Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

I will post a pic as soon as my parcels arrive.
    Please be Launch day.....Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Not seeing any consoles available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Abe_88

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Not seeing any consoles available online.

Harvey Norman tomorrow at 9am bud

Once I transfer my PS4 date to the PS5.....

I will be going back and forward from PS5 to PS4 until Xmas. ( dont ask)
    But will my both consoles update my data each time I switch it on.

????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

No update on my console for Smyths and ups the game last week updated the night before 10pm for a 9 am delivery the day of release.Shame as I pied the day off work for a good run at it but hopefully it arrives for the weekend

5am ish Edit my tracking suddenly updated with it being in the depot from 9 last night so we are good for launch day I think

" your parcell is travelling through the DPD network"

That the last update I have from Wed Evening. ( on Both my PS5 orders)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Still no email or payment taken for me from Gamestop. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Am I better off getting ps4 games like Dirt 5 instead of the actual ps5 game?

Seems a bit strange that Argos have Ps5 version priced 7euro more however a ps4 version will work for ps4 and ps5 using the free upgrade...

Does the ps5 disc version add something that I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Am I better off getting ps4 games like Dirt 5 instead of the actual ps5 game?

Seems a bit strange that Argos have Ps5 version priced 7euro more however a ps4 version will work for ps4 and ps5 using the free upgrade...

Does the ps5 disc version add something that I'm missing?

Its maybe slightly more convenient to have the PS4 version but other than that it makes no difference whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Be careful there are ps4 games that aren't cross buy/gen and some that only certain versions/editions are cross gen.

If you see a PS4 version cheaper it might be for a reason.

sticker wrote: »
    Still no email or payment taken for me from Gamestop. Gutted.

My head would be melted in fairness.
    Hope you hear something today.

I will never touch GS again.
    A pox on the gaming world they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

That was a stressful evening! :eek:

I was relaxing watching TV when I got a text message from Smyths around 8:20pm saying my payment method had failed and to update same.

Logged on and did so and then had to approve the transaction via the Ulster Bank app. Payment went through eventually but I got no confirmation email detailing same until around 9:15pm when the barcode email arrived.

Phew!

I think my bank may have blocked the transaction due to the amount as I have had pre-orders from Smyths with that payment method over the last week with no issue. I was lucky Smyths allow you the time/chance to rectify any issues and it’s not a no payment, your order is gone scenario.

I’m going to head down to my local Smyths for around 7:30am to scope it out and get into the queue, depending on numbers. I’m hoping the Smyths emailing last night with no mention of 8am opening will lead to many not turning up until 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Sidford

Argos site seems to be preparing for release of stock so if anyone's looking for one I would try there this morning. Can go so far as picking a store but all out of stock, won't let you pick two stores to check stock so assume they are prepping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InDarkWoods

The Smyths emailing I received last night said their opening hours are 9am most mornings. Is it still advisable to go at 8am? Are they opening early for the launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

The Smyths emailing I received last night said their opening hours are 9am most mornings. Is it still advisable to go at 8am? Are they opening early for the launch?

The email you got last night is a stock copy/paste job. They are opening at 8am today

Parsnips wrote: »
    My head would be melted in fairness.
    Hope you hear something today.

I will never touch GS again.
    A pox on the gaming world they are.

I'm absolutely baffled. I have order as confirmed with green lights on all payment methods. No reply from GS support. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

So here i am, at 7 am on my day, off joining the rat race. Having ordered my console in June. Fcuk gamestop they've lost a customer. Never shopping there again

Spooch wrote: »
    So here i am, at 7 am on my day, off joining the rat race. Having ordered my console in June. Fcuk gamestop they've lost a customer. Never shopping there again

Did you have confirmed order? Thought you could only order in September...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

GameStop have been taking pre-orders since last year afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

You could throw down 50 euro since like last year. Confirmed launch allocation. No word on the console. Going to try source one elsewhere today but slim pickings methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Gamestop tracking hasn't updated since 12.00 yesterday, still says its in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Up and ready to roll down to Smyths! Good luck everyone who's on the hunt for a PS5 this morning! and enjoy everyone who got their hands on one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Up and ready to roll down to Smyths! Good luck everyone who's on the hunt for a PS5 this morning! and enjoy everyone who got their hands on one!

We'll probably be in the queue together. :pac:

Spooch wrote: »
    You could throw down 50 euro since like last year. Confirmed launch allocation. No word on the console. Going to try source one elsewhere today but slim pickings methinks

I thought GS sent emails to those early orders that stocks coming in January...

This should mean I get it at launch surely

2020-11-18_21-51-19.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Happy Sony Christmas everyone! Now to sit on the step like a gnome until the DPD guy arrives :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

fixXxer wrote: »
    Happy Sony Christmas everyone! Now to sit on the step like a gnome until the DPD guy arrives :-/

Are we expected to receive another tracking update? Checking mine and it still says it is traveling through the Network, I assume we get a pre delivery text at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Are we expected to receive another tracking update? Checking mine and it still says it is traveling through the Network, I assume we get a pre delivery text at some stage?

Should update soon to say it's on a van and out for delivery

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

fixXxer wrote: »

Also known as no playstation mods available day. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement