you collect in store?

It depends on the store, you can click and collect at the open ones, see here for a list of them

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

madds wrote: »
    Wife just picked our pre-ordered PS5 up in Currys Fonthill. They had 25 units in stock, all pre-ordered. People who hadn't ordered one were joining the queue outside in the lead up to the store opening hoping they might be able to get one but staff were reguarly coming out and saying there was no point queueing if you hadn't got your name down.

Had you heard anything from them since you put your name down? Also did the wife collect for you with no issue? I've the girlfriend sent to collect mine from Limerick Currys at around lunchtime, fingers crossed i will get one. I got my deposit down in store and name taken fairly early, just the radio silence since then has me spooked

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Godammit! DID had them!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

RedXIV wrote: »
    It depends on the store, you can click and collect at the open ones, see here for a list of them
    Pre-ordered click and collect from a store that's now closed ffs. Will have to contact Gamestop

• Advertisement

And Harvey Norman now says down for maintenance.

Think I'm gonna call it a day and wait for whenever my pre-order from Gamestop comes in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Godammit! DID had them!

According to their customer service, they still do have them and you need to keep refreshing.

Wing126 wrote: »
    According to their customer service, they still do have them and you need to keep refreshing.

There's no option to add to basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Annnd delivered to my friends house, have to go pick it up now and then wait another month to use it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭cena

Are many of ye using 4k TVs with the ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Collected a ps5 for a friend in curry's in last 30mins. It was a pre-order placed AFTER the time that was reported for cut-off here. They made no contact to confirm availability. Chanced traveling to store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

There's no option to add to basket.

I know yeah, their customer service still says they have some available though. https://twitter.com/DIDElectrical/with_replies

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

DPD text saying delivery today between 2.15 and 3.15pm! Cannot wait.

Anyone who receives their PS5 today I highly recommend the first thing you do after turning it on, is to disable that rest mode for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Gonzo wrote: »

Anyone who receives their PS5 today I highly recommend the first thing you do after turning it on, is to disable that rest mode for the time being.

Got mine to say 12:30 to 1:30!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Gonzo wrote: »

How come? haven't really been following things but I assume it's due to a bug?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

My digital edition orders through Gamestop and shipped with An Post just arrived to me in Sligo... happy days. Hope the rest of you get yours soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

DPD hour window text just came in, should be 4pm, which is typical DPD for this area. Good lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Just back from smyths. All good, just an FYI

I bought Miles Morales last week and collected it today, but since I didn’t pick it up within 2 days that payment was refunded and I had to pay €80 again

€80 *should* make it’s way back to me in a day or two. Revolut showing nothing yet

So if you have a PS5, make sure you get it within 2 days or else €400/€500 will be in bank limbo after that for a week or so and you’ll need to come up with the money again temporarily if you go collect after the 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Disc edition just arrived, see you guys on the other side of Demon's Souls.

Again, Smyths were great for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Got it

Best picture of the day :) enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Doomofman wrote: »
    My digital edition orders through Gamestop and shipped with An Post just arrived to me in Sligo... happy days. Hope the rest of you get yours soon

Good to see someone get one from them. Hope for us yet.

Had one in cart in DID then disappeared!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Just back from smyths. All good, just an FYI

I bought Miles Morales last week and collected it today, but since I didn’t pick it up within 2 days that payment was refunded and I had to pay €80 again

€80 *should* make it’s way back to me in a day or two. Revolut showing nothing yet

So if you have a PS5, make sure you get it within 2 days or else €400/€500 will be in bank limbo after that for a week or so and you’ll need to come up with the money again temporarily if you go collect after the 48 hours
    it takes a day for it to show on your card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Ordered a copy of Borderlands 3 yesterday to upgrade to the ps5 version (11 pounds on Amazon) and it just arrived now.

Amazing

Advertisement